Daily Current Affairs 17th September 2022
Gautam Adani Appoints Karan Adani as the Chairman of ACC Cement Company!!!
- Cement maker ACC Ltd said that Karan Adani, son of India’s richest man Gautam Adani, has been appointed chairman of its board.
- With a net worth of $152.6 billion, Gautam Adani is currently the second richest man in the world after Elon Musk and Jeff Bezos.
- Adani Group ventured into cement manufacturing earlier this year by acquiring Holcim AG’s cement businesses in India – Ambuja Cements Ltd and ACC Ltd – for $10.5 billion.
- Karan Adani currently serves as the chief executive of Ports and Special Economic Zone and Karan Adani will take over as the company’s chairman with effect from Friday, ACC said in a statement.
Khadi and Village Industries Commission has launched 72 units under Prime Minister’s Employment Generation Programme
- Today Khadi and Village Industries Commission on Mumbai Manoj Kumar has inaugurated 72 units under Prime Minister’s Employment Generation Programme to empower artisans.
- The Prime Minister’s Employment Generation Programme was launched in September 2008.
- This scheme generates employment opportunities through the establishment of micro-enterprises in rural as well as urban areas of the Country.
India takes the leadership role in the SCO Conference!!!
- The conference of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization, which includes India, China, Russia, Pakistan, Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan, and the Kyrgyz Republic, was held in Samarkand, Uzbekistan on Friday.
- Also, the member countries hold the presidency of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization in a rotational manner.
- While Uzbekistan held the presidency for 2022, India assumed the presidency for the year 2023, after which India will host the next year’s SCO conference.
- India became a member of the SCO Conference in 2017
Chennai Metro Rail Phase 2 Extension Project
- The first phase of the Chennai metro Rail project was carried out with 54.1km from Wimco Nagar to Chennai Airport and Central to Parangimalai.
- Now the second phase of the metro is being too carried out for the length of 118.9km at the cost of 69,108 Crore.
- According to the 2nd extension project it has decided to extend the 3rd route from Kelambakkam to Mambakkam, Vandalur to Klampakkam bus station, from Sirursery to Klampakkam, the 4th route from Poontamalli to Thirupperumbudur and the 5th route from Tirumangalam to Avadi.
In order To facilitate the development of MSME sector in Tamil Nadu, Tamil Nadu Chief Minister M.K.Stalin released some important schemes in Madurai!!!
- CM launched a platform for online filing and cancellation of the Memorandum of Deposit of Title Deed and Equitable Mortgage (MOD).
- Businessmen and people file MODs while pledging their property for industrial loans and home loans. They have to go to the registrar’s offices to do a MOD or cancel them once the loan is repaid. Henceforth, it can be done online for a fee. 6.50 lakh beneficiaries will benefit annually through this scheme.
- Stalin launched Citco’s online facility through which industrialists running their factories in Citco’s industrial estates can avail of 12 services like bank loans, drinking water supply, and sale deeds.
- He launched the School Innovation Development Program implemented in government and aided schools.
- The Chief Minister released a handbook of government schemes for MSME, the handbook contains details of 97 schemes that can be availed through the handbook.
The stock market, Sensex lost 1,093 points and Nifty 348 points to close at 17,531!!!
- Sensex and Nifty fell more than one and a half percent today.
- Both indices fell amid negative cues from other global stock markets.
- Sensex ended below 59,000 points, Nifty settled below 17,600.
- The Sensex closed down 1,093 points or 1.82 percent at 58,840. The Nifty also fell 348 points or 1.94 percent to end at 17,531.
- National Stock Exchange (NSE)
71% increase in oil cake in 2022!!!
- India’s oil cake exports rose by 71%
- According to the report released by the Indian Check Owners Association, the country’s soil cake exports in August last year stood at 2,82,498 tonnes.
- 71% increase compared to last year (2021)
Science and Technology
Hughes Communications India Private Limited (HCI) and ISRO have launched India’s first commercial high-capacity satellite broadband service!!!
- Hughes Communications India Pvt Ltd (HCI), in partnership with the Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO), has recently launched India’s first High-Throughput Satellite (HTS) broadband internet service.
- It will support the country’s broadband service market by addressing connectivity gaps, bringing broadband services to underserved areas and providing industrial applications.
- Hughes Communications India serves the B2B sector such as cooperative banks (State Bank of India), telecom 4G operators (Reliance Jio) and small and medium enterprises (SMEs).
- Also, this satellite broadband service will strengthen the country’s digital economy by connecting users, companies and government agencies from remote locations.
The geographical protected area has increased to 5.03%!!!
- The protected areas of the geographical area in 2014 was 4.90%, but now it has increased to 5.03%.
- In 2014 the protected area of a country is 740 with an area of 1,61,081.62 sq.kms, while in 2022 is 981 with an area of 1,7,921.
- Forest and tree coverage areas have also increased by 16,000 sq.kms.
CSIR’s Popular Science Magazine ‘Vigyan Pragati’ has awarded ‘Rajbhasha Kirti Award’
- The Council of Scientific & Industrial Research’s Popular Science Magazine ‘Vigyan Pragati’ has received the National Rajbhasha Kirti Award.
- Ranjana Aggarwal, Director, CSIR-National Institute of Science Communication and Policy Research has received the Award for ‘Vigyan Pragati’ Magazine.
- ‘Vigyan Pragati’ is one of India’s best popular science magazines in Hindi.
- Vigyan Pragati magazine aims at igniting curiosity about science among the young.
- This magazine is an authentic source of information about Science and Technology.
Pranav Anand, a young player from India, won the Grandmaster title in the World Youth Chess Championship.!!!
- Bengaluru youngster Pranav Anand became India’s 76th Grandmaster by crossing 2,500 Elo runs at the ongoing World Youth Chess Championship in Mamia, Romania.
- India’s Pranav Anand and A.R.Illambarti won the Under-16 and Under-14 categories at the World Youth Chess Championship.
- The 15-year-old achieved the honor late Thursday
- To become a GM, a player must pass three GM terms and pass a direct assessment of 2,500 Elo points.
- Anand received the third and final GM protocol at the 55th Biel Chess Festival in Switzerland in July.
- Anand earned his third and final GM appointment in Biel by drawing his match against Spain’s fifth GM Eduardo Idrisaga Bonelli (2619) in the final round.
- He drew with France’s GM Maxime Lagarde (2631), GM Sethuraman S P (2623), GM Aryan Chopra (2610) and Armenia’s GM Sant Sargsyan (2661).
Periyar’s 144th birth anniversary
- Erode Venkatappa Ramasamy was also called as Periyar or Thanthai Periyar.
- He was an Indian social activist and politician.
- He started Self-Respect Movement and Dravidar Kazhagam,he was also known as the ‘Father of the Dravidian movement.
- He rebelled against Brahminical dominance, gender and caste inequality in Tamil Nadu.
- His birth anniversary is celebrated as Social Justice Day in Tamilnadu.
- Today Tamilnadu is celebrating his 144th birth anniversary.
Narendra Damodardas Modi birth anniversary
- Narendra Modi a present 14th Prime Minister of India since 2014.
- He is a member of Bharatiya Janata Party and also a member of Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS).
- On his 72nd birthday will be the eight cheetahs that were brought from Namibia and released by Prime Minister Narendra Modi into the Kuno National Park in Madhya Pradesh.
- Today India is celebrating his 72nd birth anniversary.
International Coastal Cleanup Day
- International Coastal Cleanup Day was observed on September 17.
- The day was observed as a way to raise awareness about the growing pollution on various beaches of the world.
- The significance of the day is to raise awareness of the pollution and trash that are present on our coasts.
- The theme for International Coastal Cleanup Day 2022 is “Fighting for Trash Free Seas.”
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|
|Online Classes||Click Here|