UCEED 2024 Syllabus PDF: Undergraduate Common Entrance Exam for Design (UCEED) will be scheduled on January 21, 2024 (Sunday) from 09:00 AM to 12:00 PM by IIT Bombay. UCEED 2024 will be held only in the following 27 cities in India. So, Students or Candidates must check the Test Structure and Detailed Syllabus from the below session.
UCEED Syllabus 2024 in English
|Name of the Board||Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay|
|Post Name||Undergraduate Common Entrance Exam for Design (UCEED)|
|No of Vacancy||B. Des program|
UCEED 2024 Exam Date:
- UCEED is a test centre-based examination and has two parts: Part-A is computer-based and Part-B contains question related to sketching that needs to be attempted on the provided sheet. It is compulsory for the candidates to attempt both the parts in the given time.
- The total time for the examination (that includes both Part-A and Part-B) is THREE hours and it will be held as per the following schedule:
|Date||January 21, 2024 (Sunday)|
|Time||09:00 am to 12:00 noon|
UCEED 2024 Question Paper:
- The question paper will be in English only.
- The question paper will carry a total of 300 marks.
- The question paper will consist of two parts: Part-A and Part-B. It is compulsory to attempt questions from both parts.
- Utmost care is taken to prepare an error free question paper. However, if an error is detected in the question paper, the UCI Committee shall take an appropriate decision after the examination, which shall be final.
UCEED 2024 Exam Pattern:
Details of the two parts of the question paper are given below:
Part-A (Total marks: 200; Maximum time: 2 hours)
- This part will be administered through a computer-based test.
- This part will consist of three sections.
Section 1: NAT (Numerical Answer Type): 14 questions (4 marks each; no negative marks). For these questions, the answer is a number that needs to be entered using a virtual keyboard on the computer screen. No choices will be shown for these questions.
Section 2: MSQ (Multiple Select Question): 15 questions. Each MSQ may have one or more than one correct choice(s) out of the four given.
Part-B (Total marks: 100; Maximum time: 1 hour)
- Part-B consists of TWO questions to test the candidates’ drawing skills and design aptitude. This will require subjective evaluation. The questions in Part-B will be displayed on the computer screen, and the answer must be written/drawn in the answer book provided by the invigilator. In the case of PwD candidates availing the use of a scribe, assistance in attempting Part-B is not permitted, as the question is aimed at evaluating their drawing skill.
- Part-B answer booklets will be collected at the end of the examination.
- Part-B question is mandatory.
- The entire paper (Part-A and Part-B) must be finished within the stipulated time for each part.
Following is the question paper structure for UCEED 2024:
|Part-A (2 hours)|
|Section||Type of questions||Number of questions||Marks for correct answer||Marks for wrong answer||Marks for question not attempted||Total marks for the section|
|1||Numerical Answer Type (NAT)||14||04||0||0||56|
|2||Multiple Select Question (MSQ)||15||Partial Marking||-1||0||60|
|3||Multiple Choice Question (MCQ)||28||3||-0.71||0||84|
|Part-B (1 hour)|
|Type of Question||Number of Questions||Total Marks|
UCEED 2024 Syllabus:
UCEED 2024 will have two parts.
Part-A will have questions on the following topics:
Visualization and spatial reasoning: Ability to visualise and transform 2D shapes and 3D objects and their spatial relationships.
Practical and scientific knowledge: Know-how of scientific principles and everyday objects.
Observation and design sensitivity: The capacity to detect concealed properties in daily life and think critically about them. Attention to detail, classification, analysis, inference and prediction.
Environment and society: General awareness of environmental, social and cultural connections with design.
Analytical and logical reasoning: Ability to analyse qualitative and quantitative information.
Language: Proficiency in reading and comprehending Standard English.
Creativity: Grasp of verbal and non-verbal analogies, metaphors, signs and symbols.
Part-B will have questions on the following topics:
Drawing: Ability to draw products, people or scenes in proportion with good line quality, composition, proportion, perspective and shading.
Design Aptitude: Capability to practically and appropriately respond to problems/situations with ingenuity and empathy.
Undergraduate Common Entrance Exam for Design (UCEED) will be scheduled on January 21, 2024 (Sunday).
The question paper will carry a total of 300 marks.
Candidates can download UCEED 2024 Syllabus from above attached link.