Union Defence Minister Rajnath Singh releases Defence Acquisition Procedure 2020. Union Minister of Defence Rajnath Singh released the New Defence Acquisition Procedure (DAP) 2020. He unveils the procedure in Defence Acquisition Council (DAC) meeting in South Block. This DAP 2020 is line up with PM’s Atmanirbhar Bharat with an aim of transforming India into a global manufacturing hub.
- The first Defence Procurement Procedure (DPP) was promulgated in the year 2002 and has since been revised periodically.
- Defence Minister Raj Nath Singh had approved the constitution of Main Review Committee under Chairmanship of DG (Acquisition) Shri Apurva Chandra in Aug 2019 for preparation of DAP-2020
- DAP 2020 will be applicable with effect from 01 October 2020.
- A new procedure has been encompassed as a new chapter in DAP and structured as an enabling provision for Services to procure essential items through Capital Budget under a simplified procedure in a time-bound manner.
- The categories of Buy (Indian-IDDM), Make I, Make II, Production Agency in Design & Development, OFB/DPSU and SP model will be exclusively reserved for Indian Vendors meeting the criteria of Ownership and Control by resident Indian citizens.
About Defence Ministry:
- Union Minister: Rajnath Singh
- Constituency: Lucknow, U.P
1) Defence Minister Rajnath Singh launched which portal for Indigenization in Defence Sector? – SRIJAN portal
2) Defence Minister has signed an agreement on manufacturing AK-203 rifles with which country? – Russia
3) Defence Minister Rajnath Singh launches 15 products developed by Defence PSUs as part of which programme? – Atmanirbhar Bharat
4) Army Commanders Conference 2020 was held in which city? -New Delhi
5) Recently, Defence Ministry banned how many import items in a push for Atmanirbhar Bharat? – 101
6) Name the App that is launched by Defence minister for online training of NCC cadets? – DGNCC
|Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|