Sports Current Affairs – September 2018
In this we have given, September 2018 Sports Current Affairs and other important events held on that day. This is very important for all Competitive exams like UPSC, SSC, RRB, and all PSC Examinations.
Sports Current Affairs:
South Asian Football Federation Cup
- Maldives lift SAFF cup, defeat India 2-1 in Dhaka
India lift Asia Cup
- India has lifted the Asia Cup for a record-extending seventh time. India defeated Bangladesh by 3 wickets in the finals.
India Vs England Test Cricket
- England beat India by 118 runs in the fifth and final Test to wrap up the series 4-1. James Anderson surpassed Glenn McGrath as the highest wicket- taking pacer in Test match history with 564 wickets in 143 matches.
England’s Alastair Cook retires from international cricket
- England’s Alastair Cook has announced his retirement from international cricket, with the fifth Test against India at the Oval.
- India Blue thrashed defending champion India Red by an innings and 187 runs in the final to win the Duleep Trophy
Former England captain Paul Collingwood retires
- Former England captain Paul Collingwood to retire from professional cricket.
Indian women beat Sri Lanka, clinch series
- The Indian women’s cricket team beat Sri Lanka in the second ODI, taking an 2-0 lead in the three-match series.
Asia Cup 2018
- The 14th edition of the Asia Cup begins in the UAE. Six nations [India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Hong Kong, Afghanistan] participating in this cricket tournament.
India-Sri Lanka WomenT20 Series
- Indian women cricket team won the T20 series 4-0 against the Sri Lanka.
U.S. Open Tennis
- Naomi Osaka of Japan beat Serena Williams at the U.S. Open Tennis to clinch her maiden Grand slam singles title.
Novak Djokovic wins men’t title in US open Tennis
- Novak Djokovic of Serbia won the Men’s singles final defeating Juan Martin del Potro of Argentina. It was Djokovic’s 14th Grand Slam title and the third US Open title.
Sardar Singh announces retirement
- Former Indian captain Sardar Singh announces retirement from international hockey.
52nd World shooting championship
- Anjum Moudgil bagged the Olympic quota place in women’s air rifle in style, with a silver medal in the 52nd World shooting championship.
ISSF World Championship
- Om Prakash Mitharwal picked up his maiden gold medal in the 50 metres pistol event at the International Shooting Sport Federation World Championships.
- Divyansh Singh Panwar and Shreya Agarwal netted a bronze in the 10 metres air rifle mixed team junior event of the International Shooting Sport Federation (ISSF) World Championships in Changwon, South Korea.
- India’s Saurabh Chaudhary clinched the 10 metres Air Pistol Junior gold at the International Shooting Sport Federation (ISSF) Shooting World Championship. Arjun Singh Cheema claimed bronze in the same event.
- Hriday Hazarika won Gold Medal in the 10m Air Rifle Junior Men’s event in the ISSF Shooting World Championships.
- Ankur Mittal claimed the men’s double trap gold medal in the ISSF World Championship.
- India’s Junior shooters won the country’s first set of skeet medals at the ISSF World Championships.
- Men’s team of Gurnihal, Ananjeet Singh Naruka and Ayush Rudraraju won silver.
- Gurnihal Singh Garcha won the individual bronze.
- Udhayveer Singh won individual gold in the junior men’s 25m pistol event after spearheading India to the team gold in the World Shooting Championships.
- Gurpreet Singh clinched silver in the senior men’s standard pistol.
- Vijayveer Sidhu won gold in the 25m standard pistol event for junior men and Vijayveer Sidhu, Rajkanwar Singh Sandhu and Adarsh Singh won the team gold.
Indian shooters secure quota places for 2020 Olympics
- Anjum Moudgil and Apurvi Chandela have become the first set of Indian shooters to secure quota places for the 2020 Olympics.
Indian Kho Kho team to participate at the First International Kho Kho Championship
- Union Minister of State for Youth Affairs and Sports (I/C) Col Rajyavardhan Rathore has approved the participation of Kho Kho team from India at the First International Kho Kho Championship in England with financial support from the Government of India.
Olympic Host Nation
- Indonesia will bid to host the 2032 Olympics. Tokyo – 2020 Olympics with Paris – 2024 Olympics and Los Angeles – 2028 Olympics respectively.
Lewis Hamilton triumphs at Italian GP
- Lewis Hamilton won the Italian Grand Prix to tie Michael Schumacher’s record of five Italian GP victories.
Raghul clinches MRF F1600 title
- Raghul Rangasamy emerged champion of the MRF Formula 1600 category
IAAF Continental Cup
- Arpinder Singh won the bronze in the men’s triple jump in the IAAF Continental Cup athletics at Ostrava, Czech Republic.
Ahmet Comert Tournament
- Indian boxers Simranjit Kaur, Monika and Bhagyabati Kachari won gold medals at Ahmet Comert Tournament in Istanbul, Turkey.
Medved International tournament
- Sakshi Malik will face Marianna Sastin of Hungary for title clash in the 62 kg category of the Medved International tournament in Minsk, Belarus.
Silesian Open boxing Tournament for women
- M C Mary Kom clinched her third gold medal of the year in 48 kg category, while Jyoti Gulia won gold in 51 kg of the youth category of the Silesian Open boxing Tournament for women in Gliwice, Poland.
New marathon world record
- Kenyan Eliud Kipchoge set a new marathon world record in Berlin, smashing the previous best as he clocked 2 hour 1 minute 39 second.
IAAF accords gold label to Tata Mumbai Marathon
- The Tata Mumbai Marathon, to be held on January 20, 2019, has been accorded the gold label by the International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF).
Medved International Wrestling
- Sakshi Malik won Silver medal lost to Hungary’s Marianna Sastin in the 62 kg category at the Medved International Wrestling tournament at Minsk, Belarus.
- Pooja Dhanda won Bronze medal in the 57 kg category.
World Champion Kevin Mayer sets new world record in Decathlon
- World champion Kevin Mayer set a new world record in the decathlon with 9,126 points become just the third decathlete to surpass the 9,000-point barrier at the Decastar event in Talence, France.
North, South Korea agree to jointly bid for 2032 Olympics
- North and South Korea agreed to prepare a joint bid for hosting the 2032 Summer Olympics, as part of agreements reached during the third inter-Korean summit of the year.
Junior World Wrestling Championship
- India’s Sajan Bhanwal has advanced to the finals of 77 kg Greco-Roman event in the Junior World Wrestling Championship at Trnava, Slovakia.
WADA lifts ban on Russia
- The World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) lifted a ban on Russia’s anti-doping agency, RUSADA, paving the way for Russian athletes to return to competition across all sports.
Track Asia Cup
- India won 3 Gold, 3Silver and a Bronze on the opening day of the 5th Track Asia Cup Cycling in New Delhi. Mayuri Lute won the country’s first Gold in the Women’s Junior 500 metres race.
Junior world wrestling championships
- India’s Deepak Punia won silver medal in 86kg freestyle event in Slovakia.
- India’s Naveen Sihag has progressed to the 57kg gold medal bout in the men’s freestyle competition.
Asian Team Snooker Championship
- India won silver medal after losing to Pakistan 2-3 in the final of the Asian Team Snooker Championship in Doha, Qatar.
China Open Badminton
- Indonesia’s Anthony Sinisuka Ginting beat Japan’s Kento Momota to take the Men’s singles China Open title. Spain’s Carolina Marin beat China’s Chen Yufei to take the women’s singles title.
Serbia Junior & Cadet Open
- India have swept the team Table Tennis titles in the girls and cadet boys category at the 2018 Serbia Junior and Cadet Open in Belgrade.
Archery World Cup
- India have clinched three medals at the Archery World Cup Final in Samsun, Turkey. Deepika Kumari won a bronze medal in Women’s Recurve event. Abhishek Verma had bagged a bronze medal in men’s compound event. Abhishek Verma & Jyothi Surekha Wennem won a silver in the mixed team event.
Asian Junior Squash title
- Yuvraj Wadhwani has won the 25th Asian junior individual squash championship title.
Formula One championship
- Lewis Hamilton wins the Russian Grand Prix in the Formula One Championship.
Ryder Cup – Golf
Europe beat United States to regain Ryder Cup – Golf.
2018 Current Affairs Download – Click Here
General Knowledge Study Materials Click Here for Download
Daily, Monthly Current Affairs Whatsapp Group Click Here
Telegram Channel Click Here