UPPSC Staff Nurse Syllabus 2023 in Hindi: Staff Nurse (Male/Female) Examination 2023 will be conducted by Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission. Date, time and venue etc. of examination along with Roll No. will be communicated to the candidates through e Admit Cards. Candidates are advised to download their Syllabus and Exam Pattern from our website.
UPPSC Staff Nurse Syllabus 2023 PDF Download
|Name of the Board||Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission|
|Post Name||Staff Nurse (Male/Female) Examination 2023|
|Exam Date||Announced Soon|
|Selection Process||Written Exam|
UPPSC Staff Nurse Exam Pattern 2023:
Plan of Preliminary Examination:
|General Knowledge||30 Questions (Objective Type)|
|General Hindi||20 Questions (Objective Type)|
|Main Subject Nursing||120 Questions (Objective Type)|
|Total Questions||170 Questions|
- Examination Period (Time) – 02 Hours (120 Minutes)
- Total Marks – 85 Marks
UPPSC Staff Nurse Syllabus for Preliminary Exam:
(1) History of India and Indian National movement:- In History of India, emphasis should be on broad understanding of social, economic and political aspects of Indian history. In the Indian National movement, the candidates are expected to have synoptic view of the freedom movement, growth of nationalism and attainment of Independence.
(2) Indian and World Geography- Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the World:- Questions on the Geography of India will relate to Physical, Social & Economic Geography of India. In World Geography only general understanding of the subject will be expected.
(3) Indian Polity and Governance, Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj & Public Policy, Rights – issues etc:- In Indian polity and Governance questions will test knowledge of country’s constitution, political system including Panchayati Raj and Community Development.
(4) Indian Economy and Social Development:- The candidates will be tested with respect to problems and relationship between population, Environment, Urbanisations; broad features of economic policy in India and Indian Culture.
(5) Current Events of National and International Importance:-This will also include questions on Games & Sports.
(6) Indian Agriculture:- The candidates will be expected to have general understanding of agriculture in India, agricultural produce and its marketing.
(7) General Science:- Questions on General Science will cover general appreciation and understanding of science including matters of everyday observation and experience, as may be expected of a well educated person, who has not made a special study of any scientific discipline. This will also include questions on role of science and technology in the development of India.
8) Elementary Mathematics up to class 10th level:- Arithmetic, Algebra and Geometry.
- वाक्य एवं वर्तनी शुद्धि
- अनेक शब्दों के एक शब्द
- तत्सम एवं तद्भव शब्द
- विशेष्य और विशेषण
- पर्यायवाची शब्द
- Anatomy & Physiology: Skeletal System, Muscular System, Cardio-Vascular System, Respiratory System, Digestive System, Excretory System, Nervous System, Endocrine System, Reproductive System and Sense Organs.
- Fundamentals of Nursing: Nursing as a profession, Maintenance of therapeutic Environment, Nursing Process and Nursing Care Plan, Admission and Discharging of a Patient. The Dying Patient, Hygienic needs and Physical needs, Activity and Exercises, Safety needs, Elimination needs, Care and special condition, Meeting nutritional needs, Observation of Patient, Care of Equipments, Barrier Nursing, administration of drugs, Recording and Reporting.
- First Aid: Meaning and Rules of First Aid Emergency situation such as Fire; Earthquakes: Famines; Fractures; Accident; Poisoning; Drowning; Haemorrhage; Insects bites; Foreign bodies Transportation of the injured. Bandaging and splinting, Immediate and later role of nurse.
- Medical Surgical Nursing: Role and Responsibilities of Nurse in Medical and Surgical Setting. Care of Surgical patient, Anesthesia. Diseases of Cardiovascular System, Gastro Intestinal System, Genito Urinary System and Nervous System. Disorder and Diseases of the Respiratory System, Musculo-Skeletal System. Blood Disorder and Blood Transfusion. Endocrine System, Metabolic disorders, deficiency diseases: Hyper and Hypo Secretions, Cysts/Tumours, Diabetes Mellitus, Obesity Gout. The diseases of skin, Ear, Nose and Throat. Diseases and Disorder of Eye, Intensive care Nursing. Common deficiency diseases, Prevalence in India, Early symptoms, prevention and treatment. Communicable Diseases: Virus, Bacteria, Zoonoses and Mosquito.
- Psychiatric Nursing: Introduction, Community Responsibility, Diagnosis, Management and Role of the Nurse.
- Community Health Nursing: Concept, Definition of Community Health, difference between:- Institutional and community health nursing, qualities and function of community health nursing, Aspects of Community Health Nursing, Demography and Family Welfare. Health Team: Composition at Community Health Centre (CHC), Primary Health Centre (PHC); Sub-Centre. Role of Nursing Personnel at Various levels: Male & Female Health Worker, Health Supervisor, Public Health Nurse, Public Health Supervisor, Vital Health Statistics. Health education and Communication skills.
- Midwifery and Gynecological Nursing: Introduction and Definition, Normal Pregnancy, Pre-natal care, Care and advice regarding diet in pregnancy, ante-natal exercises, Minor disorders of pregnancy and alleviations of discomfort, Diseases associated with pregnancy Normal Delivery Preparation: Normal labour – First stage, Second stage and Third stage of labour, Nursing Management of Baby and birth, Nursing Management of mother during puerperium, Complication of pregnancy and its management, High risk pregnancy and its management, Labour Complications, Complications of puerperium and its management, Obstetrics operations, Drugs used in Obstetrics, Ethical and legal aspects related to midwifery and Gynaecological Nursing, Fertility and Infertility Diseases and disorders of female reproductive system including breasts.
- Paediatric Nursing: Concept in Child health care and role of Paediatric nurse in child care, The healthy child, The Infant, Disorder of Infant, Recognition and Management of congenital anomalies, Breast Feeding, Introduction of Solids, Pre and post Operative care and Preparation of parents for surgery of the infant child. Diseases of Children: Etiology, Signs and Symptoms, medical and surgical management, nursing care, Complication, diet, and drug therapy, prevention and treatment with diseases – Gastro-intestinal system, Respiratory System, Gento-urinary System, Cardio Vascular system, Nervous System, Eye and ear, Nutritional Disorder, Communicable diseases, Hemotological disorder, Endocrine disorder Child health Emergencies, Psychological disorder problems and the handicapped Child.
- Professional Trends and Adjustment: Definition and criteria of Nursing profession, Qualities of a professional nurse, Personal Professional Growth and Continuing Education Career in Nursing, Professional related organisations: International Council of Nurse (ICN), Indian Nursing Council (INC), State Nursing Council, World Health Organisation, UNICEF. Trained Nurse Association of India (TNAI), Red Cross Legislation in Nursing.
- Microbiology: Scope and usefulness of knowledge of microbiology in Nursing, Classification of Micro-organisms and factors influencing growth, Sources of Infection, Portals of Entry and Exit of microbes, Transmission of infection, Collection of Specimens and Principles to kept in mind while collection specimen, Immunity, Control and destruction of micro-organisms.
- Psychology: Definition, Scope and importance for Nurses, Psychology of human behavior: Emotions, Attitudes, Frustration and Defense mechanisms, Personality, Intelligence and related Factors, Learning and Observation.
- Sociology: Importance of Sociology in Nursing. The Socio-cultural and Economic aspects of the community and their effects in health and illness. The Family: Family as a social institution and basic unit for health service, Basic needs of family, Advantages of Planned parenthood. The Society: Concept of society, Rural and Urban Society, Social Problems, unmarried mothers, dowry System, drug addiction, alcoholism, delinquency, handicapped, child abuse, domestic violence, women abuse, Social agencies and remedial measures. Economy: Resources of the country – Natural, occupational, agricultural, Industrial, etc. Social Security: Population explosion – its effect on economy and the need for population control, Budgeting for a family, per capita income and its impact on health and illness.
- Personal Hygiene: Maintenance of Health, Physical health and Mental Health.
- Environmental Hygiene: Water: Safe & wholesome water, Uses of water, Water pollution, Water borne disease and water purification. Air: Air pollution, prevention & Control of Air pollutions. Waste: Refuse, Excrete, Sewage, Health hazards of these wastes Collection, removal and disposal of the wastes, Housing, Noise.
- Computer in Nursing: Disk operating systems, Use of computer in Nursing, Internet & E-mail in Nursing.
Date, time and venue etc. of examination along with Roll No. will be communicated to the candidates through e Admit Cards.
Selection will be based on Written Examination.
Candidates can download UPPSC Staff Nurse Syllabus 2023 from our website.