Daily Current Affairs – October 11 2018
October 11 – International Day of the Girl Child
- International Day of Girl Child is an international observance day declared by the United Nations; it is also called the Day of Girls and the International Day of Girls.
- 2018 Theme – With Her: A Skilled Girl Force.
New Roll on -Roll off facility
- Inland Waterways Authority of India has started a new Roll on -Roll off facility in collaboration with the Assam government for Majuli Island district.
- Assam Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal flagged off the Ro-Ro Service.
Online Assurances Monitoring System(OAMS) inauguration
- Union Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs and Statistics & Programme Implementation, Shri Vijay Goel, inaugurated the Online Assurances Monitoring System(OAMS), developed by the Union Ministry of Parliamentary Affairs.
Centre for the Fourth Industrial Revolution
- The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi attended and delivered an address at the event to mark the launch of the Centre for the Fourth Industrial Revolution.
Foundation stone for Second Generation (2G) Ethanol Bio-refinery
- The foundation stone for Second Generation (2G) Ethanol Bio-refinery of Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited being set up at Baulasingha village, Bargarh district, Odisha was laid by Governor of Odisha Professor Ganeshi Lal.
Malaysia cabinet decides to abolish death penalty
- Malaysia cabinet decided to abolish the death penalty. Capital punishment in Malaysia is currently mandatory for murder, kidnapping, possession of firearms and drug trafficking, among other crimes.
World Bank, IMF heads urge the US, China to play by trade rules
- The heads of the World Bank and IMF urged the US and China to follow world trade rules and de-escalate a dispute over Beijing’s technology development strategy that threatens to do lasting damage to the global economy.
Compensation to victims of the island’s brutal civil war
- Sri Lankan Parliament has passed legislation to pay compensation to victims of the island’s brutal civil war, which claimed one lakh lives during a decade.
World’s largest fish market reopens
- World’s largest fish market 83-year-old Tsukiji market reopens at new site in Tokyo.
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
Government cuts excise duty on jet fuel to 11 pc from current 14 pc
- The government cut excise duty on jet fuel to 11 per cent from current 14 per cent in a bid to give relief to the aviation industry that has been hit hard by high fuel prices.
SUMMITS & CONFERENCES
32nd world conference of World Union of Wholesale Markets
- Union Minister of State for Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare Purushottam Rupal inaugurated the 32nd world conference of World Union of Wholesale Markets, WUWM at Gurugram, Haryana.
- This is for the first time a WUWM conference is being organised in India.
- Theme – ‘The Wholesale Markets in the Digital Era: Challenges and Opportunities.’
Workshop on best practices in International Arbitration
- NITI Aayog and ICC International Court of Arbitration organised the inaugural Training-cum-Brainstorming Workshop on Best Practices in International Arbitration in New Delhi.
National Crisis Management Committee Meeting
- Cabinet Secretary P K Sinha chaired a meeting of the National Crisis Management Committee in New Delhi to take stock of preparatory measures in the wake of impending landfall of the cyclonic storm – TITLI along the coast between Odisha and north Andhra Pradesh.
Accountants General Conference
- The President of India, Shri Ram Nath Kovind, inaugurated the 29th Accountants General Conference in New Delhi.
- Sachin Chaturvedi, Revathy Iyer – Central board members of the Reserve Bank of India.
- Asim Munir – New Pakistan ISI chief
NITI Aayog’s AIM & IBM India’s Internship Programme
- NITI Aayog and IBM announced a first-of-its-kind internship programme for students selected by Atal Innovation Mission (AIM).
MOU, AGREEMENTS & CABINET APPROVALS
MoU between India and Lebanon
- Cabinet approves MoU between India and Lebanon for cooperation in the field of agriculture and allied sectors.
MoU between India and Romania
- Cabinet approves Memorandum of Understanding between India and Romania in the field of tourism.
MoU between India and Finland
- Cabinet approves Memorandum of Cooperation between India and Finland on Environmental Cooperation.
INS Rana at South Korea to Participate in IFR
- INS Rana which is currently on Operational Deployment to the North West Pacific region in the pursuance of India’s Act East Policy, arrived Jeju, Repubic of Korea to participate in the International Fleet Review (IFR).
32nd India – Indonesia coordinated patrol (CORPAT)
- Indian Naval Ship Kulish, a Kora class missile corvette entered Belawan harbour, Indonesia for the opening ceremony of the 32nd edition of India – Indonesia coordinated patrol (IND-INDO CORPAT).
APP & WEBPORTAL
Aeroindia 2019 Website
- India is hosting the 12th edition of “Aero India 2019” at Air Force Station, Yelahanka, Bengaluru, (Karnataka) from 20 to 24 February, 2019. A newly designed website has been launched for Aero India 2019 (https://aeroindia.gov.in) for registration of exhibitors and visitors.
Youth Olympic Games
- Saurabh Chaudhary bags Gold in 10-metre air pistol event.
Asian Para Games
- Sundar Singh Gurjar won a silver medal in the javelin throw men’s F46 category.
Indian football team reaches China for international friendly match
- The Indian football team has reached Suzhou in China for the international friendly match against 76th ranked host nation.
To Know 2018 Daily Current Affairs
To Download Pocket Current Affairs
To Download 2018 September Month Current Affairs Quiz PDF
For WhatsAPP Group – Click Here