MSDE launches Mahatma Gandhi National Fellowship programme in Bengaluru
The Union Minister for Skill Development and Entrepreneurship Dr. Mahendra Nath Pandey launched the Mahatma Gandhi National Fellowship programme in the Indian Institute of Management in Bengaluru.
- The Fellowship is launched as part of the SANKALP programme of the ministry to provide skilled manpower for District Skill Committees to prepare the District Skill Development plan.
PM hands over Twitter handle to women achievers
Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has said that women achievers will share their life journey through his social media accounts on the occasion of International Women’s Day.
Women from across India are sharing their life stories on the Prime Minister’s twitter handle. The journeys shared by women from all walks of life are exemplary and motivating.
GoI to create 75 lakh Self Help Group by 2022
Minister of Rural Development Narendra Singh Tomar announced that more than 17 lakh Self Help Groups (SHGs) are to be developed by 2022. Currently, there are more than 60 lakh self help groups in the country mobilizing 6 crore women.
The SHGs help to promote Gender Equity, Social Integrity, Financial Inclusion and help raise voice of marginalized section. It also helps to improve efficiency of Government Schemes.
Denys Shmygal becomes Ukraine’s new Prime Minister
The Parliament of Ukraine recently approved Denys Shmygal as the new prime minister of the country.
- The previous Prime Minister Oleksiy Honcharuk who assumed charge in August 2019 resigned after he was caught criticising the President.
- President: Volodymyr Zelensky.
- Capital: Kyiv.
- Currency: Ukrainian hryvnia.
India joins Indian Ocean Commission (IOC) as its 5th observer to boost Indo-Pacific vision
India has joined Indian Ocean Commission (IOC) as its 5th observer state to strengthen its Indo-Pacific vision and also to boost strategic partnership with France, and Vanilla Islands.
- The decision has been taken during the meeting of the Commission’s council of ministers in Seychell.
- With this move, India would lead to greater security cooperation with countries in East Africa.
- The Commission has 5 observers- China, EU (European Union), Malta, International Organisation of La Francophonie (OIF), and India.
- Secretary General– Hamada Madi
Tamil Nadu tops in Poshan Abhiyan’s participants list
The Union Government is implementing the flagship programme Poshan Abhiyan for improving the nutritional status of Indian citizens.
- It helps children, adolescents, pregnant women and lactating mothers by leveraging technology, a targeted approach and convergence.
- Tamil Nadu tops the list of the states in terms of the number of participants in the programme.
About Tamil Nadu
- Capital – Chennai
- Governor- Banwarilal Purohit
- Chief Minister – Edappadi K. Palaniswami
Sri Lanka to host 5th BIMSTEC Summit in September
The 5th edition of BIMSTEC (Bay of Bengal Initiative for Multi-Sectoral Technical and Economic Cooperation) Summit 2020 to be held in Colombo, Sri Lanka in the month of September 2020.
- The summit will be preceded by the 17th Ministerial Meeting and 21st Senior Officials Meeting by the end of 2020.
- Sri Lanka is the Chair of BIMSTEC between 2018 and 2020 and it will hand over the chairmanship to Thailand by the end of 2020.
Fourth International Diabetes Summit 2020 started in Pune by Chellaram Diabetes Institute
Fourth International Diabetes Summit 2020 inaugurated at JW Marriot Hotel Pune. Lt Gen Dr. Madhuri Kanitkar was the Chief Guest, and Dr. Bhushan Patwardhan was the Guest of Honour.
The three-day International Diabetes Summit will be held from March 6 to 8, 2020, in Pune.
The fourth International Diabetes Summit 2020 renowned international doctors and researchers spoke on advances and advancements in the field of diabetes.
15 outstanding women honoured with Nari Shakti Puraskar by Prez on International Women’s Day
President Ram Nath Kovind gave away the Nari Shakti Puraskar to 15 women in Rashtrapati Bhawan on the occasion of International Women’s Day
The awardees are
- 103 year old athlete Mann Kaur,
- Indian Air Force’s first women fighter pilots Mohana Singh,
- Bhawana Kanth and Avani Chaturvedi,
- Farmers Padala Bhudevi and Bina Devi,
- Artisan Arifa Jaan, Environmentalist Chami Murmu,
- Entrepreneur Nilza Wangmo,
- Automotive research professional Rashmi Urdhwardeshe,
- Lady Mason Kalavati Devi,
- Twin Mountaineers Tashi and Nungshi Malik
- classical vocalist Kaushiki Chakroborty
And 98 year old Karthyayini Amma who topped the literacy exam in 2018. Another awardee 105 year old Bhageerathi Amma could not travel to Delhi to recieve the award.
Minister Rajnath Singh conferred WTI Awards on 8 March
Defence Minister Rajnath Singh conferred the Fourth Edition of the Women Transforming India Awards (WTI) on 8 March 2020, the International Women’s Day.
- The award ceremony was organized by NITI Aayog’s Women Entrepreneurship Platform. The awards recognized women from diverse fields, including healthcare, education, and food tech, amongst other fields.
- WTI Awards was initiated in the year 2018. It is awarded under the support of the Women Entrepreneurship Platform. The theme for the year is “Women and Entrepreneurship.”
Indian Coast Guards conducts SAREX-2020 in Goa
Final exercise of the National level Search and Rescue Exercise (SAREX-2020) was conducted by the Indian Coast Guard in the sea at Vasco, South Goa district.
- It was inaugurated by Dr. Ajay Kumar, IAS, Secretary (Defence), Ministry of Defence.
- Theme: ‘Harmonization of Maritime and Aeronautical Search and Rescue (HAMSAR)
- It was observed by observers from 19 countries.
Australia lifts fifth T20 World Cup title
Defending champions Australia wins Women’s T20 World Cup 2020. Australia bowled India out for 99 runs to clinch the final by 85 runs for a record-extending fifth Women’s T20 World Cup title at the Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG), Australia.
- The ICC Women’s T20 World Cup 2020 was the seventh edition of the ICC Women’s T20 World Cup tournament.
- It was held in Australia from 21 February to 8 March 2020.
- The tournament featured 10 teams namely: India, Australia, New Zealand, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, South Africa, England, West Indies, Pakistan & Thailand
- CEO: Manu Sawhney
- Headquarters: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Founded: 15 June 1909
Five Indian Boxers Qualified for Olympics
Five Indian boxers, including the seasoned trio of Vikas Krishan in 69 kilogram, Pooja Rani in 75 kg and Satish Kumar in 91 kg category, secured Tokyo Olympic berths by advancing to the semifinals of the Asian Qualifiers with mostly commanding victories in Amman, Jordan.
Satish, Rani, Krishan, Lovlina Borgohain in 69 kg and Ashish Kumar in 75 kg became the first set of Indian boxers to qualify for quadrennial showpiece scheduled in July-August this year.
Kieron Pollard becomes first cricketer to play 500 T20s
West Indies skipper Kieron Pollard became the first player in the history of T20 cricket to feature in 500 matches during the field against Sri Lanka for the first T20I in Pallekele, Srilanka.
The jersey had the all-rounder’s name at the back along with the number 500. Dwayne Bravo is second in the list with 453 matches under his belt so far. Chris Gayle is at the third spot in the list as he has featured in 404 T20 matches.
International Women Day 2020 observed on March 8th
International Women’s Day is observed every year on March 8 to celebrate the women’s movement and struggle for equality.
- The theme of International Women’s Day 2020 is, I am Generation Equality: Realizing Women’s Rights.
- This year women’s day will be celebrated in the wake of the 25th anniversary of Beijing Declaration and Platform for Action, which is termed by the UN Women as the “most visionary agenda for women’s rights and empowerment everywhere”.
- Secretary General – Antonio Guterres.
- Headquarters- New York, United States.
|For Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|