The Staff Selection Commission has reviewed the situation arising out of the Corona Virus Pandemic on 04.05.2020. It has been noted that the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare has divided the entire country into different zones according to the spread of Corona Virus & that the lock-down restrictions have been extended upto 17.05.2020. As many as 130 districts in the country, including Metro cities like, Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai, Bangalore, Hyderabad & Ahmadabad, have been put into Red Zones with maximum level of restrictions. The Commission conduct its examinations in more than 150 cities which includes all major cities/ districts headquarters in the country. The candidates are, therefore, required to travel to appear in the examination. This is not possible as long as restrictions in movement, including travel by road/ train, ait, Etc., are in place in any part of the country.
The Commission has decided the Following:
- Schedules for conducting Combined Higher Secondary (10+2) Level Examination 2019, Junior Engineer Examination 2019, Stenographer Grade C & D Examination 2019, Skill Test for CHSL Examination 2018 & Examination for the selection posts Phase – VIII/ 2020 will be announced only after complete lifting of restrictions of lockdown including restrictions on travel by road/ train/ Etc.
- Dates of the Examinations will be announced at least one month in advance for convenience of the candidates.
- Annual Calendar of other examinations of the Commission will be reviewed in light of the decision of the Government with regard to the lifting of lockdown across the County.
- Fresh Dates of the pending results will be announced only after lifting of restrictions as the evaluation work has also been held up due to – 19 pandemic.
- The Commission will further review the situation on 18.05.2020.