Daily Current Affairs 22nd September 2022
Tamil Nadu is at the top in the health insurance scheme of the state governments
- The Central Health Expenditure Report for the year 2018-19 has now been published.
- According to the report, Tamil Nadu is at the top in terms of insurance schemes has implemented in various states across the country.
- Under Chief Minister’s Comprehensive Medical Insurance Scheme from 23.07.2009 to 31.08.2022, 1,19,10,653 beneficiaries have benefited with an insurance amount of Rs.10,835 crores.
- This scheme was started by the Government of Tamil Nadu in the year 2009 under Kalaignar insurance scheme.
- Later this scheme has been renamed as Comprehensive Chief Minister’s Insurance Scheme. Since last year 2018, this scheme has been working in collaboration with the Health Department.
Convergence portal has launched by the Ministry of Agriculture and food processing
- Union Minister Shri Narendra Singh Tomar and Shri Pashupati Kumar Paras has launched convergence portal for the Agriculture Infrastructure Fund Scheme, Prime Minister’s Micro Food Enterprises Upgradation Scheme and PM Kisan Sampada Yojana.
- The portal would prove to be very important for the food processing enterprises of the country.
- The Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare is implementing the Agriculture Infrastructure Fund (AIF) – a medium to long-term debt financing facility started on 08 July 2020.
- Ministry of Food Processing Industries (MoFPI) launched a centrally sponsored PPMFME scheme on June 29th, 2020.
- MoFPI – Ministry of Food Processing Industries
- AIF- Agriculture Infrastructure Fund
- PPMFME – Prime Minister’s Micro Food Enterprises Upgradation Scheme
For the first time in the country ‘Industrial Hemp’ has been cultivated in the state of Uttarakhand!!!
- After six years, Uttarakhand became the first state to allow large-scale cultivation of industrial hemp (cannabis sativa, which is less addictive and is mainly used for medicinal and industrial purposes);
- Also Uttarakhand Government has succeeded in developing the first prototype of “Standardized Industrial Jute”.
- This is the first time in India that industrial jute is grown for grading as per government guidelines.
- Bombay Hemp Company (BOHECO), working with the State Agriculture Department for this project.
Minister Kishan has announced to fly the national flag at tourist sites and hostels
- Tourism Minister Kishan Reddy has announced to fly the national flag at tourist sites and hostels as a way of showing the country’s pride to foreigners.
- He made this announcement at the conclusion of the three-day National Conference of State Tourism Ministers held in the capital of Himachal Pradesh.
- He also added that $ 30 billion is estimated to be received in foreign exchange income and 15 million foreign tourists are expected to reach here by 2024.
Statue of Lakshmi Chagal, India’s first woman soldier unveiled!!!
- Lakshmi(INA) from Chennai raised an all-women ‘Rani Jhansi Force’ unit in the Indian National Army during World War II and rendered outstanding service in the freedom struggle.
- Also, on 21st September 1991, a training center for women was also started at the Army Officers Training Center in Parangimalai, Chennai. So far 2,835 female army officers have been trained and served in the army at this centre.
- This training center completed 30 years yesterday (Sep 22). To celebrate this, a statue of Captain Lakshmi, India’s first woman army officer, was unveiled. The hostel for female army officers undergoing training there was named ‘Captain Lakshmi’.
- Lakshmi’s grandson Shad Ali inaugurated the inscription under the leadership of Gen. Sanjiv Chouhan of Chennai Military Training Centre Tamil people made of ivory have now been found.
India bags UN award
- India has won the UN award for its initiative to control, and prevent hypertension under National Health Mission.
- The India Hypertension Control Initiative (IHCI) has been recognized for its exceptional work within India’s existing primary healthcare system.
- The UN General Assembly held in New York, the IHCI has won the 2022 UN Interagency Task Force and WHO Special Programme on Primary Health Care Award.
- This award recognizes the outstanding commitment and action of India to prevent and control Non-Communicable Diseases and deliver integrated people-centric primary care.
Astronauts going to International Space Station!!!
- American astronaut Frank Rubia and Russian cosmonauts Sergey and Dmitry tested their spacesuits before taking off from the Baikonur launch pad in Kazakhstan aboard the Soyuz spacecraft to the International Space Station.
- The International Space Station (ISS) is currently the largest modular space station in low Earth orbit. It is a project involving five space agencies: NASA (USA), Roscosmos (Russia), JAXA (Japan), ESA (Europe) and CSA (Canada).
- Ownership and use of the space station is established by intergovernmental treaties and agreements.
- The station serves as a microgravity and space environment research laboratory.
Metro Phase -2 to have driverless trains
- Chennai Metro Rail (CMRL) has planned to operate driverless trains in 3 corridors of the 118.9km in Phase 2.
- The entire operation of a train will be automatic.
- Phase 1 will be operated by the drivers and there are no changes in Phase 1.
- Official said that phase 2 begins operation in 2025.
- CMRL- Chennai Metro Rail Limited
The Indian rupee has fallen to an all-time low against the US dollar
- The Sensex index fell 270 points to 59,186 and the National Stock Exchange’s Nifty index fell 65 points to 17,653.
- Meanwhile, the rupee has hit an all-time low against the US dollar after the Federal Reserve announced its interest rate hike.
- The Federal Reserve Bank hiked interest rates by 75 bps. This has raised the interest rate from 36 to 3.25%. After the interest rate hike, the Indian rupee fell to 80.46 in early trade today. As a result, the value of the dollar strengthened and the value of the Indian rupee fell to an all-time high.
- It opened 0.4% lower at 80.28. It was 80.12 on Aug. 29. For the fifth time this year, the rupee has crossed 80.
Asian Development Bank (ADB) Advance Notification for India’s Economic Growth for 2022-23!!!
- The Asian Development Bank (ADB) has cut India’s economic growth forecast for 2022-23 to 7 percent from 7.5 percent earlier.
- This decline is due to higher than expected inflation and monetary tightening.
- Further GDP (Gross Domestic Product) growth has been reduced to 7.5 per cent in the year ending March 2023 from the ADO 2022 estimate and to 7 per cent in 2023.
- In March 2024, 7.2 percent price pressures will affect domestic consumption.
“Vallalar 200 – Logo and Postal Envelope” Released to realize the excellence of Mr. Arudprakasha Vallalar!!!
- The Chief Minister will release the “Vallalar-200” logo and postage stamp at a function to celebrate Vallalar on 5th October in Chennai.
- Following this, he is going to start a year-round almsgiving ceremony
- The Chief Minister has also announced 5th October as “Personal Compassion Day”.
- After this, it is planned to celebrate the 200th anniversary of Vallalar, the 156th year of the establishment of Dharamsala, and the 152nd year of Jyoti Darshanam as a triple festival.
- Vallalar established the first Dharamsala in 1867
An Ancient artifacts made of ivory, and an iron knife found !!!
- In Sivagangai district excavations at Kezhadi, ancient artifacts such as game object made of ivory and damaged iron knife have been found.
- The Tamil Nadu Archeology Department is conducting the 8th phase of excavation work from February-12.
- Earlier, 10 pits were excavated in the basement and objects such as clay human head, ivory dice, ear ornaments and glass beads were found.
- A large ivory bell (anikalan) has been found.
- This bead is cylindrical in shape and has many coils. The length of the bell is 5.6 cm, the total diameter is 4 cm. The diameter of the hole in it was 1.3 cm. The surface was polished and looked smooth. Both ends were flat.
National Mineral Development Corporation Wins National Awards For Excellence In CSR And Sustainability
- National Mineral Development Corporation the country’s largest iron ore producer has conferred with National Awards for Excellence in Corporate social responsibility (CSR) and Sustainability.
- The company’s director Dilip Kumar Mohanty received the accolades presented to NMDC for Sustainable Income Generation and Best Overall CSR Excellence.
- National Mineral Development Corporation is a government-owned mineral producer, Headquarters is Hyderabad, and it is founded on 15 November 1958.
- CSR– Corporate social responsibility
- NMDC- National Mineral Development Corporation
Rashtriya Ispat Nigam Limited (RINL) bags National Energy Leader Award
- 23 rd National Award for Excellence in Energy Management programme was held at New Delhi.
- In 23 rd National Award, Rashtriya Ispat Nigam Limited (RINL) bags National Energy Leader Award For The Fourth Time Consecutively.
- From 2017 onwards bags Excellent Energy Efficient Unit Award for sixth time.
- Shri AK Saxena, Director (Operations), RINL and Shri Abhijit Chakrabarti, CGM(Works)-Incharge has received the award.
- Rashtriya Ispat Nigam Limited firm is a government-owned steel producer, it is founded on 18 February 1982 and its headquarters is at Visakhapatnam.
- RINL- Rashtriya Ispat Nigam Limited
The book She Is–Women in STEAM by ElsaMarie D’Silva and Supreet K Singh has released
- The Principal Scientific Adviser to the Government of India, Prof. Ajay Sood, and the British High Commissioner Mr. Alex Ellis unveiled the book She Is–Women in STEAM
- This book was authored by ElsaMarie D’Silva and Supreet K Singh.
- This book honors 75 women in STEAM (fields of Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Mathematics) celebrating gender, leadership, and sustainable development in the fields of STEAM.
- This book is about the personal and professional Struggles of women who did not have it easy but who for sure are role models for every girl who aspires to work in one of these disciplines.
Theni. student Snegan made an achievement to swim in the sea of the North Channel in Northern Ireland!!!
- A 9th Class student from Theni has set a record by swimming 35 km in the North Channel Sea in Ireland.
- He has set a record by swimming 35 km freestyle in the North Channel sea from North Island to Scotland in Ireland.
- He Swim in the North Channel on 21/09/2022 from 6:30 am to 9 pm Northern Ireland Time.
- He also became the first Indian to swim 35 km under the age of 18.
World Rhino Day
- World Rhino Day is celebrated on September 22 every year.
- This day is observed to create awareness about the Rhino.
- World Rhino Day was first celebrated on September 22, 2011, but was first announced by World Wildlife South Africa, in 2010.
- The significance of this day is spreading awareness about critically endangered species and how they need help in preservation.
- The theme for this year World Rhino Day is “Five Rhino Species Forever”.
World Rose Day is celebrated on 22nd September!!!
- Millions of people in worldwide are affected by cancer. The main objective of this day is to alleviate the worries and encourage and support the patients who are battling with cancer.
- World Rose Day is observed in memory of Melinda Rose, a 12-year-old patient who died of cancer in 1996.
- This day reminds cancer patients that they can bring happiness and hope in their lives and that through determination and positivity they can win the battle against cancer.
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|
|Online Classes||Click Here|