Will PAN-Aadhaar Link Deadline Be Extended?? Today Is The Last Date: The central government has made an announcement to link the Aadhaar card with Permanent Account Number (PAN) card and the deadline to link these details is Today (30.06.2023) previously the deadline was March 31, 2023 and it was extended. People who have not linked Pan-Aadhaar are instructed to link to avoid the implication.
Mostly the taxpayers will be affected by the implications like missing returns, missing proceedings for defective returns, and higher tax rates. People who are failed to link the details can be able to attach them by paying penalty fees of Rs. 1000. It is anticipated that the government will again extend the deadline to link the PAN-Aadhaar, as the ITR filling last date is July 31.
According to the report, if the deadline is not extended, then from July 1, 2023, the PAN for not linked people will be inactive. The extension of the deadline is purely a government decision. The Managing Director of SAG Infotech Mr. Amit Gupta states that government should consider an extension of the last date for linking the PAN-Aadhaar to cope with the ITR filling time.
How To Link PAN-Aadhaar:
- Open the official Income tax e-portal website.
- Select the “Link Aadhaar” option in the Quick Link menu
- Enter the PAN and Aadhaar details and enter the required other details.
- After filling in the details, submit it
- If the filled details are matched with the Aadhaar database, your PAN will be linked to the Aadhaar.