Railways sets world record by running first Double Stack Container Train in electrified territory
Indian Railways has created a new world benchmark by successfully running first Double-Stack Container Train in high-rise in Over Head Equipment electrified territory on Western Railway.
- This achievement is a first of its kind in the entire world and will also boost the ambitious mission of Green India.
- With this remarkable development, Railways has become the first to run Double-Stack Container train with high reach pantograph in high rise Over Head Equipment territory.
- The Operations successfully commenced on from Palanpur and Botad stations in Gujarat.
About Indian Railways:
- Union Railway Minister -Piyush Goyal
- Minister of State – Suresh Channabasappa Angadi
India-ASEAN Youth Dialogue 2020 Held From June 8-10
During the third India-ASEAN youth dialogue that was held from June 8 to 10, India and the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) pledged to enhance cooperation in ways to effectively and constructively channelising youthful energy.
- The Central elements of ASEAN-India strategic partnership are effectively and constructively channelizing the youthful energy, education and skill development.
- 2020 Chairmanship: Vietnam
- Member countries: 10 States ― Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam.
Odisha Becomes First State to Get ISO Certification for Tribal Hostels
Odisha became the first State in the country to get ISO certification for its tribal hostels. In the first phase, 44 hostels of Keonjhar and Sambalpur districts have been accorded ISO 9001:2015 Certification.
- The certification was awarded basing on the quality of amenities available for scheduled category students residing in hostels set up by ST and SC Development, Minorities and Backward Classes Welfare department.
- Chief minister– Shri Naveen Patnaik
- Governor– Ganeshi Lal.
- Capital– Bhubaneswar.
Hyderabad Police launches a programme ‘STREE’ for women
Hyderabad City Security Council(HCSC) along with Hyderabad City Police launched “She Triumphs through Respect, Equality, and Empowerment(STREE)”, a programme to support and empower women victims of domestic violence and abuse.
- To raise awareness among the women on their rights, entitlements, laws and support systems & also to build a network of partners to ensure women’s safety, equality and empowerment.
- Chief Minister: Chandrashekar Rao
- Governor: Tamilisai Soundararajan
- Capital: Hyderabad
Uttar Pradesh govt decides to adopt scheme of Flatted Factory Model
In Uttar Pradesh, the State Government has decided to adopt the scheme of Flatted Factory Model which will ensure easy availability of land for industries, and in turn, generate employment also. In a high level meeting, it was decided by Uttar Pradesh State Industrial Development Authority (UPSIDA).
- The new policy will allow the owner of an industrial land of at least five acres to develop one-fourth of it as flatted factory.
UP CM launches schemes for child labourers in UP
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath launched the ‘Bal Shramik Vidya Yojana’, a scheme to educate child labourers in the state.
- The scheme’s launch coincides with the ‘World Day Against Child Labour’.
- Under the scheme, unsupported children in the age group of 8 to 18 years would be entitled to school education. These children would be given admission in the Atal residential schools in the state.
About Uttar Pradesh:
- CM: Yogi Aditya Nath
- Governor: Anandiben Patel
- Capital : Lucknow
RBI constitutes Internal Working Group to review structure of pvt sector banks
The Reserve Bank of India has constituted a five-member Internal Working Group to review the guidelines related to ownership, governance and corporate structure of private sector banks.
- RBI informed that RBI Central Board Director P K Mohanty will head the committee, which will submit its report by 30th September, 2020.
- The panel has also been asked to examine and review the eligibility criteria for individuals or entities to apply for banking licence and make recommendations on all related issues.
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Founded: 1 April 1935, Kolkata
- Governor: Shaktikanta Das
OECD projects contraction of Indian Economy at 3.7% in FY21
Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) has released its Economic Outlook. In its Economic Outlook, the intergovernmental economic organisation has forecasted Indian Economy to contract to 3.7% in the fiscal year 2020-21.
- It also stated that if there is a second COVID-19 outbreak in the country, then its growth will drop further to -7.3%.
- Headquarters: Paris, France
- Founded: 30 September 1961
Ranking & Index
India retains 108th slot at FIFA’s latest ranking
India football team retained its 108th spot in the latest FIFA rankings.
- Belgium and France retained their first and second positions respectively in the latest rankings. Brazil is on the third place followed by England.
- In view of the COVID-19 pandemic, the whole raft of international fixtures including qualifiers for the FIFA World Cup and other major tournaments has been postponed.
India 12th in science research: Nature Index Annual Tables 2020
In the recently-released Nature Index table 2020, India is placed twelfth globally in science research output by Nature Index in 2019, ranked by country or territory.
- The top five positions have gone to the United States of America, China, Germany, United Kingdom and Japan. India is after Spain and just ahead of Italy.
- In the top institutions list, CSIR bagged 160th rank, followed by IISC (184)
- It is compiled by Springer Nature with headquarter at London.
Science & Technology
ISRO to organize online ISRO Cyberspace Competitions 2020
The Indian Space Research Organization, ISRO will organize online ISRO Cyberspace Competitions-2020 to ignite young minds in the country.
- For the students of class 11 and 12, essay competition is organized with space quiz contests in Hindi and English. Students can register themselves on “https://icc2020.isro.gov.in/icc/register.jsp”
- Headquarters: Bengaluru
- Founder: Vikram Sarabhai
- Founded: 15 August 1969
- Director: K Sivan
Eastern Naval Command gets new Chief of Staff
Vice Admiral Biswajit Dasgupta, assumed the charge as Chief of Staff, Eastern Naval Command(ENC),Visakhapatnam. Vice Admiral SN Ghormade, the outgoing Chief of Staff, has proceeded on transfer as Controller Personnel Services at Integrated Headquarters, Ministry of Defence(Navy), New Delhi.
- Biswajit Dasgupta is an alumnus of National Defence Academy. He was commissioned into the Indian Navy in 1985 and is a specialist in Navigation and Direction.
About Eastern Naval Command:
- Headquarters location: Visakhapatnam
- Founded: 1 March 1968
Veteran Urdu poet Gulzar Dehlvi passes away
Veteran Urdu poet, Anand Mohan Zutshi Gulzar Dehlvi passed away. He was the editor of ‘Science ki Duniya’, the only science magazine published in Urdu by the government, which was launched in 1975.
- He is also credited with setting up Urdu schools across India. He was also associated with the freedom movement since the 1930s, when he was in school.
International Albinism Awareness Day 2020 is observed on 13 June
International Albinism Awareness Day (IAAD) is celebrated on June 13 every year. The day aims to celebrate the human rights of persons with albinism worldwide.
- International Albinism Awareness Day 2020 theme is ‘Made to Shine’.
- Albinism is non-contagious, genetically inherited, rare difference present at birth. This condition results in a lack of pigmentation in skin, hair, and eyes causing vulnerability to the sun and bright light.
|Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|
|Online Classes||Click Here|