Yoshihide Suga officially elected as Japan’s new Prime Minister. Yoshihide Suga was formally elected today as Japan’s new Prime Minister in a Parliamentary vote. He succeeded Shinzo Abe, who announced last month that he would resign due to health problems.
The 71-year-old is replacing Shinzo Abe, who resigned because of ill health. Suga had been chosen as the new head of the governing Liberal Democratic Party on Monday, virtually assuring his succession.
Suga won the Diet vote with 314 out of 465 votes in the lower house and 142 out of 240 votes in the upper chamber.
He was a secretary to former trade minister Hikosaburo Okonogi for 11 years before becoming a Yokohama city assemblyman in 1987.
- Prime minister: Yoshihide Suga
- Capital: Tokyo
- Currency: Japanese yen
1) Japanese Parliament Known with a name of – Diet
2) India signed key agreement for reciprocal supplies in defence sector with which country? – Japan
3) Which nation has broken ranks with China to form a new India-Pacific strategy? – Germany
4) Which nation’s Prime Minister has resigned due to worsening health condition? – Japan
5) Which PM of Japan wins the Nobel Prize in 1974? – Eisaku Sato
6) Which are the three countries to launch “Supply Chain Resilience Initiative” to counter China? – India, Japan and Australia
|Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|