Tamil Nadu Affairs of July 2018
In this we have given, July Month Tamil Nadu Affairs and other important events held on that day. This is very important for all Competitive exams like TNPSC, UPSC, SSC, RRB, and other Examinations.
Tamil Nadu Affairs of July 2018:
|Chennai||Edappadi K. Palaniswami||Banwarilal Purohit|
TN Bar Council gets its first transperson member
- Satyashri Sharmila is the first transperson from Tamil Nadu to enrol in the Bar Council.
Area around Mudumalai to be declared an eco-sensitive zone
- In a move that would prohibit construction and commercial mining activities and restrict hotels and resorts near the Mudumalai Tiger Reserve in the Nilgiris, the Union Ministry of Environment, Forests and Climate Change issued a draft notification declaring 438 sq. km. of area around the reserve as an eco-sensitive zone (ESZ).
Tamil Nadu finally set to get Lokayukta
- A day before the expiry of the Supreme Court-set deadline for establishing the Lokayukta in the State, the Tamil Nadu Assembly adopted legislation for constituting the anti-corruption panel.
Chennai to host village food festival
- ‘Village Ticket to Uzhavar, Unavu and Unarvu’, the event will see participation of chefs from all the districts in Tamil Nadu who will make over 300-plus varieties of food.
ASI to upgrade seven monuments in Tamil Nadu
- The Archaeological Survey of India will upgrade the infrastructural and tourist-friendly facilities at seven sites in Tamil Nadu and work is already on at the Shore Temple in Mamallapuram.
- The Adarsh Monuments proposed to be upgraded by the Ministry of Culture include the Shore Temple in Mamallapuram, Vellore Fort, Brihadeeswarar Temple in Thanjavur, Kailasanathar Temple in Kancheepuram, Sittannavasal Caves, Gingee Fort and Moovar Koil in Kodumbalur.
Online bill passing system from October
- The Commissionerate of Treasuries and Accounts, Government of Tamil Nadu, will be rolling out the Online Bill Passing System and e-SR (service record digitalization) as a part of the Integrated Financial and Human Resource Management System, this October.
TN government sets up 24-hour helpline for inter-caste couples
- The Tamil Nadu government has informed the Madras High Court that a 24-hour helpline has been set up to investigate issues faced by inter-caste couples and offer them necessary assistance and protection.
A robot to clean manholes
- Kumbakonam became the first town in the State to acquire the Bandicoot Robotic Scavenger, developed by Genrobotics, a start-up promoted by a group of engineers from Kerala, would clear over 5,300 manholes of the underground sewer system.
Stanley reservoir reaches capacity
The Stanley Reservoir in Mettur achieved its full reservoir level (FRL) of 120 ft, marking the 39th time the water level at the dam has reached full capacity in its 85-year history. The last time this happened was in August 2013.
For Daily Current Affairs Click Here
For Daily Current Affairs Oneliner Click Here