Swachh Bharat Awards 2020 – Gujarat secures top spot. Union Minister for Jal Shakti Gajendra Singh Shekhawat has presented The Swachh Bharat Awards for the year 2020. Among the overall states Gujarat secures top position. Tirunelveli district of Tamil Nadu secured the top spot in district level.
- These awards are presented in three categories namely Swachh Sundar Samudayik Shouchalaya, Gandagi Mukth Bharat and Samudayik Shouchalaya Abhiyan.
- Khachrod block in Ujjain district in Madhya Pradesh was awarded the first position
- Chinnanur Village in Tamil Nadu bagged the top slot at Gram Panchayat level.
- Under the Samudayik Shouchalaya Abhiyan, Gujarat and Uttar Pradesh were awarded as the best performing states meanwhile Prayagraj and Bareilly got it for being the best performing districts.
- Under the Gandagi Mukth Bharat Mission, Haryana and Telangana were awarded the top slot.
- The Tirunelveli of Tamil Nadu got the first prize at district level
- The Chinnanur village of Tamil Nadu bagged the first prize a Gram Panchayat level Under the Samudayik Shouchalya category, the following won the prizes
Swachh Bharat Mission:
- Swachh Bharat Mission is a country-wide campaign initiated by the Government of India in 2014 to eliminate open defecation and improve solid waste management.
- The Government also launched Swachh Bharat Mission Phase II. This Phase II focuses on open defecation free plus (ODF+). This includes solid and liquid management.
About Jal Shakti Ministry:
- Union Minister: Gajendra Singh Shekhawat
- Minister of State: Rattan Lal Kataria
1) Which Ministry launched new version of India Water Resources Information System? – Jal Shakti Ministry
2) Name the Contest launched by Jal Shakti Ministry to reach out to people on the important subject of water conservation and management- ‘Water Heroes – Share Your Stories’
3) Ministry of Jal Shakti sanctioned how many crore rupees for implementation of Jal Jeevan Mission in Chhattisgarh? – Rs.445 crores
4) Who launched Ganga Aamantran Abhiyan in New Delhi? – Gajendra Singh Shekhawat
5) Headquarters of Jal Shakti Ministry located at – New Delhi
6) Which ministry launched ICT Grand Challenge with Jal Jeevan Mission? – Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology
|Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|