State Current Affairs – October 2018
In this we have given, October Month State Wise Current Affairs and their other details. This is very important for all Competitive exams like UPSC, SSC, RRB, and all PSC Examinations.
To Get Topic Wise Monthly Current Affairs PDF Join Our Whatsapp Group….
Whatsapp Group Click Here
|Hyderabad (Amaravati)||N. Chandrababu Naidu||E. S. L. Narasimhan|
Tirupati bans plastic carry bags
- Ban on plastic carry bags came into force in Tirupati on Gandhi Jayanti day.
Appeal to accord special category status
- The Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu has appealed to 15th Finance Commission to accord special category status to the state.
|Dispur||Sarbananda Sonowal||Jagdish Mukhi|
Guwahati sports India’s ‘tallest’ national flag
- The Assam government celebrated the 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi by unfurling India’s tallest National Flag from the average city elevation. The 9,600 sq ft flag stands on a 319.5 ft flag pole at Gandhi Mandap, a memorial for Mahatma Gandhi atop the Sarania Hill
Assam Assembly passes amendment in GST Act
- The Assam Assembly has passed an amendment in the GST Act by exempting GST registration for companies having up to 20 lakh rupees turnover per annum.
Assam govt to provide 1 lakh shallow tubewells to farmers
- Assam government to provide 1 lakh shallow tubewells to small and marginal farmers.
New Roll on -Roll off facility
- Inland Waterways Authority of India has started a new Roll on -Roll off facility in collaboration with the Assam government for Majuli Island district.
- Assam Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal flagged off the Ro-Ro Service.
Second Guwahati International Film Festival
- In Assam, the second Guwahati International Film Festival begins. Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal will inaugurate the festival.
|Chief Minister||Lieutenant Governor|
|Arvind Kejriwal||Anil Baijal|
‘Walkthon’ for Senior Citizens
- Shri Thaawarchand Gehlot, Union Minister for Social Justice & Empowerment flagged off a “Walkthon” for older persons and senior citizens to celebrate the International Day of Older Persons at Commonwealth Games Village Stadium, near Akshardham Mandir.
Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (IBBI) celebrated its Annual Day
- To commemorate its establishment on 1st October, 2016, the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (IBBI) has instituted an Annual Day Lecture in New Delhi.
Rejuvenated Lake and Illumination of Purana Qila
- Rejuvenated Lake and Illumination of Purana Qila inaugurated by Dr. Mahesh Sharma, in Delhi.
Multimedia exhibition on 150 years of Mahatma Gandhi’s birth anniversary
- A week-long multimedia exhibition on 150 years of Mahatma Gandhi’s birth anniversary is being held in New Delhi.
Air Quality Warning System launched
- Minister Dr Harshvardhan unveiled an Air Quality early warning system for Delhi region, in New Delhi designed with the help of American and Finnish models to predict extreme air pollution levels.
Foundation Stone of National Institute of Homeopathy at Narela
- Union Minister of State for AYUSH Shri Shripad Yesso Naik laid the foundation stone of National Institute of Homeopathy at Narela.
Foundation stone for Museum on Prime Ministers of India
- Minister Mahesh Sharma and Minister Hardeep Singh Puri laid the foundation stone for Museum on Prime Ministers of India in New Delhi.
|Gandhinagar||Vijay Rupani||Om Prakash Kohli|
PM inaugurates LNG terminal and pipeline projects at Anjar
- The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi inaugurated the Mundra LNG terminal, the Anjar-Mundra Pipeline Project and the Palanpur-Pali-Barmer pipeline project, at Anjar.
PM Inaugurates modern food processing facilities in Anand
- The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi, inaugurated modern food processing facilities, including Amul’s ultra-modern Chocolate Plant, at Anand.
World’s tallest statue, the Statue of Unity to be unveiled on 31st October
- The world’s tallest statue, the Statue of Unity dedicated to the iron man of India Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel is all set to be unveiled by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 31st October, the birth anniversary of Sardar Patel.
Gujarat govt declares 51 talukas as water scarcity hit
- The Gujarat government declared 51 talukas, comprising 3,291 villages, as scarcity hit owing to scanty rains.
Unique Ro-Pax ferry service launched
- In Gujarat, an unique Ro-Pax ferry service between Ghogha and Dahej was launched by Chief Minister Vijay Rupani.
First Mega Food Park in Surat
- Union Minister Smt Harsimrat Badal inaugurates Gujarat’s first Mega Food Park in Surat; says 2nd Park in Mehsana sanctioned.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi dedicated to the nation Statue of Unity
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi dedicated to the nation Statue of Unity, built in honour of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel at Kevadiya in Narmada district of Gujarat.
- 182-metre statue of the Iron Man of India, world’s tallest, unveiled on his 143rd birth anniversary.
- The statue will remind the world about the courage of the man who thwarted attempts to disintegrate India.
|Bengaluru||H. D. Kumaraswamy||Vajubhai Vala|
8th International Food Convention in December
- The 8th International Food Convention (#IFCON-2018), a mega event of the Association of Food Scientists and Technologists (I) in association with the CSIR-Central Food Technological Research Institute (CFTRI) and DRDO-Defence Food Research Laboratory (DFRL), will be held in Mysuru.
Health department begins drive against H1N1
- Karnataka Health department has started a drive against H1N1 or swine flu. The move comes as 400 positive cases of the flu were reported in the state since January this year.
Mobile application ‘Chunavana’
- In Karnataka, the Election Commission will provide a pick-up and drop facility for the differently abled voters to enable them to exercise their franchise without difficulty.
- The facility launched for the first time in the country as a pilot project can be booked in advance through a mobile application ‘Chunavana’ till midnight of November 1.
|Thiruvananthapuram||Pinarayi Vijayan||P. Sathasivam|
Red Button Public Robotic Spectrum (RBPRS), an intelligent robotic terminal
- Red Button Public Robotic Spectrum (RBPRS), an intelligent robotic terminal to help the public to reach out to police and track crimes, will be installed at two places in Cherthala.
Rekha Nair new RCC director
- Rekha Nair, Additional Professor of Pathology at the Regional Cancer Centre (RCC), has been appointed the new director of the institution. Dr. Rekha Nair is the first woman to head the RCC, the oldest and the premier cancer treatment centre in the State.
Foundation for India’s largest Dry Dock
- Union Minister for Shipping, Road Transport and Highways, Nitin Gadkari laid the foundation for the country’s largest Dry Dock at Cochin Shipyard in Kerala.
- It is being constructed at a cost of 1,799 rupees crore and will be completed by May 2021.
|Bhopal||Shivraj Singh Chouhan||Anandiben Patel|
Establishment of National Institute of Mental Health Rehabilitation
- Cabinet approves establishment of National Institute of Mental Health Rehabilitation in Sehore District instead of Bhopal.
Election Commission bans poll campaign through SMS, Whatsapp
- In Madhya Pradesh, the Election Commission has banned the poll campaign through SMS and Whatsapp Call from 10 in night to 6 in the morning for the Assembly election.
Election commission is establishing 500 pink booths
- In Madhya Pradesh, the election commission is establishing 500 pink booths in the state for the assembly election.
|Mumbai||Devendra Fadnavis||Chennamaneni Vidyasagar Rao|
Plastic ban implementation in Maharashtra to be stricter
- Plastic ban implementation in Maharashtra is expected to be stricter as the Maharashtra Pollution Control Board (MPCB) has instructed its officials to initiate action against plastic manufacturers violating a ban imposed on the product in the state from October 1
Maharashtra brings in 31 GST reforms
- Maharashtra government brought in 31 reforms in the state GST structure to promote ease of doing business. The changes have been brought in for the first time since the introduction of the GST.
GI Tag for Alphonso from Konkan
- Alphonso from Ratnagiri, Sindhudurg, Palghar, Thane and Raigad districts of Maharashtra, is registered as Geographical Indication (GI).
Hindustani classical musician Annapurna Devi passes away
- Renowned Hindustani musician Annapurna Devi passed away at 91. Annapurna Devi was an Indian Surbahar player of Hindustani classical music and she was the daughter and disciple of Allauddin Khan. She was married to sitar maestro Pandit Ravi Shankar.
Government proposes to extend benefits of Employees Provident Fund
- The Maharashtra government has proposed to extend benefits of Employees Provident Fund (EPF) as well as insurance schemes to those cutting, harvesting and transporting sugarcane.
Government declares drought in 180 Tehsils of state
- The Maharashtra cabinet has declared drought-like situation in 180 tehsils of the state. The cabinet also announced eight schemes to provide relief in the affected areas.
Internet connection and free set top boxes to be provided to one lakh homes
- An MoU in this regard was signed in Mumbai today between Education Department and Stream cost company to provide e-education in rural parts of the state, internet connection and free set top boxes will be provided to one lakh homes in Sindhudurg district in Maharashtra.
|Shillong||Conrad Sangma||Tathagata Roy|
Blue Revolution to be launched
- Meghalaya to launch Blue Revolution: Integrated Development and Management of Fisheries.
Textile Ministry to construct textile tourism complex
- Minister of State for Textiles, Ajay Tamta has said that the Ministry will release 7.8 crore rupees for the construction of a textile tourism complex in Nongpoh, Ri-Bhoi district of Meghalaya.
Textile tourism complex
- Textile Ministry to release Rs 7.8 Cr for construction of textile tourism complex in Nangpoh, Meghalaya.
|Jaipur||Vasundhara Raje||Kalyan Singh|
Biggest Zika virus outbreak in Jaipur
- A total of 50 people have tested positive for Zika virus in Jaipur making it the biggest outbreak of the deadly disease in India so far. This development comes few days after the Prime Minister’s Office (PMO) sought a comprehensive report from the Health Ministry on the outbreak of Zika virus.
HM Rajnath Singh to celebrate Dussehra with BSF
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh will visit Bikaner in Rajasthan to be with the Border Security Force personnel guarding the Indo-Pakistan border and will celebrate Dussehra with them.
|Chennai||Edappadi K. Palaniswami||Banwarilal Purohit|
NE monsoon in Tamilnadu will bring 12% excess rainfall
- Northeast monsoon in Tamilnadu will bring 12% excess rainfall this year: IMD official
First printed Tirukkural to be republished after 165 years
- Sivalayam J. Mohan, to bring out the edition on October 5, exactly 165 years after it [1853 edition] was first published because it falls on the birthday of Ramalinga Vallalar.
Southern Railway becomes unmanned level crossing free zone
- The Southern Railway has said it has become Unmanned Level Crossing (UMLC) Free Zone, eliminating over 1,000 such level crossings.
Joint operations to combat Left Wing Extremism
- Odisha and Andhra Pradesh Police have decided to conduct joint operations and share information to effectively combat the Left Wing Extremism (LWE) in the border areas of the two states.
Tamil Nadu CM announces 3% sub-quota in recruitments for sportspersons
- The Tamil Nadu Chief Minister has announced that sportspersons would be given three percent sub-quota for recruitments in Government Departments and public sector undertakings.
India’s first engineless train
- Train 18, the country’s first engineless train, which is being regarded as a successor to the 30-year-old Shatabdi Express, is set to hit the tracks for trials on October 29. Train 18, the swanky 16-coach prototype, was developed by the Chennai-based Integral Coach Factory in 18 months.
Sukanya Samridhi Yojana in TN
- Tamil Nadu has created a national record by opening over 16 lakh postal savings accounts under the Sukanya Samridhi Yojana.
|Hyderabad||K Chandrasekhar Rao||E.S Lakshmi Narasimhan|
Siemens CoE to be set up at NIT
- A Siemens Centre of Excellence is proposed to be set up on the National Institute of Technology (NIT) campus here at a cost of Rs.210 crore.
Inauguration of NIT Warangal Diamond Jubilee Celebrations
- Vice President, M. Venkaiah Naidu inaugurated the Diamond Jubilee Celebrations of National Institute of Technology (NIT) in Warangal, Telangana.
Harsha becomes GM
- Harsha Bharathkoti has become the second Grandmaster from Telangana
Sri Lankan Police Officers participate in Industrail Security training program
- A team of 30 Sri Lankan Police Officers participated in a training program on Industrial security at the National Industrial Security Academy (NISA) in Hyderabad. The training programme was fully-funded by the Government of India, with a sponsorship of over 50 lakh Sri Lankan rupees.
|Lucknow||Yogi Adityanath||Ram Naik|
Indian International Science Festival
- A four-day Indian International Science Festival (IISF) 2018 kicked off in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh.
- Theme :- Science for transformation.
UP cabinet decides to rename Allahabad as Prayagraj
- Uttar Pradesh cabinet decided to change the name of Allahabad city to Prayagraj.
PM Modi inaugurates Krishi Kumbha 2018
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated Krishi Kumbha 2018 in Lucknow through video conferencing, Mr Modi reiterated the government’s commitment to double farmers’ income by 2022 will help the nation’s food producers at every stage from sowing to selling.
|Kolkata||Mamta Benerjee||Keshari Nath Tripathi|
Compensation of Rs 210 Cr to hailstorm affected farmer
- The West Bengal Government will give a compensation of 210 crore rupees to farmers who had incurred loss due to hailstorm this year.
First container movement on inland waterways
- Inland Waterways Authority of India (IWAI) will transport container cargo belonging to the food and beverage giant PepsiCo (India) from Kolkata to Varanasi on river Ganga (National Waterway-1).
- This would be the country’s first container movement on inland vessel post-independence.
2018 Current Affairs Download – Click Here