Summits and Conference in June 2019
In this we have given, June Summits and Conference and other important events held on that day. This is very important for all Competitive exams like UPSC, SSC, RRB, and all PSC Examinations.
To Get Topic Wise Monthly Current Affairs PDF Join Our Whatsapp Group….
Whatsapp Group Click Here
International Summit & Conference:
Global Entrepreneurship Summit:
- The Global Entrepreneurship Summit (GES) 2019 on June 4 is being hosted by the governments of the United States of America and the Kingdom of the Netherlands, and is the first edition of the event to be held in the European Union.
- The ninth edition of the Global Entrepreneurship Summit is being held in The Hague with a number of entrepreneurs from across the world, including 27 from India, gathering to share their insights and showcase their ideas on a world stage.
India-China Bilateral Dialogue on Disarmament & Non-Proliferation:
- The 6th round of India-China Bilateral Dialogue on Disarmament and Non-Proliferation was held in New Delhi.The two sides exchanged views on a variety of issues of mutual interest related to disarmament, non-proliferation and arms control. They decided to continue the dialogue at regular intervals in future.
2nd Global Disability Summit:
- The “2nd Global Disability Summit” to be held at Buenos Aires, Argentina during 6-8 June 2019. The objective of the summit is to deliberate on issues across the world concerning empowerment and inclusion of Persons with Disabilities (PwDs) and to work out a mechanism for enabling them to live an independent and dignified life. The Union Minister had also attended the ‘1st Global Disability Summit’ held in London in July 2018.
G-20 Finance Ministers Meeting
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman will attend the two-day meeting of G-20 Finance Ministers and Central Bank governors in Japan on June 8 and 9, according to a government official. The meeting is likely to focus on risks and challenges being faced by the global economy, investment in infrastructure and international taxation.
- The deliberations at the meeting would be followed by the G-20 Leaders’ Summit scheduled on June 28-29 at Osaka.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has left for Bishkek, the capital of Kyrgyzstan this morning to attend the meeting of Council of Heads of States of Shanghai Cooperation Organization -SCO. Important issues including global security situation, multilateral economic cooperation, people-to-people exchanges and topical issues of international and regional importance will be discussed during the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation Summit. Afghanistan will also be one of the focus areas in the summit.
“12th Conference of States Parties to Convention to Rights of PwDs”
- Mrs Shakuntala Doley Gamlin, Secretary, Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (DEPwD) under Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment participated in “12th Conference of States Parties to the Convention to Rights of Persons with Disabilities” at the UN Headquarters, New York.
- She informed the international community that India is fully committed to the implementation of UNCRPD and SDGs.The main focus of India has been to create accessibility, provide aids and appliances and rehabilitation services to meet psychosocial challenges, and finding IT solutions to make the lives of Divyangjans more simple and satisfying.
16th Asia media summit
- The 16th Asia media summit that kicked-off in Cambodia is deliberating on many issues pertaining to the media and broadcasting industry. The plenary discussed on the current situations in developing markets as to adapt to the new technological possibilities.
- External Affairs Minister, Dr S. Jaishankar, will attend the two days 5th Conference on Interaction and Confidence Building Measures in Asia, CICA, Summit in Dushanbe, Tajikistan. CICA is a pan-Asia forum for enhancing cooperation and promoting peace, security and stability in Asia.
- India is a member of CICA since its inception and late Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee had participated in the first CICA Summit held in 2002 in Almaty. India has been actively participating in various activities conducted under the aegis of CICA.
India-Kyrgyz Business Forum
- PM Narendra Modi and Kyrgyzstan President Jeenbekov inaugurated Indian-Kyrgyz Business forum in Bishkek. The two leaders also asked their business communities to explore the untapped potential for deepening bilateral relations between the two countries. After the bilateral meetings 15 agreements were signed for the strengthening of bilateral cooperation in a wide range of areas including strategic defence partnership.
Kimberley Process Intersessional Meeting 2019
- The Intersessional meeting of Kimberley Process (KP) is being hosted by India from 17th to 21st June, 2019 in Mumbai. Besides meetings of different Working Groups and Committees of the Kimberley Process Certification Scheme (KPCS), two special forums regarding Diamond Terminology and Artisanal Mining – Small Steps to Larger Outcomes, will be held during the Intersessional. Around 300 delegates from the Government of India and other participating countries, industry and civil society will be attending the five-day Meeting.
- India is one of the founder members of Kimberley Process Certification Scheme and is the Chair of Kimberley Process for the year 2019 with Russian Federation as Vice Chair. India had earlier chaired KPCS in the year 2008.
G20 Ministerial Meeting on Energy Transitions and Global Environment for Sustainable Growth
- The G20 Ministerial Meeting on Energy Transitions and Global Environment for Sustainable Growth being held in Karuizawa, Nagano Prefecture, Japan on 15-16 June, 2019. Shri RK Singh, Minister of State for Power and New & Renewable Energy (IC) and Skill Development & Entrepreneurship highlighted the pathbreaking achievements in household electrification and providing energy access to all in India. The Minister also mentioned about the progressive steps towards the achievement of our target to fulfill our commitment made in Paris Agreement on Climate Change.
African Union summit
- India has extended 15 million dollars grant assistance to Niger in support of organizing of the African Union summit scheduled from 7th of July in capital Niamey. The External Affairs Ministry in a statement said, the support of grant assistance was in response to a specific request made by Government of Niger. Niger is hosting the AU Summit for the first time. The AU Summit in Niamey is also expected to launch the historic African Continental Free Trade Area, AfCFTA.
14th G20 Summit in Osaka on June 28 and 29
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will attend the 14th G20 Summit in Osaka, Japan on 28th and 29th of this month. More than 20 countries will be participating in the G20 Summit. Informal meeting of the BRICS leaders and bilateral meetings with other leaders would also take place on the sidelines of the summit. India has participated in all the G20 Summits held so far. It will host the G20 summit in 2022 for the first time.
32nd Congress of the International Seed Testing Association (ISTA)
- The 32nd Congress of the International Seed Testing Association (ISTA) was started in Hyderabad with Union Minister of State for Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare, Kailash Choudhary formally inaugurating the 8-day event. The Seed Congress is being held for the first time in South Asia.
Third Indo-French cyber dialogue
- The third Indo-French cyber dialogue was held in Paris with the intergovernmental meeting co-chaired by Henri Verdier, French Ambassador for Digital Affairs, and Upender Singh Rawat, Joint Secretary in charge of e-Governance, Information Technology and Cyber Diplomacy at the Ministry of External Affairs.
- During this dialogue, both parties shared their threat analysis and presented the latest developments in their respective cyber policies and steps taken for the protection of critical national infrastructure. They also exchanged views on the fight against cybercrime and the use of the Internet for terrorist purposes. France and India will maintain a continuous dialogue on cybersecurity in order to address their shared concerns.
International workshop on piracy related issues
- A two-day international workshop on issues related with piracy and armed robbery began in New Delhi. The workshop is being organised by the Indian Coast Guard in cooperation with the Regional Cooperation Agreement on Combating Piracy and Armed Robbery against Ships in Asia (ReCAAP). Presently, 20 countries are members of the ReCAAP. Officials of concerned ministries and members of the Diplomatic Corps are attending the workshop. The participants are being trained on issues related to piracy and armed robbery such as international laws, prosecution process, forensics and emerging threats.
Meeting of Expert Working Group of Paris Pact Initiative of UNODC
- The Department of Revenue, Ministry of Finance hosted in New Delhi a Meeting of Expert Working Group on Paris Pact Initiative on Illicit Financial Flows deriving from the trafficking of Opiates originating in Afghanistan. The Meeting consists of Sessions spread over two days on 27th and 28th June, 2019 and was organised with the support of United Nations Office on Drugs & Crimes (UNODC).
- Paris Pact is a group of 58 countries and 23 International Organisations affected with drug trafficking of Afghan Opiates. Under the ambit of UNODC, Paris Pact Initiative has addressed the issue of drug problem related to opiates originating in Afghanistan, both at policy and implementation level. It has provided the platform for the Member Countries and International Organizations to coordinate and combat the trafficking and consumption of opiates on the principle of common and shared responsibility.
G20 Ministerial meeting on Trade and Digital Economy
- The Union Minister of Commerce and Industry & Railways, Piyush Goyal, is leading the Indian delegation for the G20 Ministerial meeting on Trade and Digital Economy being held on 8th – 9th June, 2019 in Tsukuba city, Ibaraki Prefecture, Japan.
- The Indian Commerce Minister will discuss developments in the global trade situation, WTO matters and digital trade. He will also hold dialogue with other participating Trade Ministers on current international trade and investments. For the first time Ministers of the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) and Commerce will participate in a joint session on Digital Economy at the G20Ministerial Meeting.
Business leaders forum
- Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur addressed prominent business leaders of UAE during a business leaders forum in Dubai. He said that the state offers attractive incentives under its industrial policy to boost investments. An MoU was signed between Sharaf Group and Government of Himachal Pradesh to explore investment possibility in the logistic park, dry port and supporting infrastructure.
National Summit / Conference:
International Convention in New Delhi to Mark International MSME Day
- The Ministry of Micro Small and Medium Enterprises is organizing an international convention on the theme “Indian MSMEs, Global Aspirations” in New Delhi to observe the International MSME Day. Further, as part of continued celebrations, the second edition of the International SME Convention 2019 will be held from 28th – 29th June .
Maritime Information Sharing Workshop 2019
- A Defence Ministry release said that over 41 delegates from 29 countries of the Indian Ocean Region, IOR and beyond are participating in the two-day event. In the course of two days, the MISW aims to acquaint participants about Information Fusion Centre-Indian Ocean Region, IFC-IOR, its information sharing mechanisms and promote sharing of best practices in this field.
Conference of SVEEP Nodal Officers
- A two-day National Conference of SVEEP or Systematic Voters’ Education and Electoral Participation Nodal Officers was organized by the Election Commission of India on June 10-11, 2019 at TERI Retreat in Gurugram to review the strategy and implementation of outreach programmes during Lok Sabha Election 2019 and to chalk out the blueprint for the next 5 years.
Governing Council of NITI Aayog
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will chair the fifth Governing Council Meeting of NITI Aayog on 15th of this month at Rashtrapati Bhawan. The agenda before the Meeting include rain-water harvesting, drought situation and relief measures, aspirational districts programme, transforming agriculture, and security-related issues with a specific focus on Left Wing Extremism districts.
World Food India to be held in New Delhi
- Food Processing Industries Minister Harsimrat Kaur Badal World Food India will be held in New Delhi from 1st of November this year. She said, the event which will continue till 4th November, will position India as Food Processing Destination of the World.
Fourth edition of National Yoga Olympiad
- A three day National Yoga Olympiad of school children, organised by the National Council of Educational Research and Training is being held at Chacha Nehru Bhawan in New Delhi. The Olympiad was inaugurated by the Director and UNESCO Representative for India, Mr. Eric Falt in the presence of Director NCERT, Professor Hrushikesh Senapaty. This is the fourth edition of National Yoga Olympiad. It was first started in the year
20th Meeting of the Financial Stability and Development Council
- The 20th Meeting of the Financial Stability and Development Council (FSDC) was held under the Chairmanship of the Union Minister of Finance and Corporate Affairs, Smt. Nirmala Sitharaman in New Delhi.The Meeting reviewed the current global and domestic economic situation and financial stability issues including, inter-alia, those concerning Banking and NBFCs.
National Workshop on Experience Sharing under Shyama Prasad Mukherji Rurban Mission
- The Union Minister of Rural Development, Panchayati Raj, Agriculture & Farmers’ Welfare Shri Narendra Singh Tomar inaugurated a one day workshop on experience sharing under Shyama Prasad Mukherji Rurban Mission (SPMRM) in New Delhi. SPMRM focuses on cluster based integrated development through Geo – spatial Planning for holistic development of the region while encouraging innovation and integrated and inclusive rural development.
Capacity Building Program on ‘Electoral Technology’ for Election Officials of Myanmar
- The India International Institute of Democracy and Election Management (IIIDEM) (ECI) organized five day training programme on Use of Technology in Elections for Election Officials of Union Election Commission of Myanmar in New Delhi.
- The ongoing Capacity Building Programs on Electoral technology is the 7th program in the series of the 09 programs scheduled across 2018-2019. The program is being attended by the mid and senior level officers of Election Commission of Myanmar and the program is being conducted by the experienced resource persons from Election Commission of India.
Training Workshop for implementing teams of Van Dhan Yojana Organized
- A workshop to flag the 100 days’ plan for implementation of the Van Dhan Scheme was organised by TRIFED of Ministry of Tribal Affiars in New Delhi. The workshop was inaugurated and chaired by Minister for Tribal Affairs, Shri Arjun Munda. The Van Dhan program workshop was organised for training of implementing teams of Van Dhan Yojana.
Conclave on ‘Transforming North East India through Science and Technology’
- In Meghalaya, a two-day North East Conclave 2019 on ‘Transforming North East India through Science and Technology’ began at Shillong. It has been organised by the Institute of Bio-resources and Sustainable Development (IBSD).
Current Affairs 2019 Video for All Competitive Exams
To Follow Channel – Click Here
Whatsapp Group Click Here
Telegram Channel Click Here