UNGA Fourth World Conference on Women 2020. United Nations General Assembly held Fourth World Conference on Women 2020. This is the also 25th anniversary of the Beijing Declaration and Platform for Action to highlight India’s achievements on gender equality. The Conference was addressed by Union Minister for Ministry of Women and Child Development Smriti Zubin Irani.
The theme for this year conference is ‘Accelerating the realization of gender equality and the empowerment of all women and girls’.
The United Nations Commission on the Status of Women (CSW) has conducted periodic reviews of the Platform’s implementation, in 2000, 2005 and 2010. Its 25-year review and appraisal in March 2020 was affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
About Beijing Declaration:
The meeting is an chance for member states to demonstrate the political will and leadership for the implementation of the Beijing Declaration which is a resolution adopted on September 15, 1995, on principles of gender equality.
- Secretary General: Antonio Guterres
- Headquarters: New York, United States
- Founded: 24 October 1945
1) Who represented India in UN Biodiversity Summit? – Prakash Javadekar
2) When was the United Nations adopted the Charter of Economic Rights? – December 1980
3) Under whom recommendations the UN General Assembly suspends the UN membership? – Security Council
4) Where did the first General Assembly meeting held? – Westminster Central Hall,London
5) When was the United Nations Organisation founded? – October 24, 1945
6) United Nations Commission on the Status of Women (CSW) has held periodic reviews of the Platform’s implementation from which year? – 2000
|Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|