Cauvery: T.N. stands by board defined in tribunal final order
- Government sources told that the State’s position on this issue had been submitted to the Union Ministry of Water Resources in writing against the backdrop of reports that the Centre was considering forming a Supervisory Board and a scheme to resolve the Cauvery issue.
Tamil Nadu yet to decide on FMs’ meet
- The Tamil Nadu government is yet to decide on participating in the meeting of Finance Ministers of southern States called by the Kerala government on April 10 to discuss possible adverse implications of the terms of reference governing the 15th Finance Commission (FC).
Paleswaram hospice gets back custody of 278 destitutes
- The Madras High Court on March-28 directed the Kancheepuram police to forthwith hand over the custody of 278 aged destitutes to St. Joseph’s Hospice at Paleswaram after it was reported that 12 out of 290 inmates shifted out from the hospice last month had died in government-recognised institutions.
eBird sharing sensitive data: VS
- Veteran CPI(M) leader and chairman of Administrative Reforms Committee V.S. Achuthanandan has urged the government to bring in regulations on eBird, a mobile application linked to an electronic database on bird sightings.
Utility approaches govt for exemption
- The Kerala State Road Transport Corporation (KSRTC) has approached the government seeking exemption for the luxury buses of the utility to ferry commuters in addition to the sanctioned seating capacity.
KU sets ₹293-crore budget for 2018-19
- At its 33rd meeting here on March-28 the Kakatiya University Academic Senate has approved a budget of ₹293.41 crore for 2018-19.
Warangal police launch ‘e-petty case’ app
- The city police have launched a new technology application called e-petty case where policemen on patrolling are armed with a tablet personal to register cases with evidence.
Andhra Pradesh :
Naidu to visit Delhi to mobilise support
- The YSRC, in a statement, said it would not be party to “yet another conspiracy” of the Chief Minister. Terming the meeting a “political ploy” of the TDP, Jana Sena founder-president Pawan Kalyan said the Chief Minister lacked “strong will and commitment” to bring out a positive result.
Embedded with gold, e-waste is no scrap
- One metric tonne of e-scrap has more gold than 17 tonnes of gold ore. And 6000 mobile phones yield 130 grams of copper, 3.5 kg of silver, 340 grams of gold and 140 grams of palladium. when properly recycled or harvested. Given the huge untapped potential for recycling in India, the number of jobs they can create is astounding too.
CBSE to reconduct Class 12 Economics, Class 10 Maths examinations
Cambridge Analytica whistle-blower tweets on ‘activities in India since 2003’
- The documentation on SCL and SCL India – part of the SCL Group, of which Cambridge Analytica is part – was put on Twitter by Mr. Wylie on March-28, in the wake of huge interest from India following his testimony to the House of Commons Culture, Media and Sport Committee
Government sends notice to Facebook
- The government has raised five questions, including whether the personal data of Indian voters and users have been compromised, and specific steps proposed to be taken to prevent any misuse of personal data for potential interference in, or manipulation of, the Indian electoral process.
Sri Lanka shifts May Day to May 7
- The Sri Lankan government has decided to postpone International Workers’ Day events from May 1 to May 7 this year, to avoid an overlap with the Buddhist festival of Vesak.
‘Russia will retaliate at the appropriate time’
- The Russian Foreign Ministry on March-28 asked London to prove that British spies did not poison Mr. Skripal, saying that in the absence of such proof it would regard the incident as an attempt on the lives of Russian citizens
Suu Kyi loyalist Win Myint elected as new Myanmar President
- Myanmar’s parliament on March-28 elected Win Myint, a loyalist of Aung San Suu Kyi, as the new President, while the latter retained her executive authority over the government.
Indian team in China holds talks on trans-border rivers
SEBI beefs up corporate governance norms for listed companies
- The Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) has tightened the corporate governance norms for listed companies by accepting most of the recommendations of the Kotak Committee while also strengthening the regulations for derivatives and algorithmic trading
Microsoft to make artificial intelligence ‘available to all’
- Artificial intelligence (AI) is no longer going to remain the secret sauce of giant tech companies. Microsoft said that it was betting big on ‘democratising’ artificial intelligence and making it ‘available to all’ to help improve lives and transform businesses.
UltraTech gets CCI nod for Binani deal
Miami Open: Raonic, del Potro advance
- Juan Martin del Potro sent his devoted fans home happy on March-28 by powering into the ATP Miami Open quarterfinals with a 6-4, 6-2 triumph over Serbian Filip Krajinovic.
Santosh Trophy: Karnataka enters semifinals
- Karnataka banked on forward S. Rajesh’s 74th-minute goal to beat Mizoram 1-0 and enter the Santosh Trophy semifinals here on March-28.
Vishnuvardhan, Malleswari launch support campaign
- Sydney Olympics bronze medallist Karnam Malleswari and the Asian Games silver medallist J. Vishnuvardhan formally launched the ‘Rang De Thiranga’initiative of the Sony Pictures Networks in association with the Telangana Sports Journalists Association here on Wednesday to garner support and cheer up the Indian contingent taking part in the next month’s Commonwealth Games in Gold Coast (Australia).