Daily Current Affairs 20th September 2022
Chief Minister N. Biren Singh launches ‘CM Da Haisi’ web portal
- To receive complaints and grievances from the general public Chief Minister N. Biren Singh has launched ‘CM Da Haisi’ portal.
- The name ‘CM Da Haisi’ means ‘Inform to CM’.
- The public can raise their grievances in the web portal by logging on to www.cmdahaisi.mn.gov.in.
- To directly connect with the chief minister via helpline number is also provided (95347 95347).
- Chief Minister also said that “This will further enable us to bring transparency and accountability in governance and delivery of public services”.
Andaman Nicobar Islands becomes India’s first state/UT to achieve a 100 percent coverage of precautionary dose.
- Andaman Nicobar administration has informed that the union territory has completed vaccinating its entire eligible population against the Coronavirus.
- According to the health bulletin, 2.87 lakh people has received both doses of the Covid-19 vaccine Covishield against the target of 2.86 lakh beneficiaries, leading to 100.41% vaccination.
- “A&N achieved 100% Covid vaccine coverage making it first State/UT to achieve the feat using only Covishield.
IRCTC Launches Money Transfer Service!!!
- Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) is going to start its service in the money transaction service sector.
- Presently IRCTC. The site has a payment gateway called i-pay.
- You can book travel tickets etc. through i-pay facility.
- Expand the money transfer business by partnering with more qualified businesses.
Federal Bank Launches KCC Scheme !!!
- Federal Bank launched Instant Kisan Credit Card (KCC) loan scheme in selected districts of Tamil Nadu as part of its efforts to digitize rural finance.
- Instant KCC was developed by the Reserve Bank Innovation Hub, a subsidiary of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI).
- The KCC platform will use e-KYC and eSign, an Application Programming Interface (API) developed by the Tamil Nadu e-Governance Agency.
- Earlier this month, RBI announced KCC loans in Madhya Pradesh and Tamil Nadu with Union Bank of India and Federal Bank respectively in September as partner banks and active cooperation of state governments.
Union Minister Released Action Plan Report of IIT!!!
- Union Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan released the action plan report of IIT Chennai for the next five years.
- IIT, Chennai, the country’s leading institute of higher education and technology, released its action plan report for the year 2022-27 under the chairmanship of Director Kamakody, IIT yesterday.
- Union Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan released the action plan statement.
Justice T.Raja has appointed as the Chief Justice of Madras High Court
- President of India today has appointed Justice T. Raja as a Chief Justice of Madras High Court.
- Justice M Duraiswamy, who took over as the Acting Chief Justice of the Madras High Court on September 13 following the superannuation of Chief Justice MN Bhandari, is retiring from service on September 21.
- Following this retirement Justice T. Raja will take up the responsibilities from september 22.
- Justice T. Raja, was born on May 25, 1961 in Thenur, Madurai District.
- Justice Raja was appointed as Additional Judge of Madras High Court on 31.03.2009.
Shri Vijoy Kumar Singh assumed charge as Secretary, Ex-Servicemen Welfare
- Vijoy Kumar Singh assumed charge as Secretary, Ex-Servicemen Welfare, Ministry of Defence on September.
- Vijoy Kumar Singh, a 1990-batch IAS officer of the Punjab cadre has an experience of more than 32 years in administration.
- He also recently served as Special Secretary in the Ministry of Textiles.
- Vijoy Kumar Singh has served as Joint Secretary in the Department of Personnel & Training.
President Droupadi Murmu has appointed directors for eight Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs).
- IIT, Madras Professor Seshadri Sekhar has been appointed as Director of IIT, Palakkad.
- IIT, Madras Professor Shreepad Karmalkar will be the new Director of IIT, Bhubaneshwar.
- IIT, Kharagpur’s Venkayappaya R. Desai has been appointed as the Director of IIT, Dharwad.
- IIT, Dharwad Director Pasumarthy Seshu has been given the responsibility of Director of IIT, Goa.
- IIT, Bhilai Director Rajat Moona has been named as the Director of IIT, Gandhinagar.
- N. Satyanarayana will be the Director of IIT, Tirupati.
- Rajiv Prakash will be the Director of IIT, Bhilai.
- Manoj Singh Gaur will be the Director of IIT, Jammu.
Appointment of Administrators of Newspaper Sales Monitoring System!!!
- The ‘Audit Bureau of Circulation’ has selected administrators to monitor the sales of newspapers for the year 2022-2023.
- Pratap Pawar, Chairman of ‘Sagal Media’ was elected as Chairman and Srinivasan K. Swamy, Managing Director of RK Swamy Advertising Company was elected as Vice Chairman. Riyad Mathew of ‘Malayala Manorama’ was elected as Honorary Secretary and Vikram Sakuja of ‘Madison Communications’ as Honorary Treasurer.
- The committee members are ‘The Bombay Samachar’ Hormuzji N. Gamma, ‘Jakran Prakashan’ Sailesh Gupta, ‘Hindustan Media’ Pravin Someswar, ‘Bennett Kalmen’ Mohit Jain, AP, Durba Mukherjee, ‘Lokmat Media’ Karnan Darda. and ‘IPG, Media Brands’ Shasidhar Sinha, ‘Group M’ Prashant Kumar, ‘United Breweries’ Debaprata Mukherjee, ITC, Karunesh Bajaj, ‘TVS, Motor Company’ Anirudha Haldar, ‘Maruti Suzuki India’ Sashank Srivastava selected.
Valery Polyakov Record-breaking Russian cosmonaut has passed away
- A Russian cosmonaut who holds the record for the longest-ever trip to space has died at age 80.
- He was born on 27 April 1942.
- He is the record holder for the longest single stay in space, staying aboard the Mir space station for more than 14 months (437 days 18 hours) during one trip.
- Polyakov undertook two space expeditions during his career.
Chennai 3rd comprehensive plan
- The Chennai Metropolitan Development Corporation has started the process of preparing the Comprehensive Plan (2027 – 2046) for the Chennai Metropolis.
- It is a plan to implement various basic facilities and to develop the city for the next 20 years.
- The first comprehensive was started in 1976, and the second phase of the comprehensive plan was from 2006 to 2026.
- Now the third comprehensive plan is to be set up from 2027 – 2046.
- This project has been prepared with the main objectives of economic development, urban development, transport development, infrastructure, security, climate change, tourism, and information technology.
FDI in Tamil Nadu increased by 18.43%
- In the first quarter of the financial year 2022-23, Tamilnadu has attracted an additional FDI of Rs 196 crore.
- According to the data released by the Union Ministry of Commerce, Tamilnadu received a total of Rs 5,836 crore worth of FDI during the period from April to June 2022.
- Maharashtra is leading at 28%, Karnataka is at 24%, Gujarat at 19%.
- Delhi is in fourth position followed by Tamilnadu is at fifth position.
- FDI in Tamil Nadu increased by 18.43% in FY 2021-22 as compared to 2020-21.
16th century Valari Veeran Nadukal has found
- A 500-year-old Valari Veeran sculpture has discovered at Gunnathur near D. Kallupatti in Madurai district.
- Professor Lakshmana Murthy and researcher Anantha Kumaran conducted a research in Kunnathur area, AD A 16th century Valari Veeran stone sculpture was discovered.
- Valari is a type of weapon used by Tamils in ancient times. Valari was used especially to capture foot thieves and to capture alive those fleeing from the battlefield.
- Valari Veeran nadukal is about 41 inches high and 27 inches wide. The 3 tiered gopuram is in the form of an archway and the lower part is carved with male and 2 female sculptures.
13th Century Nandi Idol Discovered Near Keezhakarai!!!
- A 13th century Nandi idol worshiped as Lord Shiva has been found in Mayakulam Bharati Nagar beach area near Ramanathapuram Geezalkarai.
- King Thirumalai Sethupathi, during his reign (1664-1674 AD) gave land as a deity for the construction of the ancient Meenakshi Sundareswarar temple in Keezakarai area.
- An inscription in the temple has a 500-year-old inscription on a rare bull lingam.
- Presently the bull lingam is 105 cm long when lying down., width 33 cm, height 49 cm.
- On the back thigh of the bull there is a rare inscription Om Pasuvati (Pasupati).
- Kathmandu, Nepal is home to the Pashupatinath Temple, one of the UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
Deepika wins gold in National Youth Javelin Championship (2022)!!!
- The 17th season of the National Youth Athletics Championship was held in Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh.
- In women’s javelin, Haryana’s Deepika had a maximum throw of 51.84m.
- He participated in last year’s “Gelo India Youth Games” and set a record of 51.37m, now he has broken his own record and set a new record.
- Haryana’s Sapna (48.76m) bagged silver and Bihar’s Rishi Kumari (43.51m) bronze.
Madurai student won 3 gold medals in Asia Pacific Deaf Badminton Tournament !!!
- Madurai student Gerlin Anika has set a record by winning 3 gold medals in the Asia Pacific Deaf Badminton Tournament.
- Asia Pacific Deaf Badminton Tournament was held in Thailand from 14th to 20th September.
- He won the gold in the singles event against the batsmen, and in the doubles event Jerlin won the medal with Anika and Aditya.
- Jeralyn Anika then won gold in mixed doubles.
Annie Besant Memorial Day
- Annie Besant was born on 1 October 1847 in London.
- Anni Besant, who came to India, was greatly affected by the oppression of the British government in India.
- She was the First Woman President of Indian National Congress in 1917.
- Although not an Indian by birth, Annie Besant , who fought for India’s freedom throughout her life, died on 20th September 1933 in Adyar, Chennai at the age of 85.
National IT Professionals Day
- Every year National IT Professionals Day is observed on September 20.
- It was first celebrated by IT Professionals at an IT Software and Management company known as Solarwinds in March of 2015.
- The Significance of this day is to honor and appreciate IT Professionals, the role of all people who contribute their services to information technology while also strengthening the global economy.
- The term “Information Technology” refers to a variety of products and services, including software development, integration, and maintenance, as well as a variety of other services where the role of information technology is critical.
Father of Kerala Renaissance – Narayana Guru Memorial Day!!!
- Narayanaguru (August 28, 1855 – September 20, 1928), Narayanan was born on August 28, 1855, in the village of Sembazhanthi near Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala state, to the couple Matan Asan – Kutti Ammal, who were farmers in the Ezhav community.
- Hindu spiritualist and social reformer of India.
- Narayanaguru was born in the Ezhav community at a time when many basic rights were denied to the backward and lower classes in Kerala due to caste atrocities that spread across India.
- Narayanaguru, who was called Gurudeva by his disciples, tried to guide and guide those who were suffering from caste restrictions and wondering why they were born in this world.
- Balbu, who was a doctor in Mysore, who was inspired by the work of Sri Narayana Guru, who built the Aruvipuram Shiva Temple and created a new revolution (his real name is Padmanapan, who was born in Kerala. He was from an untouchable community and was denied permission to keep the name of God by the local landowner, changed his name to Sri Narayana Guru). met
- Through him “Sri Narayana Dharma Paripalana Sabha” was established in 1903 at Aruvippuram with center in Thiruvananthapuram to change and improve the condition of the backward and lower class people of Kerala.
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|
|Online Classes||Click Here|