Summits and Conference in October 2018
In this we have given, October Month Important International and National Summits and Conferences and other important workshops, council and meetings details. This is very important for all Competitive exams like UPSC, SSC, RRB, and all PSC Examinations.
To Get Topic Wise Monthly Current Affairs PDF Join Our Whatsapp Group….
Whatsapp Group Click Here
International Summit & Conference:
|12th ASEM summit||Vice President M. Venkaiah Naidu left for Brussels in Belgium to attend the 12th Asia Europe Meeting (ASEM) summit. Theme “Global Partners for Global Challenges”.|
|13th India-Japan Annual Summit||Prime Minister Narendra Modi will visit to Japan on 28-29 of this month for the 13th India-Japan Annual Summit. This will be the fifth Annual Summit meeting between Prime Minister Modi and the Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe.|
|19th India-Russia Annual Bilateral Summit||Russian President Vladimir Putin will reach New Delhi on a two day visit to India to attend the 19th India-Russia Annual Bilateral Summit in New Delhi.|
|17th CHG meeting of SCO||External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj will be participating in the 17th Council of Heads of Government, CHG, meeting of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization to be held in Dushanbe, Tajikistan.|
|6th India International Silk Fair||Union Minister of Textiles, Smriti Zubin Irani, inaugurated the 6th India International Silk Fair (IISF) at Pragati Maidan in New Delhi.|
|8th European SMEs Congress||A delegation of 32 Indian SMEs led by Ms. Alka Arora, Joint Secretary, Ministry of MSME,is participating in the 8th European Congress on SMEs at Kotawice, Poland.|
|12th ASEAN Defence Ministers’ Meeting (ADMM)||Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman holds bilateral talks with her US, ASEAN counterparts in Singapore.|
|32nd world conference of World Union of Wholesale Markets||Union Minister of State for Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare Purushottam Rupal inaugurated the 32nd world conference of World Union of Wholesale Markets, WUWM at Gurugram, Haryana.This is for the first time a WUWM conference is being organised in India. Theme – ‘The Wholesale Markets in the Digital Era: Challenges and Opportunities.’|
|UN Day Concert 2018||The Permanent Mission of India to the UN is hosting the UN Day Concert 2018. Sarod maestro Amjad Ali Khan to perform at UN Day Concert pays homage to Mahatma Gandhi at an annual concert.|
|AFITA/WCCA 2018 Conference||International Conference of Asia Pacific Federation for Information Technology in Agriculture (AFITA) and World Congress on Computers in Agriculture (WCCA) is organised at IIT Bombay from October 24 to 26,2018|
|Global Agriculture Leadership Summit 2018||The Global Agriculture Leadership Summit 2018 opened in New Delhi. The theme of the 2-day summit is, ‘Connecting Farmers to Market’.|
|2nd International Conference on Primary Health Care||Shri J P Nadda addresses 2nd International Conference on Primary Health Care towards UHC & SDGs at Astana, Kazakhstan.|
|13th Annual Bilateral Summit between India and Japan||Prime Minister Narendra Modi reached Tokyo on a three-day tour to Japan to attend the 13th Annual Bilateral Summit between the two countries.|
|22nd National level meeting held between India and Myanmar||The 22nd National Level Meeting between India and Myanmar was held from 25 to 26 October, 2018. The two countries agreed on providing of security cooperation along with international border and facilitating movement of people and trade across the international border.|
|India-Italy Technology Summit||India-Italy Technology Summit in New Delhi, technology has made a medium for social justice, empowerment, inclusion, competent government system and transparency.|
|Expo Cihac||Trade Promotion Council of India (TPCI) is leading a contingent of 45 exhibitors, representing various sectors of the construction industry like building materials, construction equipment, interior furnishing, manufacturing and marketing of ceramic vitrified tiles to Expo Cihac in Mexico City.|
National Summit / Conference:
International Human Rights Conclave
- Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu addressing the International Human Rights Conclave in its Silver Jubilee celebration organized by the National Human Rights Commission, NHRC, in New Delhi.
International Sanitation Convention
- The Mahatma Gandhi International Sanitation Convention is being organised in New Delhi by the Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation to mark the beginning of the 150th birth anniversary celebrations of Mahatma Gandhi, also coinciding with the fourth anniversary of the launch of Swachh Bharat Mission.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi and United Nations Secretary-General António Guterres will address the convention.
1st Swachhata Mela at AIIMS
- Health Minister J P Nadda inaugurated the First Swachhata Mela organised by All India Institute of Medical Sciences, in New Delhi.
Inauguration of the first Assembly of the International Solar Alliance (ISA)
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate the first Assembly of the International Solar Alliance (ISA) in New Delhi this evening in the presence of UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres.
Inauguration of the second Indian Ocean Rim Association (IORA) Renewable Energy Ministerial meeting
- The event will also mark the inauguration of the second Indian Ocean Rim Association (IORA) Renewable Energy Ministerial meeting, and the Second Global RE-Invest, Renewable Energy Investors’ Meet and Expo.
- The second RE-INVEST aims at accelerating the worldwide effort to scale up renewable energy and connect the global investment community with Indian energy stakeholders.
PAN India Workshop on Prevention of Hazardous Cleaning of Sewers and Septic Tanks
- Union Minister for Social Justice and Empowerment Shri Thaawarchand Gehlot inaugurated a “PAN India Workshop on Prevention of Hazardous cleaning of sewers and septic tanks” organized by National Safai Karmcharis Finance & Development Corporation (NSKLFDC) under Ministry of Social Justice
National level entrepreneurship awareness campaign – Udyam Abhilasha
- Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI) has launched a national level entrepreneurship awareness campaign – Udyam Abhilasha, in 115 aspirational districts identified by NITI Aayog in 28 States.
‘Women in Detention and Access to Justice’ Conference
- The Bureau of Police Research and Development (BPR&D), Ministry of Home Affairs is organising the First ever Regional Conference at Shimla on ‘Women in Detention and Access to Justice’ in Himachal Pradesh.
Second IORA Renewable Energy Ministerial Meeting
- As many as 21 countries in the Indian Ocean Rim Association, IORA, adopted the Delhi Declaration on Renewable Energy in the Indian Ocean Region.
- These nations adopted the Delhi Declaration post the second IORA Renewable Energy Ministerial Meeting held in Greater Noida, near Delhi.
International Conference on Technological Advancements in Railway and Metro Projects (IC-TRAM 2018)
- Minister of Railways & Coal, Shri Piyush Goyal inaugurated International Conference on Technological Advancements in Railway and Metro Projects (IC-TRAM 2018) in New Delhi.
Commonwealth Parliamentary Conference of Indian Region
- The Commonwealth Parliamentary Conference of Indian Region will begin in Guwahati. Lok Sabha Speaker Sumitra Mahajan will attend the event along with Assam Chief Minister Sarbanand Sonowal.
International Conference on Women’s Health, Wellness and Empowerment
- The President of India, Shri Ram Nath Kovind, graced and addressed an International Conference on Women’s Health, Wellness and Empowerment organised by the Federation of Obstetric and Gynaecological Societies of India and the Kanpur Obstetric and Gynaecological Society in Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh.
India Skills 2018
- The country’s biggest skill competition, India Skills 2018 has concluded in New Delhi.
Revisiting Gandhi: The Art of Shelly Jyoti exhibition
- Union Minister of Textiles, Smt. Smriti Zubin Irani inaugurated the exhibition “Revisiting Gandhi: The Art of Shelly Jyoti” at IGNCA, New Delhi.
Silk Expo & Workshop
- Union Textiles Minister Smriti Irani inaugurated a three-day Silk Expo and Workshop on Silk Samagra in Imphal.
- Under the supervision of Prime Minister Narendra Modi, the Centre has enhanced funding to North East Region Textile Promotion Scheme (NERTPS) under which a large number of textile parks and textile units are currently functional in the North East region.
National Crisis Management Committee Meeting
- Cabinet Secretary P K Sinha chaired a meeting of the National Crisis Management Committee in New Delhi to take stock of preparatory measures in the wake of impending landfall of the cyclonic storm – TITLI along the coast between Odisha and north Andhra Pradesh.
Accountants General Conference
- The President of India, Shri Ram Nath Kovind, inaugurated the 29th Accountants General Conference in New Delhi.
13th Annual Convention of Central Information Commission
- President Ram Nath Kovind will inaugurate the 13th Annual Convention of Central Information Commission in New Delhi.
- The Convention will deliberate on three specific subjects – Data privacy and Right to Information, Amendment in the RTI Act and Implementation of the RTI Act.
Army Commanders Conference
- The Army Commanders’ Conference, an apex level biannual event, which formulates important policy decisions through collegiate deliberations, is being held in New Delhi from 09-15 October 2018.
5th Dental Surgeons Conference
- Vice President Venkaiah Naidu addresses 5th Dental Surgeons Conference in New Delhi.
6th meeting of UAE-India High-Level Joint Task Force on Investments
- India will soon set up a special UAE desk to facilitate investments and resolve any business issues between the two nations. Commerce Minister Suresh Prabhu made the announcement after co-chairing the sixth meeting of UAE-India High-Level Joint Task Force on Investments in Mumbai.
46th edition of IHGF-Delhi Fair
- Minister of State for Textiles Ajay Tamta on Sunday inaugurated the 46th edition of world’s largest IHGF-Delhi Fair at India Expo Centre and Mart at Greater Noida.
Road Show for Phase II of Indian Strategic Petroleum Reserves launched
- Government of India’s one of the key initiative towards energy security of the country – the strategic petroleum reserves program, envisions creation of additional crude oil reserves facilities in Private Public Partnership (PPP) mode and the road show for the same was launched in New Delhi by Shri Dharmendra Pradhan, Minister of Petroleum and Natural Gas ( MoP&NG) and Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (SDE).
6th meeting of NDMA
- The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi chaired the sixth meeting of National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) at New Delhi.
- Prime Minister reviewed the activities of NDMA to effectively manage and respond to disasters affecting the country.
Conclave on Capital Goods in Steel Sector
- Ministry of Steel is organising a Conclave on “Capital goods in Steel sector: Manufacture in India” in Bhubaneswar, Odisha, on 23rd October 2018.
- Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu will inaugurate the second edition of the Sagar conference at Bambolim, Goa being organised by the Forum for Integrated National Security (FINS).
‘Vishwa Shanti Ahimsa Sammelan’
- President Ram Nath Kovind inaugurated a three-day ‘Vishwa Shanti Ahimsa Sammelan’ at Mangi Tungi in Nashik district of Maharashtra.
4th edition of NITI Lecture Series on artificial intelligence
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will attend the fourth edition of NITI Lecture Series being organised at Vigyan Bhawan in New Delhi.
- Theme is ‘Artificial Intelligence for All: Leveraging Artificial Intelligence for Inclusive Growth’.
International Arya Mahasammelan-2018
- The President of India, Shri Ram Nath Kovind, inaugurated the International Arya Mahasammelan – 2018 (October 25, 2018) in Delhi.
10th Nuclear Energy Conclave
- Dr Jitendra Singh inaugurates 10th Nuclear Energy Conclave on the theme: ‘Nuclear Power- Towards a Clean & Base Load Energy’ in New Delhi.
- Kaiga Atomic Power Station unit sets world record among PHWR for operating uninterrupted for 895 days.
North East festival
- The 5-day extravaganza Experiencing North East festival will begin at the India International Centre in New Delhi.
- The festival, depicting the uniqueness of North Eastern culture is being organised by North Eastern Council, Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region in collaboration with India International Centre.
5th edition of Women of India National Organic Fest 2018
- Women and Child Development Minister Maneka Gandhi inaugurated the 5th edition of Women of India National Organic Fest 2018 in New Delhi.
India Mobile Congress (IMC) 2018
- India Mobile Congress (IMC) showcasing the latest and the best in digital communications technologies, products, services, and applications; and establishing the future horizons. Theme “New Digital Horizons – Connect. Create. Innovate.”
Conference on Innovation in Cyberspace, Cyber Security Challenges & Innovations
- Defence Research and Development Organization, DRDO organised a day-long conference on “CCTNS–Good practices and Success Stories” organised by National Crime Record Bureau (NCRB) in New Delhi.
5th National Summit on Public Health Care
- The 5th National Summit on Good and Replicable Practices and Innovations in Public Health Care Systems in India began at Kaziranga in Assam.
Financial Stability and Development Council Meeting
The Financial Stability and Development Council, FSDC, held a meeting in New Delhi which was presided over by Finance Minister Arun Jaitley.
2018 Current Affairs Download – Click Here