UN Biodiversity Summit – India to achieve land-degradation neutrality by 2030. Union Minister for Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change Prakash Javadekar addressed the United Nations Biodiversity Summit. The United Nations Summit on Biodiversity will be organized by the President of the General Assembly on 30 September 2020. India aims to reinstitute 26 million hectares of degraded and deforested land, and achieve land-degradation neutrality by 2030.
- The Theme for this year is “Urgent action on biodiversity for sustainable development.”
- The Summit will highlight the importance of relation between people and the nature.
- The Summit will highlight the crisis facing humanity from the degradation of biodiversity and the urgent need to accelerate action on biodiversity for sustainable development.
About Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change:
- Union Minister: Prakash Javadekar
- Minister of State: Babul Supriyo
- Headquarters: New York, United States
- Founded: 24 October 1945
- Secretary General: Antonio Guterres
1) Who released the ebook named ‘Connecting, Communicating, Changing’? – Union Minister Prakash Javadekar
2) India is going to host 36th International Geological Congress (IGC) in 2020 in which city? – NCR New Delhi
3) Which mobile app launched by Prakash Javadekar for conservation of Indian turtles? – KURMA App
4) What is the constituency of Union Minister Prakash Javadekar? – Rajya Sabha, Maharashtra
5) Who represented the India in 6th BRICS Environment Ministers Meeting? – Prakash Javadekar
6) World Sustainable Development Summit 2020 was held in which city? – New Delhi
|Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|