Daily Current Affairs – July 24 2018
To Know 2018 Daily Current Affairs Click Here
Cashew sector gets a boost
- By giving public sector cashew factories a modern makeover, the government aims to accelerate production and ensure maximum working days for the labourers.
Karnataka sees 300% jump in FDI inflows
- Karnataka registered the biggest increase in Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) last year, as inflows from overseas jumped 300% in the 12 months ended March 2018.
Taiwanese company to invest Rs.3,000 crore in State
- Taiwan-based company Wistron Technologies has come forward to invest Rs.3,000 crore in Narasapura industrial area of Kolar.
Punjab seeks special category status
- As Punjab struggles to check the menace of drugs, the State government has asked the Centre to grant it special category status under the Pradhan Mantri Rashtriya Swasthya Suraksha Mission.
Stanley reservoir reaches capacity
- The Stanley Reservoir in Mettur achieved its full reservoir level (FRL) of 120 ft, marking the 39th time the water level at the dam has reached full capacity in its 85-year history. The last time this happened was in August 2013.
UN urges Myanmar to create conditions for Rohingya return
- The UN Security Council has urged Myanmar’s government to step-up efforts to create conditions that will allow Rohingya Muslims who fled a violent crackdown to safely return to the country from neighbouring Bangladesh.
World’s fastest man-made spinning object developed
- Scientists have developed the fastest man-made rotor in the world, which they believe will help them study quantum mechanics. At more than 60 billion revolutions per minute, this machine is more than 100,000 times faster than a high-speed dental drill.
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
India extends $200 million credit lines to Rwanda
- India extended $200 million lines of credit to Rwanda to boost the bilateral strategic ties by strengthening cooperation in trade and agriculture sectors.
- Rwanda President – Paul Kagame
Railways’ global tender for supply of long rails to open
- The Indian Railways’ global tender worth Rs.2,500 crore for the supply of long rails will open to meet the shortfall of supply from the Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL).
- This is the first time in three decades that rail procurement has been opened for the private sector.
Nutrient Based Subsidy and City Compost Scheme
- Government to continue Nutrient Based Subsidy and City Compost Scheme till 2019-20.
Swachh Survekshan Grameen
- The Swachh Survekshan Grameen 2018 (SSG 2018) announced by the Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation on July 13th, 2018, was launched in UP, Jharkhand and Maharashtra
MOU, AGREEMENTS & CABINET APPROVALS
Lok Sabha passes anti-graft amendment Bill
- The Lok Sabha passed the Prevention of Corruption (Amendment) Bill, 2018 that seeks to punish bribe-givers and bribe-takers.
- The Bill provides for jail terms of three to seven years, besides fine, to those convicted of taking or giving bribes to public officials.
MoU between IOCL & ALMICO
- UPSO-II (IOCL) dedicates Rs. 1 crore for the benefit of Divyangjans by under CSR scheme. The objective of the UPSO-II’s CSR project is to Empower the Disabled.
Exercise Pitch Black – 18
- Indian Air Force Participates for the First Time in Exercise Pitch Black – 18 with Royal Australian Air Force
11th International Documentary and Short Film Festival of Kerala (IDSFFK)
- ‘Up, Down and Sideways’ – Best Long Documentary award
APP & WEBPORTAL
- Maruti Suzuki unveiled Suzuki Connect, a solution aimed at giving customers access to services such as emergency alerts, vehicle tracking and car assistance.
India-Pakistan Cricket match on September 19
- Defending champion India will clash with Pakistan in the Asia Cup on September 19, a day after opening its campaign against a qualifier in Dubai, the ICC announced.
To Download Pocket Current Affairs Click Here