TNPSC Group 4 Syllabus 2021 PDF – Check Exam Pattern Details Here: Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC) has going to Conduct Combined Civil Services Examination–IV commonly called Group 4 for VAO and Various Posts. Here We were given Exam Pattern & Syllabus. The Written Examination will be conducted in Single Paper (S.S.L.C Std). It is very useful for those who are preparing for TNPSC Group 4 Exams. Candidates can download Exam Pattern & Syllabus from the below-mentioned links.
TNPSC Group 4 Syllabus Details:
|Name of the Board||TNPSC|
|Name of the Post||Group 4|
|No of Vacancy||Various|
TNPSC Group 4 Exam Pattern
|Subject||Duration||Maximum Marks||Minimum Qualifying Marks for selection (All Communities)|
|Single Paper (S.S.L.C Std.)General Studies (75 items) + Aptitude Test(25 items) + General Tamil / General English (100 items) (Total = 200 items)||3 Hours||300||90|
TNPSCGroup 4 Written Examination Syllabus
GROUP-IV Examination (S.S.L.C. Standard)
Topics for Objective type
UNIT-I GENERAL SCIENCE :
- Physics: Nature of Universe-General Scientific laws-Inventions and discoveries-National scientific laboratories-Mechanics and properties of matter-Physical quantities, standards and units-Force, motion and energy-Magnetism, electricity and electronics -Heat, light and sound
- Chemistry: Elements and Compounds-Acids, bases and salts-Fertilizers, pesticides, insecticides
- Botany: Main Concepts of life science-Classification of living organism – Nutrition and dietetics-Respiration
- Zoology: Blood and blood circulation-Reproductive system-Environment, ecology, health and hygiene-Human diseases including communicable and non – communicable diseases – prevention and remedies-Animals, plants and human life
UNIT-II. CURRENT EVENTS
- History: Latest diary of events-national -National symbols-Profile of States-Eminent persons & places in news-Sports & games-Books & authors – Awards & honors’-India and its neighbors
- Political Science: Problems in conduct of public elections-2. Political parties and political system in India-3. Public awareness & General administration-4. Welfare oriented govt. schemes, their utility
- Geography: Geographical landmarks
- Economics: Current socio-economic problems
- Science: Latest inventions on science & technology
UNIT- III. GEOGRAPHY
- Earth and Universe-Solar system-Monsoon, rainfall, weather & climate water resources — rivers in India-Soil, minerals & natural resources-Forest & wildlife-Agricultural pattern-Transport including surface transport & communication-Social geography – population density and distribution natural calamities – Disaster Management.
UNIT – IV. HISTORY AND CULTURE OF INDIA AND TAMIL NADU
- Indus valley civilization-Guptas, Delhi Sultans, Mughals and Marathas-Age of Vijayanagaram and the bahmanis-South Indian history-Culture and Heritage of Tamil people-India since independence-Characteristics of Indian culture-Unity in diversity –race, colour, language, custom-India-as secular state-Growth of rationalist, Dravidian movement in TN-Political parties and populist schemes
UNIT-V. INDIAN POLITY
- Constitution of India–Preamble to the constitution- Salient features of constitution- Union, state and territory- Citizenship-rights amend dutiesFundamental rights- Fundamental duties- Human rights charter- Union legislature – Parliament- State executive- State Legislature – assembly- Local government – panchayat raj – TamilNadu- Judiciary in India – Rule of law/Due process of law-Elections- Official language and Schedule-VIIICorruption in public life- Anti-corruption measures –CVC, lok-adalats, Ombudsman, CAG – Right to information- Empowerment of womenConsumer protection forms
UNIT-VI. INDIAN ECONOMY
- Nature of Indian economy- Five-year plan models-an assessment-Land reforms & agriculture-Application of science in agriculture-Industrial growthRural welfare-oriented programmers-Social sector problems – population, education, health, employment, poverty-Economic trends in Tamil Nadu
UNIT-VI. INDIAN NATIONAL MOVEMENT
- National renaissance-Emergence of national leaders-Gandhi, Nehru, Tagore Different modes of agitations-Role of Tamil Nadu in freedom struggle Rajaji, VOC, Periyar, Bharathiar & others
UNIT-VII. APTITUDE & MENTAL ABILITY TESTS
- Conversion of information to data-Collection, compilation and presentation of data – Tables, graphs, diagrams -Analytical interpretation of data – Simplification-Percentage-Highest Common Factor (HCF)-Lowest Common Multiple (LCM)-Ratio and Proportion-Simple interest-Compound interestArea-Volume-Timeand Work-Logical Reasoning-Puzzles-Dice-Visual Reasoning-Alpha numeric Reasoning-Number Series.
SYLLABUS – GENERAL ENGLISH
S.S.L.C. Standard (Objective Type)
1. Match the following words and Phrases given in Column A with their meanings in
2.Choose the correct ‘Synonyms’ for the underlined word from the options given
3. Choose the correct ‘Antonyms’ for the underlined word from the options given
4. Select the correct word (Prefix, Suffix)
5. Fill in the blanks with suitable Article
6. Fill in the blanks with suitable Preposition
7. Select the correct Question Tag
8. Select the correct Tense
9. Select the correct Voice
10. Fill in the blanks (Infinitive, Gerund, Participle)
11. Identify the sentence pattern of the following sentence (Subject, Verb, Object….)
Blanks with correct ‘Homophones’
12. Find out the Error (Articles, Prepositions, Noun, Verb, Adjective, Adverb)
14. Select the correct sentence
15. Find out the odd words (Verb, Noun, Adjective, Adverb)
16. Select the correct Plural forms
17. Identify the sentence (Simple, Compound, Complex Sentense)
18. Identify the correct Degree.
19.Form a new word by blending the words.
20.Form compound words (Eg: Noun+Verb, Gerund+Noun)
1.Figures of speech observed in the following Poems:
Alliteration – Allusion – Simile – Metaphor – Personification – Oxymoron –Onomatopoeia – Anaphora – Ellipsis – Rhyme Scheme – Rhyming Words – Repetition – Apostrophe – A Psalm of Life – Women’s Rights – The Nation United – English words – Snake – The Man He Killed – Off to outer space tomorrow morning – Sonnet No.116 – The Solitary Reaper – Be the Best – O Captain My Captain – Laugh and Be Merry – Earth – Don’t quit – The Apology – Be Glad your Nose is on your face – A sonnet for my Incomparable Mother – The Flying Wonder – To a Millionaire – The Piano – Manliness – Going for water – The cry of the Children – Migrant Bird – Shilpi.
2.Appreciation Questions from Poetry
A Psalm of Life – Women’s Rights – The Nation United – English words – Snake – The Man He Killed – Off to outer space tomorrow morning – Sonnet No.116 – The Solitary Reaper – Be the Best – O Captain My Captain – Laugh and Be Merry – Earth – Don’t quit – The Apology – Be Glad your Nose is on your face – A sonnet for my Incomparable Mother – The Flying Wonder – To a Millionaire – The Piano – Manliness – Going for water – The cry of the Children – Migrant Bird – Shilpi.
3.Important lines from Poems.
Where the mind is without fear – The Solitary Reaper – Going for water – A Psalm of Life – Be the Best – Sonnet No.116
4.Questions on the Biography of
Mahatma Gandhi – Jawaharlal Nehru – Subash Chandra Bose – Helen Keller – Kalpana Chawala – Dr.Salim Ali – Rani of Jhansi – Nelson Mandela – Abraham Lincoln
5.Questions on Shakespeare’s
Merchant of Venice (Act IV Court Scene) – Julius Ceasar (Act III Scene 2) – Sonnet 116
6.Questions from Oscar Wilde’s
The Model Millionaire – The Selfish Giant
Music-The Hope Raiser
8.Comprehension Questions from the following Motivational Essays:
Gopala Krishna Gokhale’s Speech on 25th July in Mumbai in response to The address presented to him by students- Dale Carnegie’s ‘The Road to success- Dr.APJ Abdul Kalam’s ‘Vision for the Nation’(from ‘India2020’) – Ruskin Bond’s ‘Our Local Team’ – Hope Spencer’s ‘Keep your spirits high’ – Deepa Agarwal’s ‘After the storm’ – Brian patten’s ‘You can’t be that no you can’t be that’
9.Comprehension Questions from the following description of Places
Ahtushi Deshpande’s ‘To the land of snow’ – Manohar Devadoss – Yaanai Malai – Brihadeesvarar Temple
10.British English – American English
Authors and their Literary Works
1.Match the Poems with the Poets
A psalm of Life – Be the Best – The cry of the children – The Piano – Manliness Going for water – Earth -The Apology – Be Glad your Nose is on your face – The Flying Wonder -Is Life But a Dream – Be the Best – O captain My Captain – Snake – Punishment in Kindergarten -Where the Mind is Without fear – The Man He Killed – Nine Gold Medals
2.Which Nationality the story belongs to?
The selfish Giant – The Lottery Ticket – The Last Leaf – How the Camel got its Hump – Two Friends – Refugee – The Open Window
3.Identify the Author with the short story
The selfish Giant – The Lottery Ticket – The Last Leaf – How the Camel got its Hump – Two Friends – Refugee – The Open Window – A Man who Had no Eyes – The Tears of the Desert – Sam The Piano – The face of Judas Iscariot – Swept Away – A close encounter – Caught Sneezing – The Wooden Bowl – Swami and the sum
4.Whose Autobiography / Biography is this?
5.Which Nationality the Poet belongs to?
Robert Frost – Archibald Lampman – D.H. Lawrence – Rudyard Kipling Kamala Das – Elizabeth Barrett Browning – Famida Y. Basheer – Thomas Hardy – Khalil Gibran – Edgar A. Guest – Ralph Waldo Emerson – Jack Prelutsky – F. Joanna – Stephen Vincent Benet – William Shakespeare – William Wordsworth – H.W. Long Fellow – Annie Louisa walker – Walt Whitman – V.K. Gokak
6.Characters, Quotes, Important Lines from the following works of Indian
Sahitya Akademi Award winner: Thakazhi Sivasankaran Pillai –‘Farmer’ Kamala Das – 1. Punishment in Kindergarten 2. My Grandmother’s House R.K. Narayan – Swami and the sum – Rabindranath Tagore – Where the mind is without fear – Dhan Gopal Mukherji – Kari, The Elephant – Deepa Agarwal – After the Storm – Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam – Vision for the Nation Indra Anantha Krishna- The Neem Tree – Lakshmi Mukuntan- The Ant Eater and the Dassie – Dr. Neeraja Raghavan – The Sun Beam
7.Drama Famous lines, characters, quotes from
Julius Caesar – The Merchant of Venice
8. Match the Places, Poet, Dramatist, Painter with suitable option
9. Match the following Folk Arts with the Indian State / Country
10. Match the Author with the Relevant Title/Character
11. Match the Characters with Relevant Story Title
The Selfish Giant – How the camel got its hump – The Lottery ticket – The Last Leaf – Two friends – Refugee – Open window – Reflowering – The Necklace Holiday
12. About the Poets
Rabindranath Tagore – Henry Wordsworth Longfellow – Anne Louisa Walker -V K Gokak – Walt Whitman – Douglas Malloch
13. About the Dramatists
William Shakespeare – Thomas Hardy
14. Mention the Poem in which these lines occur
Granny, Granny, please comb My Hair – With a friend – To cook and Eat – To India – My Native Land – A tiger in the Zoo – No men are foreign – Laugh and be Merry – The Apology – The Flying Wonder
15. Various works of the following Authors –
Rabindranath Tagore – Shakespeare – William Wordsworth – H.W. Longfellow – Anne Louisa Walker – Oscar Wilde – Pearl S. Buck
16. What is the theme observed in the Literary works?
Snake – The Mark of Vishnu – Greedy Govind – Our Local Team – Where the mind is without fear – Keep your spirits high – Be the best – Bat – The Piano – The Model Millionaire – The Cry of the Children – Migrant bird – Shilpi
17. Famous Quotes – Who said this?
18. To Which period the Poets belong
William Shakespeare – Walt Whitman – William Wordsworth – H.W. Longfellow Annie Louisa Walker – D.H. Lawrence
19. Matching the Poets and Poems
Discovery – Biking – Inclusion – Granny, Granny, please comb My Hair – With a Friend – To cook and Eat – Bat – To India – My Native Land – A tiger in the Zoo – No men are foreign – Laugh and be Merry – Earth – The Apology – The Flying Wonder – Off to outer space tomorrow morning – Be the best – Is life, but a dream – Women’s rights – The Nation united – English words – Snake – The man he killed
20. Nature centered Literary works and Global issue Environment and Conservation
Flying with moon on their wings – Migrant bird – Will Thirst Become – Unquenchable? – Going for Water – Swept away – Gaia tells her.
|Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|
|To Join Facebook||Click Here|
How many numbers of vacancies were allotted for the post?
There are various numbers of vacancies for the post.
What is the name of the post?
Candidates can apply for the post of Group 4.
How to download the Group 4 syllabus?
Candidates are advised to click the direct link to download the Syllabus.