5.31 lakh Posts in State Police Forces Have Been Vacant as on 01.01.2020- Said By BPRD:
BPR&D has been publishing the “Data on Police Organizations” in India, since 1986, annually. “Data on Police Organizations” in India (DoPO), has been prepared on the basis of the data provided by the States/UTs, CAPFs and other Central Police Organizations. This data notice contains the details of Police – Population Ratio (PPR) (Per Lakh of Population), Police – Area Ratio (PAR) (Per 100 Sq. Km. of Area), Population per Police Person (PPP), Area per Police Person (APP) (in Sq. Km.), Transport per 100 Police Personnel (TPP) and others. Now let’s take a look into the important data in this report.
BPRD Data on Police Organizations as on 01.01.2020 Details:
- According to the data, the total sanctioned police forces in states and union territories is 26,23,225, while there are 20,91,488 police personnel actually in service. Therefore, 5,31,737 posts in police forces are lying vacant as on 01.01.2020.
- The sanctioned Population per Police Person (PPP) is 511.81 and the sanctioned Police Population Ratio (PPR), police personnel per lakh of population, is 195.39. The sanctioned Police Area Ratio (PAR) per 100 sq km is 79.80.
- The percentage of Woman Police is 10.30% of the Actual Strength of the total Police force in the country. The Woman Population per Woman Police (WPWP) is 3,026.89.
- An amount of Rs.1,566.85 crore was spent on police training at the all India level in the year 2019-20, out of the total police expenditure of Rs. 1,38,794.32 crore during the same year.
- Total sanctioned strength of the Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs) is 11,09,511 though the actual strength as on January 1, 2020, is 9,82,391. The gap of 1,27,120 personnel remains.
- This data contains more details about Police Organization. The important details only provided here. Readers can download the full data from the official site. The direct link to this is provided below in this page. Keep in touch with us for the regular important updates.
|Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|
|Online Classes||Click Here|
The candidates who want to download the BPRD Data on Police Organizations can using the link provided above.
The BPRD Data on Police Organizations can be used by the administers of government and officers in government organization
This is for the first time in the history of BPR&D that the annual data for a particular year has been released during the year itself.