World Post Day is celebrated on October 9, 2020. Every year World Post Day is celebrated on October 09 to mark the anniversary of the establishment of the Universal Postal Union (UPU) which was started in 1874 in Switzerland.
- The objective of this is to increase awareness about the Post’s role in the everyday lives of people and businesses and its contribution to global social and economic development.
- The day was declared by the 1969 UPU Congress in Tokyo, Japan. The day was proposed by Shri Anand Mohan Narula, a member of the Indian delegation. Since then, World Post Day has been observed every year on October 9.
About Universal Postal Union:
- Headquarters: Bern, Switzerland
- Head: Bishar Abdirahman Hussein
- Founder: Heinrich von Stephan
- Founded: 9 October 1874
- World Post Day is declared in – 1969
- National Postal Week is celebrated on – October 9 -15
- Who is the Founder of the Universal Postal Union? – Heinrich von Stephan
- Universal Postal Union established in – 1874
- Headquarters of Universal Postal Union located at – Bern, Switzerland
- Who Proposed World Post Day in 1969? – Shri Anand Mohan Narula
|Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|