Sports Current Affairs – November 2018
In this we have given, November Month International Current Affairs and their other details. This is very important for all Competitive exams like UPSC, SSC, RRB, and all PSC Examinations.
To Get Topic Wise Monthly Current Affairs PDF Join Our Whatsapp Group….
Whatsapp Group Click Here
Sports Current Affairs:
India Vs West Indies Cricket
- India clinched the five-match series 3-1 defeating the West Indies by 9 wickets in the fifth and final One Day International.
Breaks world record for most centuries in T20 Cricket
- Rohit Sharma surpassed Virat Kohli to become India’s highest run-scorer in T20 Internationals and also hit most number of centuries – 4 – in the shortest format.
Harmanpreet Kaur becomes first Indian woman to score T20I century
- Harmanpreet Kaur slammed her maiden T20I century during India’s opening match of the ICC Women’s World T20 2018 against New Zealand in Providence Stadium, Guyana.
- Harmanpreet also became the first Indian woman to score a century in T20I. She is now the third player in world cricket to score a T20I International century.
India Vs West Indies T20 series
- India beat West Indies by six wickets to complete 3-0 clean sweep in T20 series.
India Vs Australia T20
- India beats Australia by six wickets in the 3rdT20 to square T20 series 1-1.
ICC Women’s World T20
- Australia won its fourth Women’s World Twenty20 championship after cruising to an eight-wicket victory over England in the final.
Harmanpreet Kaur named captain of ICC Women’s World Twenty20 XI
- Harmanpreet Kaur named captain of ICC Women’s World Twenty20 XI which also featured opener Smriti Mandhana and leg-spinner Poonam Yadav.
BCCI doubles ban for age frauds
- The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) announced doubling of the ban for age frauds.
- Earlier, a cricketer faced a ban of one year.
SAFF U-15 Championship
- India registered a 1-0 win over hosts Nepal in a third-place playoff to return with a bronze medal from the SAFF U-15 men’s Championship in Kathmandu.
- Pakistan and Bangladesh will play for the gold medal.
- In football, Bangladesh beat Pakistan 3-2 in the penalty shoot out to win the SAFF Under-15 Championship in Lalitpur, Nepal.
Subroto Cup International Football
- The final match of the Under-17 boys in the 59th Subroto Cup International Football Tournament to be played in Delhi.
ATP Paris Masters Tennis tournament
- Novak Djokovic to clash with Roger Federer in the ATP Paris Masters Tennis tournament semi-finals.
Paris Masters Tennis, 2018
- Karen Khachanov of Russia has lifted the Paris Masters Men’s Singles title with a stunning win over world number two Novak Djokovic.
ATP World Tour
- Germany’s Alexander Zverev beat Novak Djokovic in season’s finale of ATP Finals at London to lift the trophy.
- Zverev also became the first player to beat both Djokovic and Federer in the same ATP Finals.
ITTF Challenge Belarus Open
- India’s Manav Thakkar settled for a bronze medal in the Under-21 singles category in the International Table Tennis Federation Challenge Belgosstrakh Belarus Open in Minsk, Belarus.
2018 Hockey World Cup
- Pakistan’s team arrived in India to play in the 2018 Hockey World Cup to be held in Bhubaneswar.
Men’s Hockey World Cup
- In Men’s Hockey World Cup, India to take on South Africa in Bhubaneswar.
Individual vault competition
- Superstar Simone Biles became the first ever gymnast to win 13 world championship gold medals with victory in the individual vault competition in Qatar.
SaarLorLux Open Badminton
- India’s Subhankar Dey beat Rajiv Ouseph of Britain in the Men’s Singles final and won the SaarLorLux Open Badminton tournament in Germany.
China Open Masters Badminton tournament
- The China Open Masters Badminton tournament started in Fuzhou, China.
- World champion Kento Momota won the China Open badminton in Fuzhou.
Asian Shotgun Championship
- In the 8th Asian Shotgun Championship in Kuwait, Angad Vir Singh Bajwa has won a gold with a world record score in the men’s skeet final.
- He became the first Indian skeet shooter to win a continental or world level event.
Wrestler Bajrang Punia becomes World number one in 65kg category
- Indian wrestler Bajrang Punia achieved number one rank in the world in the 65kg category.The 24-year-old Bajrang, who has won five medals this season, including CWG and Asian Games gold and a silver at the World Championship, was placed atop the ranking table with 96 points in the UWW list.
Asian Airgun Championships
- Indian pair of Manu Bhaker and Saurabh Chaudhary have won Gold medal creating a world record in the 10 meter air pistol mixed team junior event at 11th Asian Airgun Championships in Kuwait.
World Women’s Boxing Championships
- The World Women’s Boxing Championships will be held in the national capital Delhi. The 35-year-old Mary Kom is tied with Katie Taylor on five gold medals and one more will make her the most successful woman boxer in history since the Irish pugilist has turned a Pro.
- The Women’s World Boxing Championships begin in Delhi. This tenth edition of the tournament is set to be the biggest ever as more than 300 boxers from 72 countries will be taking part.
- MC Mary Kom in the 48 kg category and Sonia Chahal in the 57 kg category to fight for Gold medals in world boxing championship.
- MC Mary Kom created history after she defeated Ukraine’s Hanna Okhota by 5-0 in the women’s 48-kilogram light flyweight final of the Women’s World Boxing Championships in New Delhi.
- With this, the 35-year-old Indian boxer from Manipur became the most successful boxer in the history to win six World Championships.
- Pankaj Advani won his third straight IBSF billiards crown in the 150-up format, taking his overall tally of world titles to 20.
Under-23 World Wrestling Championship
- Indian wrestler Ravi Kumar has stormed into the 57 kg Final of Senior Under-23 World Wrestling Championship in Bucharest, Romania.
World Junior Championship – Badminton
- Indian shuttler Lakshya Sen entered the semifinals of the men’s singles event of the World Junior Championship in Markham, Canada.
Acrobatic Gymnastics World Cup
- Indian gymnasts won two bronze medals in the men’s[Prins Aris and Rejilesh Suribabu] and women’s group [Ayushi Ghodeswar, Prachi Parkhi and Mrunmayi Walde] events of the FIG Acrobatic World Cup in Baku.
Golf World Cup
- Anirban Lahiri and Gaganjeet Bhullar are tied-10thin the Melbourne World Cup of Golf.
Syed Modi International Badminton
- Sameer Verma beat China’s Lu Guangzu in the men’s singles finals to retain the title at the Syed Modi International World Tour Super 300 in Lucknow.
- This is Sameer’s third title win, following victories at Swiss Open and Hyderabad Open.
- Former champion Saina Nehwal lost to young Han Yue of China in women’s singles summit clash.
Artistic Gymnastics World Cup
- Indian gymnast Dipa Karmarkar claimed a bronze medal at the vault event of the Artistic Gymnastics World Cup in Cottbus, Germany.
- Brazil’s Rebeca Andrade won the gold and USA’s Jade Carey bagged the silver.
Commonwealth fencing championship
- India’s C.A. Bhavani Devi made history by becoming the first Indian to win the gold medal in the senior Commonwealth fencing championship held in Canberra.
Chess world championship
- Chess world championship title to be decided by speedy tiebreaker games in London, between reigning world champion Magnus Carlsen of Norway and American challenger Fabiano Caruana.
2018 Current Affairs Download – Click Here
2018 Current Affairs Quiz Download – Click Here