TNPSC Civil Judge Exam Syllabus PDF 2023: The Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission is decided to recruit applicants for the post of Civil Judge. Candidates who are going to apply for the exam can check the Exam Syllabus/ Pattern & Scheme which are given below.
TNPSC Civil Judge Exam 2023 Syllabus Download:
|Name of the Board||Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission|
|Title of the Post||Civil Judge|
|Preliminary Exam Date||19.08.2023|
|Main Exam Date||28.10.2023 & 29.10.2023|
TNPSC Civil Judge Syllabus 2023 Exam Scheme:
The scheme of the examination will consist of three stages they are Preliminary Examination, Main Examination, and Viva–Voce Test.
TNPSC Civil Judge Exam Pattern 2023:
|Subject||Duration||Marks||Minimum Marks for a pass|
|SCs, SC(A)s and STs||BC(OBCM)s, BC(M)s and MBCs/DCs,||Others|
|Preliminary Examination (Objective Type)||3 hours||100||30 Marks||35 Marks||40 Marks|
|Subject||Duration||Maximum Marks||Minimum Marks for a pass in each Paper|
|Written (Descriptive Type)||SCs, SC(A)s and STs||BC(OBCM)s BC(M)s and MBCs/DCs,||Others|
|1.Translation Paper||3 hours||100||30% in each paper||35% in each paper||40% in each paper|
|2.Law Paper-I||3 hours||100|
|3.Law Paper-II||3 hours||100|
|4.Law Paper-III||3 hours||100|
|VIVA-VOCE TEST||–||60||Minimum marks for a pass in the viva Voce for all categories of candidates is 18|
TNPSC Civil Judge Exam Syllabus 2023:
Syllabus for the Preliminary Examination:
- The Code of Civil Procedure, 1908
- The Negotiable Instruments Act, 1881
- The Transfer of Property Act, 1882
- The Indian Contract Act, 1872
- The Specific Relief Act, 1963
- The Constitution of India
- The Tamil Nadu Buildings (Lease and Rent Control) Act, 1960 and Tamil Nadu
- Regulation of Rights and Responsibilities of Landlords and Tenants Act, 2017
- (Tamil Nadu Act 42 of 2017)
- The Code of Criminal Procedure, 1973
- The Indian Penal Code, 1860
- The Indian Evidence Act, 1872
- The Criminal Law (Amendment) Acts
- The Criminal Minor Acts (including Information Technology Act, 2000; The Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act, 2012)
Syllabus for the Main Examination:
- Translation Paper: Translation of passages from English to Tamil and from Tamil to English. The passages will be from Pleadings, Depositions, Orders, Judgments and Documents.
- Law Paper – I: The Code of Civil Procedure, 1908; The Code of Criminal Procedure, 1973; The Indian Evidence Act, 1872; Principles of Pleading and the Constitution of India (as Amended).
- Law Paper – II: Framing of Issues and Writing of Judgments in Civil Cases.
- Law Paper –III: Framing of charges and Writing of Judgments in Criminal Cases
The Viva-voce test shall be for sixty (60) marks and candidates of all categories shall obtain minimum 18 marks for a pass in the Viva-voce.
The last date to apply for the post is 30.06.2023.
The exam dates are 19.08.2023, 28.10.2023 and 29.10.2023.
The duration of the exam is 03 hours.