World Cotton Day is observed on October 06. Every year world cotton day is celebrated on October 06. The day was proclaimed by World Trade Organization (WTO) which is an intergovernmental organization that is concerned with the regulation of international trade between nations.
- WTO host first World Cotton Day on Geneva in 2019
- The main aim of this day is to give exposure to farmers, processors, researchers and businesses and their contributions to the cotton value chain.
- Between 2011 and 2018, India implemented a Cotton Technical Assistance Programme (Cotton TAP-I) of about 2.85 million US dollars for seven African countries which are Benin, Burkina Faso, Mali and Chad and also Uganda, Malawi and Nigeria.
- Cotton is a global commodity that is produced all over the world and a single tonne of cotton provides year-round employment for five people on average.
- Headquarters: Geneva, Switzerland
- Founded: 1 January 1995
- Leader: Roberto Azevedo
1) Which organization established the World Cotton Day? – WTO
2) The First World Cotton Day celebrated on – 2019
3) World Trade Organization founded on which year? – 1995
4) At present how many members are in the WTO? – 164
5) Where is the headquarters of the WTO? – Geneva
6) Who is the current Director-General of WTO? – Roberto Azevedo
7) TRIPS (Trade-Related Aspects of Intellectual Property Rights) agreement is administered by: – World Trade Organization (WTO)
|Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|