Current Affairs – June 5, 2018
To Know 2018 Daily Current Affairs Click Here
June 5 – World Environment Day 2018
Theme – ‘Beat plastic pollution’
- World Environment Day (WED) 2018 is being celebrated with India being the global host nation for the 43rd edition of the event.
- The Purushothapatnam Lift Irrigation Project (PLIP) to cater to the irrigation and drinking water needs of East Godavari, Visakhapatnam and part of North Andhra region.
Integrated Traffic Management System (ITMS)
- Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath inaugurated the state’s first-of-its-kind Integrated Traffic Management System (ITMS) and said the hi-tech will help police in regulating traffic and punishing habitual traffic offenders and will certainly reduce the road accident cases and traffic congestion.
Tamil Nadu exempts textile job working/service units from e-way bill
- The Tamil Nadu government has exempted job working and service units related to yarn, fabrics and garments from generation of e-way bill.
- No e-way bill is required for the transport of consignment with value of goods not exceeding Rs 1 lakh.
Tamil Nadu to ban disposable plastic from next year
- The State government on Tuesday announced a ban on manufacture, sales, storage and usage of disposable plastic across State with effective from January 1, 2019.
Green, Biodegradable, hygienic and cheaper sanitary pads
- The Union government launched biodegradable sanitary napkins to mark World Environment Day on 05.06.2018.
Chandrabhaga to be Asia’s first ‘Blue Flag’ beach
- The scenic Chandrabhaga on the Konark coast is all set to become the first ‘Blue Flag’ beach of Asia for maintaining cleanliness and environment standards.
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
HUL to integrate foods and refreshment units
- Hindustan Unilever Limited (HUL) will integrate its foods and refreshment categories in India with effect from July 1 in alignment with the structure of Unilever globally.
Ather unveils e-scooters commercially
- Electric two-wheeler start-up Ather Energy commercially unveiled smart electric scooter Ather 450 and Ather 340.
USFDA approves Mylan, Biocon’s biosimilar Fulphila
- S. Food and Drug Administration has approved Mylan’s Fulphila, a biosimilar to Neulasta, co-developed with Biocon to treat low count of neutrophils in patients undergoing chemotherapy in certain types of cancer.
RBI launches Financial Literacy Week
- The Reserve Bank of India launched Financial Literacy Week across the country with customer protection as its main theme.
SUMMITS & CONFERENCES
Third National Health Editors’ Conference on Yoga
- Ministry of AYUSH developing a Yoga protocol for 40 Plus women in consultation with Indian Menopause Society held in New Delhi.
- Rishikesh and Haridwar are known as the ‘Capital of Yoga’.
Geo-Intelligence Asia – 2018
- The Eleventh edition of GeoIntelligence Asia 2018 organised by GeoSpatial Media and Communication at New Delhi.
Theme of Seminar was ‘GeoSpatial : A Force Multiplier for Defence and Industrial Security’.
2nd BSF Mt. Everest Expedition
- Padma Shri Love Raj Singh Dharmshaktu creates history by conquering the peak for the seventh time.
- “The KUSUM (Kisan Urja Suraksha Evam Utthaan Mahaabhiyan) will be implemented in July to promote the use of solar power among farmers.
- Under this scheme farmers would be provided with solar water pumps.
IRCTC introduces bagasse based food packaging
- Ministry of Railways PSU IRCTC launched its trial run of environment friendly bagasse based food packaging on 8 select Shatabdis and Rajdhanis originating from New Delhi.
- Dhiraj Ram Krishna – National Gopal Ratna award
[For ‘upkeep of the best dairy animals of indigenous breeds’]
- K.Jain – Deputy Governor of RBI
- Cornelis Vrieswijk – New chief executive officer of GoAir
- Pippa Harris – New chair of British Academy of Film and Television Arts (BAFTA)
- Tommy Thomas – New attorney general of Malaysia [The first minority to hold the post in 55 years]
- Omar al-Razzaz – Prime Minister of Jordan
Football Intercontinental Cup
- India defeated Kenya 3-0 to seal a place in the final of the four-nation Intercontinental Cup.
Shubhankar qualifies for US Open
- Shubhankar Sharma grabbed a spot in US Open golf championships.
To Download Pocket Current Affairs Click Here