Daily Current Affairs 21st September 2022
Dharmendra Pradhan has launched SCALE app
- Minister of Education and Skill Development Dharmendra Pradhan has launched SCALE (Skill Certification Assessment for Leather Employees) app.
- This app will provides a one-stop solution for the skilling, learning, assessment, and employment needs of the leather industry.
- SCALE app was developed by the Leather Skill Sector Council.
- This app change the way to skill development programmes are designed and delivered to the trainees in leather industry.
The All-India Consumer Price Index Number for Agricultural Labourers and Rural Labourers for the month of August 2022
- The All-India Consumer Price Index Number for Agricultural Labourers and Rural Labourers for the month of August 2022, increased by 9 points.
- The major contribution towards the rise in general index of Agricultural Labourers and Rural Labourers came from food group to the extent of 7.74 & 7.36 points.
- Agricultural Labourers – it recorded an increase of 3 to 15 points in 20 States. Tamil Nadu with 1312 points topped the index table whereas Himachal Pradesh with 898 points stood at the bottom.
- Rural Labourers – it recorded an increase of 3 to 17 points in 20 States. Tamil Nadu with 1301 points topped the index table whereas Himachal Pradesh with 951 points stood at the bottom.
Cabinet approves Production Linked Incentive Scheme
- Cabinet approves has approved the Ministry of New & Renewable Energy’s proposal for implementation of the Production Linked Incentive Scheme (Tranche II) on ‘National programme on High Efficiency Solar PV Modules with an outlay of Rs.19,500 crore for achieving manufacturing capacity of Giga Watt (GW) scale in High Efficiency Solar PV Modules.
- High Efficiency Solar PV Modules aims to build an ecosystem for manufacturing of high efficiency solar PV modules in India, and thus reduce import dependence in the area of Renewable Energy. It will strengthen the Atamnirbhar Bharat initiative and generate employment.
Benefits expected from the scheme are,
- The scheme will bring direct investment of around Rs.94,000 crore.
- Direct employment of about 1,95,000 and indirect employment of around 7,80,000 persons.
- It is estimated that about 65,000 MW per annum manufacturing capacity of fully and partially integrated, solar PV modules would be installed.
A “Dugong sanctuary” will be set up in Gulf of Mannar, Pak Bay
- For the first time in India, Pak includes coastal areas of Pudukottai district. A “Dugong sanctuary” will be set up in the bay.
- The Tamil Nadu government has declared an area of 448 square kilometers as a sea cow sanctuary.
- In order to protect the endangered species of Dugong and its marine habitats in Tamil Nadu, a “Sea Sponge Sanctuary” is being set up in Gulf of Mannar and Pak Bay.
Army parade has been changed outside of the delhi!!!
- Army Day is celebrated on 15th January every year.
- Field Marshal Cariappa became the first Indian Chief of Army Staff after the independence of the country. To commemorate this, every year January 15th is celebrated as Army Day.
- Military parade was usually held at Gariappa Parade Ground in Delhi Cantonment.
- Army sources said that the parade has now been shifted outside Delhi. Also, it is said that this Army Day parade is going to be held at different places every year on a rotational basis.
Ratan Tata newly appointed trustees of PM CARES Fund
- PM chairs meeting of Board of Trustees of PM CARES Fund. In this meeting PM appoints new trustees.
- Ratan Tata has newly appointed as trustees of PM CARES Fund.
- Further, Former Comptroller and Auditor General Rajiv Mehrishi, former Infosys Foundation chairperson Sudha Murthy and Teach for India co-founder Anand Shah have been nominated into the advisory board of the Fund.
Free bread machine program installed all over Dubai
- Government of Dubai has installed free bread vending machines all over Dubai.
- In order to save money for their families, workers like construction workers, car and heavy vehicle drivers, and ‘delivery’ workers spend days starving without eating three meals a day. This situation needs to be changed, Sheikh Mohammed Bin, the Prime Minister of the United Arab Emirates, said last year.
- Following this the Government of Dubai has installed automatic free bread “vending machines” over dubai.
ISRO Launches Mark-3 Rocket with 36 satellites on October 22.!!!
- ISRO GSLV ,The UK’s 36 satellites will be launched by a Mark-3 rocket on October 22.
- The PSLV rocket can only carry a maximum payload of 1750 kg.
- GSLV rocket can launch up to 4000 kg.
- ISRO’s NSIL along with UK-based OneWeb have nominated 2 rocket launch pads.
- In the first phase GSLV will be launched at the launch pad at Sri Hari Kota. The Mark-3 rocket was launched on October 22
Nayak period Madaidhun inscription found in Pudukottai district!!!
- The planted on Mangulak bank are approximately 3.72 m. Height is 36 cm. They have gained in width and have grown taller. Their weight is 22 cm. Of the two pillars on the right, the inscription is found on the left pillar.
- Inscribed in seven lines in Tamil script, the inscription is 16th or 17th century based on script.
- Two years ago, central researchers found two Chola-era inscriptions on mud pillars on the shores of the Thimmayampatti pond in the same area.
- The message and information that Kandangkusa Velan, an old sage, and Uttamashola Urathur, a native of Vaiigai, gave Ammaita stones, and the information that they were given as ‘head draining stones’ are revealed through inscriptions.
- In most of the lakes, ponds and villages of Pudukottai district, mud pillars have been erected and many of them have historical information carved on them.
2.0 Project to Increase Server Speed in E-Service Centers!!!
- Information Technology Minister T. Mano Thanga Raj has said that a new program called 2.0 has been introduced to increase the speed of communication in e-service centers.
- State IT digital service is being used to bridge the relationship between the people and the government and to bring the government services to the people.
- More than 200 schemes which have been offered to the general public so far will be increased to 300.
- In order to improve this, formal online training has been provided to 3,647 employees in the Head Secretariat and the work of setting up an e-office is in progress.
Mineral Production Records 6.1 per cent
- The index of mineral production of mining and quarrying sector for the month of July, 2022 as 3.3% lower as compared to the level in the month of July, 2021.
- As per the provisional statistics of Indian Bureau of Mines growth for the period April- July, 2022-23 over the corresponding period of previous year has increased 6.1 per cent.
- The Important minerals showing positive growth during July, 2022 is Phosphorite (39.3%), Coal (11.2%), Copper conc (8.8%), and Zinc conc (5.9%).
- The Important minerals showing negative growth Iron Ore (-21.5%), Manganese ore (-17.9%), Lignite (-16.6%), Gold (-10.6%), Magnesite (-10.5%), Chromite (-9.0%), Limestone (-8.8%), Lead conc (-3.9%), Petroleum (crude) (-3.8%), Bauxite (-1.4%), and Natural Gas (U) (-0.3%).
First Advance Estimates of production of major kharif crops released
- Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare has released the First Advance Estimates of production of major kharif crops for 2022-23.
- As per First Advance Estimates for the major kharif crops are
- Foodgrains – 92 million tonnes.
- Rice – 99 million tonnes.
- Nutri / Coarse Cereals – 56 million tonnes.
- Maize – 10 million tonnes. (record)
- Pulses – 37 million tonnes.
- Tur – 89 million tonnes.
- Oilseeds – 57 million tonnes.
- Groundnut – 37 million tonnes.
- Soyabean – 89 million tonnes.
- Cotton – 19 million bales (of 170 kg each)
- Jute & Mesta –10.09 million bales (of 180 kg each)
- Sugarcane – 465.05 million tonnes (record)
Gujarati film is selected to participate in Oscar competition !!!
- The Gujarati film ‘Cello Show’ has been nominated by India for the 95th Oscars.
- Film Federation of India annually sends films from India to the competition for the Oscars.
- Various language films will compete for this at the national level. In this case, the Film Federation of India has announced that Gujarat language film ‘Cello Show’ and the film titled ‘The Last Film Show’ in English will participate in the nomination for the Oscars.
- Directed by Phan Nalin, the film will be released nationwide on October 14 and will be nominated to participate as India’s official for the Oscars.
International Day of Peace
- International Day of Peace is observed every year on September 21.
- In 1981 United Nation General Assembly declared the third Tuesday on September as an International day of Peace.
- Then in 2001 United Nation General Assembly moved the date to be observed annually on September 21.
- The theme for this year 2022 is “End racism. Build peace”.
- The significane of International Day of Peace theme is to observed to the aim of making a new world free of racism and racial discrimination.
World Alzheimer’s Day
- World Alzheimer’s Day is observed annually on September 21 to raise awareness about neurological disorders.
- World Alzheimer’s Day was first marked on 21 September 1994 at the opening of ADI’s annual conference in Edinburgh.
- The day was celebrated to mark the 10th anniversary of the organization, which was founded in 1984.
- This year’s theme for World Alzheimer’s Month is ‘Know Dementia, know Alzheimer’s’.
Indian women’s cricket team player Mandana moves to 2nd place!!!
- Indian women’s cricketer Smriti Mandhana has moved up to the 2nd position in the international women’s 20-over and ODI rankings.
- Smriti Mandhana continues to impress at the 2nd position in the T20 rankings as she continues to perform well.
- First is Beth Mooney with 743 points.
- Smriti Mandhana is second with 731 points.
- Australia’s Meg Lanning is third with 725 points.
- Indian player Shabali Verma is at the 6th position with 666 points.
- This ranking report was released by ICC on September 20.
Elvis Ali Hazarika was the first Assamese swimmer to cross the Northern Channel !!!
- Elvis participated in the Asia Pacific Championship at the age of nine and represented India in the SAF Games.
- Veteran Assamese swimmer Elvis Ali Hazarika became the first person to cross the Northern Channel from the Northeast.
- The North Channel is a strait between northeastern Northern Ireland and southwestern Scotland.
- Elvis and his team took 14 hours and 38 minutes to achieve this feat. With this, Elvis became the oldest Indian swimmer to cross the Northern Channel.
Ankita wins first in W.T.A. tennis category!!!!
- South Korea Women’s Doubles U.D.A. Tennis series continues, Indian player Ankita wins her first win against Australia’s Madison English.
- Ankita Won the 2-hour match in the series of 2-6,7-5,6-1.
- She ranked No. 329 in the first round of the Korean Open tennis singles.
- Raina won gold medals in women’s singles and mixed doubles at the 2016 South Asian Games and a bronze medal in singles at the 2018 Asian Games.
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|
|Online Classes||Click Here|