Sports Current Affairs – October 2018
In this we have given, October Month International Current Affairs and their other details. This is very important for all Competitive exams like UPSC, SSC, RRB, and all PSC Examinations.
To Get Topic Wise Monthly Current Affairs PDF Join Our Whatsapp Group….
Whatsapp Group Click Here
Sports Current Affairs:
India clinch Blind T20 series against England
India beat England by 55 runs in the second T20 game in Bengaluru to take an unassailable 2-0 lead in the bilateral cricket series for the blind.
U-19 Asia Cup cricket
- India entered the Under-19 Asia Cup cricket final after beating Bangladesh by two runs in Dhaka.
2nd Youngest Indian to score a century in Cricket
- Prithvi Shaw became the second youngest Indian to score a century behind the master blaster Sachin Tendulkar.
Quickest batsman to reach 24 Test centuries
- India captain Virat Kohli became the quickest batsman to reach 24 Test centuries after the great Donald Bradman early on day two against the West Indies.
U-19 Asia Cup
- Indian won the U-19 Asia Cup defeating Sri Lanka in the final.
Test series against West Indies
- India has swept the test series 2-0 against West Indies in Cricket.
Pakistan Vs Australia Test Cricket
- Pakistan defeat Australia by 373 runs in 2nd Cricket Test in Abu Dhabi and won the two-match series 1-0.
Vijay Hazare trophy
- Mumbai beat Delhi to lift title for third time
Kohli becomes the fastest to score 10,000 ODI runs
- Virat Kohli broke the world record for the fastest 10,000 one-day international runs. He Reaches the milestone in his 205th innings, surpassing Sachin Tendulkar’s record of 259 innings.
West Indies Dwayne Bravo announces retirement
- West Indies all-rounder Dwayne Bravo announces his retirement from international cricket.
Chris Broad completes triple century of ODIs
- Chris Broad became the second member of the ICC Elite Panel of Match Referees to reach 300 ODIs trails the Sri Lankan Ranjan Madugalle by only 36 ODIs.
China Open Tennis
- Caroline Wozniacki won her 30th WTA singles title in the China Open final in Beijing.
Santo Domingo Open trophy Tennis
- Leander Paes won the Santo Domingo Open trophy with partner Miguel Angel Reyyes-Varela.
Shanghai Masters Tennis
- Novak Djokovic beat Croatia’s Borna Coric in the final of the Shanghai Masters Tennis.
Wimbledon Tennis 2019
- Wimbledon to introduce fifth-set tiebreakers starting in 2019.
India’s new number one doubles player
- Divij Sharan became India’s new number one doubles player, overtaking veteran Rohan Bopanna by moving to 38 in the latest ATP Tennis rankings.
Sultan Johar Cup Hockey
- Great Britain defeated India 3-2 in the final and lifted the 2018 Sultan of Johor Cup in Malaysia.
Asian Champions Trophy
- India & Pakistan declared joint winners of Asian Champions Trophy in Oman after rain washes off summit clash.
31st All India Railways Chess tournament
- The 31st All India Railways Chess tournament will begin at Trichy in Tamil Nadu.
SAFF U-18 Women’s Championship
- India to face Nepal in semi-finals of SAFF U-18 Women’s Championship at Thimphu, Bhutan
36th National Games
- 36th National Games in Goa will be held from March 30 to April 14 next year.
Japanese Grand Prix
- Lewis Hamilton won the record-extending 80th pole position at the Japanese Grand Prix.
- Indian men took the sixth spot and the women finished eighth in the Chess Olympiad that concluded in Batumi.
IBSF World U-16 Snooker Championships
India’s Keerthana Pandian won the girls’ title in the IBSF World Under-16 Snooker Championships in the final in St Petersburg, Russia.
India’s Premier Cyclothon
- Deborah Herold won the gold medal in the elite women’s 40 kilometre competition at Saksham Pedal Delhi, India’s Premier Cyclothon. The honour in men’s 50 kilometres was bagged by Shreedhar Savanur.
Youth Olympic Games
- Shooter Tushar Mane bagged silver in the men’s 10 metre air rifle event.
- Thangjam Tababi Devi became India’s first judo medallist at the Olympic level, claiming a silver medal.
- Jeremy Lalrinnunga wins the first gold for India in the Men’s 62 kg category weight lifting. Sandeep Chaudhary in Javelin throw men’s category, Raju Rakshitha in women’s 1500 meters and swimmer Jadhav Suyash Narayan in men’s 50-meter butterfly won gold medal.
- Saurabh Chaudhary bags Gold in 10-metre air pistol event.
- Indian shuttler Lakshya Sen settled for a silver medal after he lost the men’s singles summit clash against Li Shifeng of China in straight games in the Youth Olympics in Buenos Aires.
- Manu Bhaker became the second Indian after judoka Tababi Devi to win two medals at the Youth Olympic Games (YOG) after winning a silver.
- Indian Men’s team lost to Malaysia & Women’s Hockey team lost to Argentina and won Silver medals at Youth Olympic Games in Argentina.
- Suraj Panwar clinches silver in men’s 5000m race walk event in Argentina.
- Indian Triple Jumper Praveen Chitravel has bagged a Bronze medal at the 2018 Summer Youth Olympics in the Argentina.
- Akash Malik became India’s first silver-medallist in archery at the Youth Olympic Games being held in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
Para Asian Games
- Men’s badminton team won bronze.
- Farman Basha won silver and Paramjeet Kumar won the bronze in the 49 kg men’s powerlifting event.
- Swimmers Devanshi Satijawon won silver in women’s 100 metre butterfly and Suyash Jadhav won the bronze in the men’s 200 metre individual medley.
- Ekta Bhyan won gold at the Asian Para Games by topping the women’s club throw event. Monu Ghangas in the men’s shot put, Anandan Gunasekaran in men’s 200m and Jayanti Behera in the women’s 200m race secured bronze medal.
Harvinder Singh won gold in the men’s individual recurve [Archery]. Monu Ghangas won the silver in the men’s discus throw F11 category, while Mohammed Yasser won bronze in the men’s shot put F46 category.
Narayan Thakur won gold in men’s 100 meters dash, para-shooter Manish Narwal won gold in the men’s 10 meter air pistol event.
- Surender Aneesh Kumar in men’s discus, Ram Pal in men’s high jump and Virender in men’s shot put won silver medal.
- Sundar Singh Gurjar won a silver medal in the javelin throw men’s F46 category.
- Deepa Malik set a new Asian record with her best throw of 10.71 meters and won bronze in the women’s F51/52/53 discus throw event.
- In men’s singles SL3 class badminton, India’s Pramod Bhagat defeated Ukun Rukaendi of Indonesia to clinch the gold medal, Tarun added another gold for India on the final day of the event by beating Yuyang Gao of China 21-16 21-6 in the men’s singles SL4 class.
- India to play with Japan in the semi-final of the Asian Champions Trophy hockey tournament in Muscat.
Nehru Trophy Boat race to be held on Nov 10
- Kerala’s famed Nehru Trophy Boat Race will be held on November 10 in Alappuzha’s Kuttanad,. The annual event was delayed by two months this year due to devastating floods in Kerala
World Wrestling Championships
- World Wrestling Championships begin in Budapest, Hungary.
- 30-member team led by Sakshi Malik, Bajrang Punia to represent India at World Wrestling Championships in Budapest, Hungary.
- India’s Sumit Malik recorded one of the biggest results of his career by reaching the semifinals of the World Wrestling Championships.
- Bajrang Punia has entered 65 kg category Final at the World Wrestling Championships in Budapest, Hungary.
Bajrang Punia had to settle for silver in the 65 kg category of the World Wrestling Championship after losing to youngster Japanese Takuto Otoguro in the final at Budapest.
Pooja Dhanda won a bronze medal in the women’s freestyle 57kg weight class in Budapest, Hungary.
Delhi Half Marathon men’s race
- Ethiopian Andamalak Belihu won in the men’s elite field to win his maiden Airtel Delhi Half Marathon.
French Open Badminton tournament
French Open badminton tournament begins in Paris.
Liuzhou International Challenger
In Tennis, seventh seed Indian Prajnesh Gunneswaran defeated Johan Tatlot of France in closely contested straight sets 6-4, 7-5 in the men’s singles of Liuzhou International Challenger in Guangyuan, China
Kenyan distance runner Abraham Kiptum won the Valencia race, setting a new world best time of 58mins 18sec for the half-marathon.
Panasonic Open India Golf
Indian golfer Khalin Joshi clinches Panasonic Open India title at Delhi Golf Club.
ITTF Challenge Belgium Open
Indian table tennis player Ayhika Mukherjee has won a silver medal in the under-21 women’s singles category of the ITTF Challenge Belgium Open.
Isle of Man International Chess tournament
Grandmaster B Adhiban finished tied third at the Isle of Man International tournament after beating highly-regarded Michael Adams of England in Isle of Man, United Kingdom.
Asian Snooker Tour
- Pankaj Advani wins Asian Snooker Tour in Jinan, China.
2018 Current Affairs Download – Click Here