World’s longest highway tunnel ‘Atal Tunnel’ to be opened by Prime Minister Narendra Modi. Prime Minister of India Shri. Narendra Modi will open World’s longest highway tunnel ‘Atal Tunnel’ on 3 October 2020. This Tunnel is named after former prime minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
- This is 9.2 km long tunnel which is the longest highway tunnel in the world. This tunnel is connects Manali to Lahaul-Spiti valley throughout the year.
- The tunnel is built with ultra-modern specifications in the Pir Panjal range of Himalayas at an altitude of 3000 mtrs (10,000 Feet) from the Mean Sea Level (MSL).
- It reduces the road distance by 46 Kms between Manali and Leh and the time by about 4 to 5 hours.
- This Tunnel has been designed for traffic density of 3,000 cars per day and 1,500 trucks per day with max speed of 80 km/hr.
- The tunnel is built with ultra-modern specifications in the Pir Panjal range of Himalayas at an altitude of three thousand metres from the Mean Sea Level
1) Which organization constructed the Atal Tunnel? – Border Roads Organization
2) Recently, PM Modi inaugurated Kosi Rail Bridge in which state? – Bihar
3) Which Portal launched by PM Modi to empower MSME? – CHAMPIONS
4) PM Modi inaugurated Asia’s largest Solar Power Project in which state? – Madhya Pradesh
5) Who inaugurated the Chamba tunnel in Uttarakhand under Chardham Pariyojana through video conference mode on 26 May 2020? – Nitin Gadkari
6) India has built first ever electrified tunnel capable of running Double Stack Container Trains in which state? – Haryana
|Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|