Union Power Ministry releases Draft Electricity (Change in Law, Must-run status and Other matters) Rules 2020 – Key Details. Union Ministry of Power released the Draft Electricity Rules 2020. The rules issued by the ministry with an objective to bring in quick compensation to power plants. The draft also proposes to let trading licensees charge a weighted average tariff of all the renewable energy bids.
Draft Electricity Rules 2020 Highlights:
- The monthly tariff should be adjusted so that economic position of the power plant can be reinstated.
- The renewable power plants are currently selling their power through exchange mechanism. The rules recommend that this is a bad approach and a bilateral trade opportunity will bring in higher prices for the renewable power.
- The renewable power plants are discharged from curtailment under Indian Electricity Grid Code. Also, they enjoy must-run status under the code. They are eligible to curtailment compensation only if related clauses are included in Power Purchase Agreement.
- The draft rule now provides 75% of Power Purchase Agreement tariff, in case if compensation clauses are not provided in the PPA.
About Power Ministry:
- Union Minister: Raj Kumar Singh
- Constituency: Arrah, Bihar
1) Recently, Power Finance Corporation signed MoA with which state to Construct 2 Modular Operation Theatre Rooms with which state? – Uttar Pradesh
2) Recently, Power Minister RK Singh launched India’s 1st Public EV Charging Plaza in – New Delhi
3) As per International Energy Agency, Which is the India’s Rank in terms of Producing Electricity? -3rd
4) Power Minister R K Singh launched which campaign for building an energy resilient future? – #iCommit
5) According to Power Ministry, India to attain 60% Renewable Energy by which year? – 2030
6) India and which country signed MoU in power sector? – Denmark
|Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|