Daily Current Affairs – July 12 2018
To Know 2018 Daily Current Affairs Click Here
July 12 – International Malala Day
- Every 12 July is a UN observance called “Malala Day.” The day is based upon the life and struggles of Malala Yousafzai of Pakistan, who advocates for equal access to education for women.
Inauguration of Dharohar Bhawan
- The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi, inaugurated Dharohar Bhawan – the new Headquarters building of the Archaeological Survey of India (ASI), – at Tilak Marg in New Delhi.
Bihar govt approves amendments in stringent provisions of Prohibition & Excise Act 2016
- A Cabinet meeting chaired by Chief Minister Nitish Kumar approved scrapping of harsh provisions to confiscate property including house, land and vehicle in case of recovery of liquor.
Indian Institute of Infrastructure and Construction (IIIC)
- Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan will dedicate the Indian Institute of Infrastructure and Construction (IIIC) at Chavara to the nation on July 23
Law books in Braille for administrators
- For the first time, all law books required by visually impaired administrative officials in Odisha are being printed in Braille format.
Brave Kids International Festival
- Indian students represented our country at “The International Movement of Children & Their Friends” at the Brave Kids International Festival held in Ukraine and Poland under the patronage of UNESCO.
Canada will assume command of new NATO training & capacity building mission in Iraq
- Canadian troops will be deployed in the Baghdad region to help Iraq build a more effective national security structure and improve training for Iraqi security forces.
RANKINGS & INDEXES
India becomes sixth-biggest economy in World Bank Ranking 2017
- 1) US 2) China 3) Japan 4) Germany 5) UK 6) India
SUMMITS & CONFERENCES
1st Meeting of MGNREGA & Sub-group of Chief Ministers
- The First Meeting of Sub-Group of Chief Ministers on coordination between MGNREGA and Agriculture was held at NITI Aayog.
164th Central Public Works Department Day
- The Tourism Minister addresses the 164th Central Public Works Department Day (CPWD) celebrations held in Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi.
- T.C.A. Raghavan – Director General, ex officio Member-Secretary of the Council, Indian Council of World Affairs (ICWA).
MoHUA launches technology challenge to eliminate human entry into septic tanks
- The Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs has launched a technology challenge on identifying solutions and promoting suitable techniques for cleaning of sewerage systems. The objective is eliminating human entry into septic tanks and manholes.
‘One farmer one transformer’ scheme
- To reduce electricity losses, the Maharashtra government will launch a new scheme allocating “one transformer per farmer”.
- Two lakh farmers will be given electricity connection for high voltage distribution line which will ensure uninterrupted power supply.
MOU, AGREEMENTS & CABINET APPROVALS
MoU between Indian Army and State Bank of India
- A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed between the Indian Army and SBI on the Defence Salary Package on 12 July 2018.
Home Minister Rajnath Singh to sign MoU on “revised travel arrangements”
- India will sign a pact with Bangladesh to ease visa restrictions for citizens from the neighbouring country.
India, Indonesia discuss Indo-Pacific cooperation
- Indonesia has recently agreed to give India access to its port for operational turnaround which will increase the Navy’s footprint in the region.
- In a first, Indian ship INS Sumitra berthed at Sabang Port close to the Malacca Strait for operational turnaround.
Beautification competition in Rail Bhawan
- Balharshah & Chandrapur (Central Railway)
- Madhubani (East Central Railway) & Madurai (Southern Railway)
- Gandhidham (Western Railway), Kota (West Central Railway) & Secunderabad (South Central Railway)
FIFA World Cup
- France to take on Croatia in Final of FIFA World Cup in Moscow on July 15.
- 1st semi-final – France defeated Belgium, 1-0
- 2nd semi-final – Croatia beat England, 2-1
India’s first ever track gold at the IAAF World Championships
- The 18-year-old Hima Das from Assam won the women’s 400m gold in 51.46s at the World under-20 athletics championships at Tampere, Finland.
To Download Pocket Current Affairs Click Here