Daily Current Affairs – July 27 2018
To Know 2018 Daily Current Affairs Click Here
Atal Tinkering Lab now in remote model school
- Under the NITI Aayog’s Atal Innovation Mission (AIM), the tinkering labs are dedicated workspaces in schools aimed at nurturing innovation skills and creative ideas in children studying from classes VI to XII.
Telangana contingent to take part in I-Day parade
- Chief Minister N.Chandrababu Naidu will hoist the national flag and witness the independence day parade, which will include the neighbouring State’s troops for the first time since bifurcation.
Jammu & Kashmir
- Udhampur, in Jammu & Kashmir, will soon get a Super-specialty Army Hospital with the most modern hi-tech healthcare facility.
Transgenders too can get driving licence
- Continuing with its transgender-friendly initiatives in the State, the Motor Vehicles Department has decided to make available all services offered to citizens to transgenders as well.
Imran Khan wins in Pakistan election but needs coalition to become PM
- Pakistan’s Election Commission declared former cricket star Imran Khan’s party the winner of Pakistan’s historic third consecutive election of a civilian government, but he didn’t win an outright majority and must form a coalition.
World’s oldest person dies at 117
- The world’s oldest person Chiyo Miyako, a 117-year-old Japanese woman, has died.
Modi meets South African President Cyril Ramaphosa
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi met South African President Cyril Ramaphosa and to expand the bilateral ties in a number of sectors, including trade and investment, information technology and defence.
IISc researchers observe superconductivity at ambient temperature, pressure
- Indian Institute of Science (IISc) Bengaluru researchers have been able to achieve superconductivity at ambient temperature and pressure for the first time.
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
Hyundai to increase production capacity
- Hyundai Motor India Ltd., the country’s second largest car manufacturer, announced that it would increase production capacity by 37,000 units during 2019.
SUMMITS & CONFERENCES
National Conference of Vice Chancellors of Universities and Directors of Higher Education Institutions
- A three day National Conference of Vice Chancellors of Universities and Directors of Higher Education Institutions being held in New Delhi.
- For the first time, Vice Chancellors and Directors of both public and private Central/State Universities and Institutions are taking part in the Conference.
- “Mission Satyanishtha” launched on 27th July 2018 aims at sensitizing all railway employees about the need to adhere to good ethics and to maintain high standards of integrity at work.
MOU, AGREEMENTS & CABINET APPROVALS
Invest India and UAE Ministry sign MoU for technological cooperation
- Invest India and the UAE Minister for Artificial Intelligence (AI) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for India – UAE Artificial Intelligence Bridge in New Delhi.
Lok Sabha passes Anti-Trafficking Bill
- The Lok Sabha passed the Trafficking of Persons (Prevention, Protection and Rehabilitation) Bill, 2018. The Bill lays down a stringent punishment of 10 years to life imprisonment for aggravated forms of trafficking.
The highest environmental honour instituted by the United Nations
- The Cochin International Airport Limited (CIAL) – Champion of Earth Prize-2018
FIA European F3 race
- Jehan Daruvala won in race one of the FIA European F3 race at the famous F1 circuit of Spa -Francorchamps in Belgium.
To Download Pocket Current Affairs Click Here