Daily Current Affairs – July 5, 2018
To Know 2018 Daily Current Affairs Click Here
Construction City to be established in Donakonda
- The Andhra Pradesh government has decided to establish a ‘Construction City’ at Donakonda in Prakasam district.
Cyber Safety and Digital awareness programme for senior citizens
- Shri Hansraj Gangaram Ahir attends the Cyber Safety and Digital awareness programme for senior citizens.
- First Cyber Forensic van of Delhi Police launched.
- “Pandharichi Wari” is Maharashtra’s 700 years old tradition in which devotees of Lord Vitthala called Varkari trace the route to Pandharpur. For this holy function, devotees from all over state gather in Dehu and Alandi.
Kerala to get official song, government sets up panel
- The Kerala government set up a panel comprising eminent writers and language experts to choose an official song ‘Kerala Ganam’ for the state.
Uttarakhand HC declares animals to be ‘legal persons’
- The entire animal kingdom, including avian and aquatic ones, are declared as legal entities having a distinct persona with corresponding rights, duties and liabilities of a living person.
World’s first digital art museum in Tokyo
- The world’s first digital art museum opened in Tokyo, Japan. The installation is located in the Digital Art Museum: teamLab Borderless in Tokyo’s Mori Building and is a collaboration between Japanese art collective teamLab and Tokyo-based urban developer Mori Building.
Flight testing of Crew Escape System – Technology Demonstrator
- ISRO carried out a major technology demonstration, the first in a series of tests to qualify a Crew Escape System, which is a critical technology relevant for human spaceflight.
- The Crew Escape System is an emergency escape measure designed to quickly pull the crew module along with the astronauts to a safe distance from the launch vehicle in the event of a launch abort.
ICAT releases First BS-VI engine certificate
- The International Centre for Automotive Technology (ICAT) has completed the first BS-VI certification for a heavy duty engine model for M/s Volvo Eicher Commercial Vehicle Limited. The engine has been developed and manufactured indigenously by Volvo Eicher in India.
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
Nasscom unveils centre for data, AI
- The National Association of Software and Services Companies (Nasscom), India’s premier software lobby, opened a Center of Excellence (CoE) for Data Science and Artificial Intelligence in Bengaluru.
USG Boral to set up unit in A.P.’s Sri City
- USG Boral, a leader in building products technology, is setting up a plasterboard manufacturing unit at Sri City in Andhra Pradesh by investing $39 million.
SUMMITS & CONFERENCES
“Arth – art for earth”
- Union Minister of State for Culture (I/c), Dr. Mahesh Shrama, inaugurated exhibition titled “Arth – art for earth” at IGNCA, New Delhi. ‘ARTH – ART FOR EARTH’ by Manav Gupta consists of “Excavations in Hymns of Clay”
- Shri Girish Pillai – New Member Traffic, Railway Board
- Justice LN Reddy – University of Hyderabad Chancellor
EC launches Braille-enabled Voter IDs
- The Election Commission launched voter identity cards with Braille label to ensure greater participation of persons with visual impairment in the electoral process.
- Angela Ponce – First-ever transgender woman crowned Miss Universe Spain
To Download Pocket Current Affairs Click Here