Third phase of Vande Bharat Mission to have 432 international flights from 43 countries
A total of 1,65,375 people have returned, including 29,034 migrant workers under Vande Bharat Mission, said Ministry of External Affairs spokesperson Anurag Srivastava.
- Phase-Three will have 432 international flights from 43 countries reaching 17 States and Union Territories. In this phase, there will also be 29 flights from private carriers – 24 Indigo flights, three Go Air flights and two Vistara flights.
About Vande Bharat Mission:
- The aim of this mission is to bring back over two lakh Indians stranded across the world since the lockdown was announced in March.
- The government had suspended domestic and international flights as part of the lockdown.
Andhra CM launches ‘Jagananna Chedodu’ scheme
Andhra CM YS Jegan Mohan Reddy launched ‘Jagananna Chedodu’ scheme for tailors, barbers and washermen to provide financial assistance to tailors, barbers and washermen.
- The scheme provides one-time financial assistance of ₹10,000 each to the 2.47 lakh beneficiaries under 60 years of age. Under the scheme, 82,347 Rajakas (dhobis), 38,767 Nayee Brahmins (barbers) and 1.25 lakh tailors were provided with the financial assistance.
About Andhra Pradesh:
- Chief Minister: YS Jagan Mohan Reddy
- Governor: Biswa Bhusan Harichandan.
Himachal launches ‘Panchvati’ Yojana for the Senior Citizens
Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur launched ‘Panchvati Yojna’ for senior citizens of rural areas of the state under which parks and gardens would be developed in every development block with necessary facilities.
- The main objective of this Yojna, which is being taken up in link up with MNREGA scheme, is to provide opportunity to the elderly people to spend their leisure time strolling in these parks and gardens.
About Himachal Pradesh:
- Chief Minister: Jairam Thakur;
- Governor: Bandaru Dattatraya.
Centre approves Rs.1,280 crore for Madhya Pradesh to implement Jal Jeevan Mission during 2020-21
Government of India approved the Annual Action Plan of Madhya Pradesh for 2020-21. The approval was decided at the National Committee chaired by Secretary, Drinking Water & Sanitation, Ministry of Jal Shakti.
- Government of India approved Rs.1,280 crore for implementation of Jal Jeevan Mission in the State in 2020-21.
- Madhya Pradesh has planned to have 100% Functional Household Tap Water Connection (FHTC) by 2023-24.
About Madhya Pradesh:
- Capital: Bhopal
- CM: Shivraj Singh Chouhan
- Governor: Lal Ji Tandon
India is ranked 56th COVID-19 regional safety assessment report
Deep Knowledge Group releases COVID-19 regional safety assessment report of 200 countries dividing them into 4 tiers.
- The first tier is for safest countries and 4th is for riskiest nation for COVID-19.
- The report positioned India on 56th rank with a score of 532.
- Switzerland with a score of 752 was the most safe place for COVID-19 , followed by Germany, Israel, Singapore, Japan.
Indian Musician Shobha Sekhar receives “the Medal of the Order of Australia”
Indian Musician Shobha Sekhar, the founder of Kalakruthi a music organisation in Australia receives the Medal of the Order of Australia(OAM) in the Queen’s Birthday 2020 for her service to Indian music and dance.
- She works as a lecturer at the University of Melbourne.
About The Medal of the Order of Australia:
- The medal of the order of Australia is awarded to the individuals contributing to their community or to Australia globally or domestically.
- Currency– Australian dollar
- Capital– Canberra
Indian-American soil scientist Rattan Lal gets 2020 World Food Prize
Eminent Indian-American soil scientist Rattan Lal has been named this year’s recipient of the World Food Prize for developing and mainstreaming a soil-centric approach to increasing food production that conserves natural resources and mitigates climate change.
- Lal serves as Distinguished University Professor of Soil Science and founding Director of the Carbon Management & Sequestration Center at The Ohio State University
Gargo International appointed Sonu Sood as Brand Ambassador
Gargo International (Delhi based lubricant company) has appointed Sonu Sood as its brand ambassador
The company praised Sonu Sood for his support works to migrant workers through the “Ghar Bhejo” and KhaanaChahiye initiative which raised Rs.57 lakhs.
About Gargo International:
- MD: Rajan Goel
Empays partners Mastercard to facilitate contactless ATM withdrawals in India
Empays Payment Systems India, a cloud-based payment solutions provider, has joined forces with Mastercard to enable contactless ATM withdrawals in India.
- Under this partnership, Mastercard will help Empays to launch a cardless ATM solution in order to mitigate the spread of the deadly coronavirus.
- Headquarters: New York, U.S.
- President and CEO: Ajaypal Singh Banga.
NFL ties up with ITI to train youth in various trades
National Fertilizers Limited (NFL) has tied up with Industrial Training Institutes around its plant to train youth in various trades so as to provide them employment in heavy and process industry.
- The step is taken to boost Skill India initiative of the Government of India.
- The company plans to explore more options to give impetus to Skill India by training more youth from institutes.
- NFL HQ: Noida
Former world champion boxer Oleksandr Gvozdyk retires
The Foemer Ukrainian lightweight boxing champion Oleksandr Gvozdyk announced his retirement.
- He won the Bronze medal in the 2012 Olympic games.
- He won the 2018 World Boxing Councils(WBCs) light heavyweight world title
Former Planning Commission member Dr Vaidyanathan passes away
Dr A Vaidyanathan, a former member of the Government of India’s Planning Commission, passed away.
- During his lifetime, Dr Vaidyanathan also served as professor at the Madras Institute of Development Studies and Centre for Development Studies in Trivandrum.
- He was a member of the perspective planning division of the Planning Commission from 1962 to 1972.
Television Actor Jagesh Mukati passes away
Television Actor Jagesh Mukati passed away due to breathing issues. He was renowned for working the TV shows namely Amita Ka Amit and Shree Ganesh.
- He also acted in 2014 bollywood movie “Hasee Toh Phasee” starring Parineeti Chopra & Sidharth Malhotra.
Former European Cup winner Tony Dunne passes away at 78
Manchester United’s European Cup-winning defender Tony Dunne has died aged 78.
- He was a part of the winning side of the European Cup in 1968.
- He won the Irish Footballer of the year award in 1969.
- He ended his football career in 1979
World Day Against Child Labour is observed on 12 June
World Day Against Child Labour (or Anti-Child Labor Day) is observed on 12 June every year. The day focuses on the impact of the crisis on Child labour.
- The International Labour Organization (ILO) launched the World Day Against Child Labour in 2002 to focus attention on the worldwide extent of kid labour and therefore the action and efforts needed to eliminate it.
- Director-General: Guy Ryder
- Headquarters: Geneva, Switzerland
- Formed on: 29 October 1919
|Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|
|Online Classes||Click Here|