United Nations Launched Still Birth Report 2020. The United Nations which is an intergovernmental organization that aims to maintain international peace and security among countries released a report on stillbirths named “A Neglected Tragedy: The Global Burden of Stillbirths”. The report was created by UNICEF, World Health Organisation, World Bank and the United Nations department of economic and social affairs.
- This is the first-time a stillbirth report has been published by the United Nations.
- As per report, still birth means a baby born with no signs of life at 28 weeks of pregnancy.
- The report says that a stillborn baby is delivered every 16 seconds.
- 84%of these still birth situations occur in low and lower-middle-income countries.
- The report indicates that, there were around 1.9 million still births globally. Of this 0.34 million were from India.
- India along with other countries such as Nigeria, Congo, Pakistan, China and Ethiopia contributed to half of the entire still birth in the world.
- The progress in decline in still birth in India has improved in last two decades. The stillbirth rate has improved by 2.7% in 2010 as compared to 2000.
- Headquarters: New York, United States
- Founded: 24 October 1945,
- Secretary General: Antonio Guterres
- Which Edition of Still Birth Report 2020 released by United Nations? – First Edition
- Still Birth Report 2020 is jointly prepared by which organizations? – UNICEF, WHO and World Bank
- Where is the Headquarters of WHO located? – Geneva, Switzerland
- The State of the World’s Children reports is released by – UNICEF
- As per UN’s World Water Development Report, Floods could cost South Asia as much as US$215 billion each year by – 2030
- Human Development Programmed is released by which organization? – UNDP
|Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|