Centre allocates highest ever funds of Rs. 1,01,500 crore under Mahatma Gandhi NREGS during 2020-2021
A provision of one lakh one thousand 500 crore rupees has been made under Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme in the current financial year 2020-2021. It is the highest ever provision of funds under the programme.
- A sum of 31 thousand 493 crores has already been released in 2020-2021, which is more than 50 percent of the budget estimate of the current Financial Year.
- Minister for Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare Narendra Singh Tomar said that a total of 60.80 crore person days have been generated so far and work has been offered to 6.69 crore persons.
India ranks 168th in Environment Performance Index 2020; Denmark tops
According to the biennial Environment Performance Index (EPI ) 2020 released jointly by Yale University and Columbia University, India has ranked 168 out of 180 countries with a score of 27.6 out of 100.While the Denmark has been topped the list with a score of 82.5.
- The EPI provides a quantitative basis for comparing, analyzing, and understanding environmental performance of the countries based on 32 key sustainability indicators across 11 categories.
Important Point about Columbia University:
- President– Lee Bollinger
Manipur CM N.Biren Singh inaugurates Plant Health Clinic in Imphal
With an aim to boost economic growth of Manipur through agriculture and horticulture, Chief Minister N. Biren Singh inaugurated a Plant Health Clinic at the Directorate of Horticulture and Soil Conservation, Imphal today.
During the inaugural function, the Chief Minister also launched a mobile soil testing laboratory van.
- Capital – Imphal
- Governor – Nejma Heptulla
Rajasthan CM launches Raj Kaushal Portal through video conference
Rajasthan Chief Minister(CM) Ashok Gehlot launched the Online Shramik Employment Exchange, ‘Raj Kaushal Portal’ developed by the department of Information and Technology(IT) and Rajasthan Skill & Livelihoods Development Corporation(RSLDC) through video conference.
Important Points about Rajasthan:
- Capital– Jaipur
- Governor– Kalraj Mishra
“Gairsain” becomes summer capital of Uttarakhand
Gairsain in Chamoli district has been formally declared as the summer capital of Uttarakhand. The announcement was made after the assent from the governor Baby Rani Maurya was received in order to declare Gairsain the summer capital of Uttarakhand.
- Also, the declaration of a summer capital in the region is expected to expedite the development of the hilly areas.
- Chief Minister – Trivendra Singh Rawat
- Governor – Baby Rani Maurya
Science & Technology
Union Minister Launches “COVID BEEP” App For Coronavirus Patients
Employees’ State Insurance Corporation (ESIC) medical college, Hyderabad in collaboration with Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Hyderabad and the Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR), Hyderabad, and Electronics Corporation of India Limited (ECL) have developed India’s first indigenous wireless physiological parameters monitoring system for the COVID-19 affected patients namely “COVID BEEP” app.
- It is an acronym for Continuous Oxygenation & Vital Information Detection Biomed ECIL ESIC Pod.
Important Point about ESIC:
- Director General– Ms. Anuradha Prasad
- Headquarters– New Delhi
Important Points about ECIL:
- Chairman & MD – Rear Admiral Sanjay Chaubey
- Headquarters – Hyderabad, Telangana
India, Denmark signs MoU for cooperation in power sector
Denmark and India signed Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) that aims at developing a deep, strong, and long-term cooperation in the power sector. The memorandum was signed between Denmark’s Ministry of Energy, Utilities and Climate, and India’s Power Ministry.
- The MoU was signed by the Denmark Ambassador, Freddy Svane, and Secretary (Power) Sanjiv Nandan Sahai. The Joint Working Group (JWG) will also be established under MoU.
IIFL Finance signs Rohit Sharma as its first-ever brand ambassador
Non-Banking finance company IIFL Finance has signed up India’s superstar cricketer Rohit Sharma as its first-ever brand ambassador.
- IIFL Finance is one of India’s leading Non-Banking Finance Companies, with over Rs 36,000 crores of assets under management.
- Headquarters – Mumbai
Monika Kapil Mohta appointed India’s next Ambassador to Switzerland
Monika Kapil Mohta has been appointed as the next Ambassador of India to Switzerland. She is presently serving as the Ambassador of India to Sweden. She is an IFS officer of 1985 batch.
- Monika Kapil Mohta will replace Sibi George as the next Ambassador of India to Switzerland. Sibi George has been appointed as the next Ambassador of India to the State of Kuwait.
Tech Mahindra signs UNGC Initiative to reduce CO2 emissions; Target to raise renewable energy to 50% by 2025
Tech Mahindra Ltd. a leading provider of digital transformation, consulting and business reengineering services has signed a joint declaration with UN Global Compact urging governments to align their COVID-19 recovery efforts with the latest climate science.
Tech Mahindra also reaffirms its commitment to achieving net-zero carbon emissions with fairer transition from a grey to a green economy.
Important Points About UNGC:
- Headquarters– New York, United States (US)
- CEO & Executive Director– Ms. Lise Kingo
Javed Akhtar becomes the first Indian to receive Richard Dawkins Award
Veteran writer-lyricist Javed Akhtar on Sunday said he is honoured to be named this year’s recipient of the Richard Dawkins Award.
- He became the 1st Indian to be given the honour for critical thinking, holding religious dogma up to scrutiny, advancing human progress and humanist values.
- Every year, the award recognises a distinguished individual from the field of science, scholarship, education, or entertainment, who publicly proclaims the values of secularism and rationalism and upholding scientific truth.
About Richard Dawkins Foundation:
- Founder– Richard Dawkins
Kiran M. Shaw named EY World Entrepreneur Of The Year 2020
Kiran Mazumdar Shaw, founder and current Chairperson and Managing Director of Biocon Limited, has been named EY World Entrepreneur Of The Year for 2020.
- She was picked from among 46 award winners from 41 countries and territories vying for the world title.
- She is the first woman entrepreneur from India and the third Indian to win the title in the award’s 20-year history.
Other Winners from India:
- Uday Kotak of Kotak Mahindra Bank (2014)
- N R Narayana Murthy, co-founder of Infosys Ltd, (2005)
The Hindu group bags INMA Global Media Awards 2020
International News Media Association (INMA) has awarded The Hindu Group at the Global Media Awards 2020.
- There were 16 categories with Group 1(regional/local brands) and Group 2 (global/national brands).
- The Hindu secured first place for ‘Cadbury Sweet Kondattam’ for Client Mondelez India for ‘Best Idea to Acquire or Retain Advertising Clients’ in Group 2.
- It also secured 2nd place for ‘Stay home Stay vigilant’ campaign for ‘Best Initiative in Response to COVID-19’.
Indian Air Force designs, develops & manufactures ARPIT
The Indian Air Force has designed, developed and manufactured an Airborne Rescue Pod for Isolated Transportation (ARPIT).
- This pod will be utilised for evacuation of critical patients with infectious diseases including COVID-19 from high altitude area, isolated and remote places.
- This indigenously designed system has been developed at a cost of Rs. 60,000 only, which is very less as compared to the imported systems costing up to Sixty Lakh.
About Indian Air Force:
- Chief of the Air Staff: Rakesh Kumar Singh Bhadauria
- Headquarters: New Delhi
World oceans day 2020: June 8
Every year on June 8 World oceans day, the United Nations(UN) day is celebrated across the world to inform the public about the impact of human activities on the ocean, create a global citizens’ movement for the ocean, and mobilize & unite the world’s population for the sustainable management of the world’s oceans.
- It is observed to spread awareness about the role that oceans play in our everyday life.
- The theme of 2020 is “Innovation for a Sustainable Ocean”.
|Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|
|Online Classes||Click Here|