Sports Current Affairs – July 2019
In this we have given, July Month Sports Current Affairs and their other details. This is very important for all Competitive exams like UPSC, SSC, RRB, and all PSC Examinations.
To Get Topic Wise Monthly Current Affairs PDF Join Our Whatsapp Group….
Whats app Group Click Here
ICC Cricket World Cup 2019
- England lifted their maiden ICC World Cup cricket trophy beating New Zealand in a nerve-wracking final that was decided via a dramatic Super Over in London.
Kapil Dev-led CAC to pick India’s next head coach
- The committee comprising Kapil Dev, Anshuman Gaekwad and Shantha Rangaswamy will complete the interview process of the candidates, aspiring to be the new head coach of the Indian team by August 15.
21st Commonwealth Table Tennis Championship
- The 21st Commonwealth Table Tennis Championship began in Cuttack on July 17 . Twelve countries including Australia, England and Malaysia are participating in the event. The event will conclude on 22nd of this month.
21st Commonwealth Table Tennis Championships
- In Table Tennis, hosts India completed a clean sweep, claiming all the seven gold medals at the 21st Commonwealth Championships, which concluded in Cuttack. Indian paddlers topped the medals tally with seven gold, five silver and three bronze. England won two silver and three bronze medals. Singapore got 6 bronze medals while Malaysia and Nigeria got 1 bronze each.
Djokovic beats Federer to win fifth Wimbledon title
- In Tennis, Serbian Novak Djokovic won his fifth Wimbledon title after defeating Swiss tennis ace Roger Federer. This is Djokovic’s 16th Grand Slam and 5th Wimbledon title.
World Tour Platinum Australian Open
- In Table Tennis, the Indian pair of G. Sathiyan and Anthony Amalraj won the bronze at the World Tour Platinum Australian Open. This was India’s first ever medal in the Australian Open, which is a Platinum event.
Indian Men & Women’s teams win Commonwealth Table Tennis title
- In Commonwealth Table Tennis Championship held in Cuttack, India made a record by winning gold in both men’s and women’s category. The Indian men won the final match defeating England 3-2. The Indian women team defeated England 3-0 in final match.
National tennis coaches workshop to be held in Goa
- The 10th National tennis coaches workshop will be held in Goa from September 20 to 23. The workshop for coaches (of other sports as well), tennis facility managers, tennis parents and enthusiasts will offer coaches the latest sports science information and practical on-court presentations.
AIFF Golden Baby Leagues handbook
- Sports Minister Kiren Rijiju launched the All India Football Federation’s Golden Baby Leagues handbook 2019-20 on the sidelines of the Intercontinental Cup in Ahemadabad . The launch marked the renaming of the ‘AIFF Baby Leagues’ to ‘AIFF Golden Baby Leagues’, with emphasis being laid for ages under 6 to under 12 both for girls and boys.
Prithu Gupta is the country’s 64th Grand Master
- Prithu Gupta became the country’s 64th Grandmaster. The 15 years, four months and 10 days old met all technical stipulations needed to be a GM following the fourth round of the Portugese League.
Elavenil bags silver in women’s 10m air rifle
- Elavenil Valarivan bagged the women’s air rifle silver medal in the 30th Napoli 2019 Summer Universiade Event in Italy.
Vijayveer wins his 3rd gold at Junior Shooting World Cup
- Vijayveer Sidhu picked up his third gold medal of the ongoing ISSF Junior World Cup in Suhl, Germany, combining with Rajkanwar Singh Sandhu and Adarsh Singh to clinch the men’s 25m pistol event. India maintained its top spot at the medal standings after day three with 7 gold 7 Silver and 2 Bronze in a total of 16 medals won so far. China is second with 5 Gold 3 Silver and 5 bronze.
International Shooting Sport Federation (ISSF) Junior World Cup
- India has bagged six medals, including two Gold, on day two of the International Shooting Sport Federation (ISSF) Junior World Cup at Suhl in Germany. India bagged two Gold and one Silver medal in the Women’s 10-metre Air Rifle event at the International Shooting Sport Federation (ISSF) Junior World Cup in Suhl, Germany. India remain at the top of the medals tally with 14 medals, six Gold, six Silver and two Bronze. China is second with two Gold and a total of six medals.
ISSF Junior World Cup
- In Shooting, extending India’s domination at the ISSF Junior World Cup, Sarabjot Singh won the men’s 10 metres air pistol gold. This is India’s ninth yellow metal at the event in Suhl, Germany. India remain on top of the medal standings with nine gold, nine silver and four bronze for a total of 22 medals.
Aishwarya Pratap Singh clinches gold in rifle 3-position event
- In the Shooting Junior World Cup, Aishwarya Pratap Singh Tomar clinched gold with a junior world record in the final of rifle 3-position event in Suhl Germany.
Hima Das wins gold in 400m race
- Indian sprinter Hima Das won a gold medal in the 400-meter race with a season-best time of 52.09 seconds at Nove Mesto in the Czech Republic. It was Hima’s fifth gold medal. Hima has already won gold in 200 meters race at the Poznan Athletics Grand Prix and Kutno Athletics Meet in Poland earlier this month.
Indonesia Open final
- In Badminton, P V Sindhu lost to Akane Yamaguchi in the finals of Indonesia Open BWF Tour Super 1000 tournament in Jakarta.
Indian bodybuilder Ravinder Malik clinches Mr South Asia title
- Indian bodybuilder Ravinder Kumar Malik has clinched Mr. South Asia title. He has crowned the overall champion at 12th South Asian Bodybuilding and Physique Sports Championship in Kathmandu. Afghanistan won team championship. India claimed four gold, five silver and one bronze medal.
Veer wins U-19 Asian Squash title
- In Squash, India won a gold as Veer Chotrani beat compatriot Yash Fadte to win the Under-19 title at the Asian Junior Championship in Macau, China. With this victory, Veer became the third Indian to win the Asian trophy after Ravi Dixit and Vela Senthilkumar.
Vaibhav Yadav wins WBC Asia title
- Indian pro boxer Vaibhav Yadav became the World Boxing Council (WBC) Asia silver welterweight champion after defeating Thailand’s Fahpetch Singmanassak in the title bout held in Pattaya, Thailand.
Poznan Athletics Grand Prix
- Hima Das, the under-20 World champion won the women’s 200m gold in the Poznan Athletics Grand Prix in Poland. Muhammed Anas in men’s 200m, S. Jeevan in men’s 400m , Asian champion Tajinder Pal Singh Toor in men’s shot put and V.K. Vismaya in Women’s 200m won Bronze medal each.
Commonwealth Weightlifting Championship
- Former world champion Mirabai Chanu won the gold on the opening day of the Commonwealth Weightlifting Championship in samoa. The Indian contingent won 13 medals that included eight gold, three silver and two bronze medals in senior, junior and youth categories.
Kutno Athletics Meet in Poland
- Star Indian sprinter Hima Das won her second international gold in women’s 200m with a top finish at the Kutno Athletics Meet in Poland. Hima clocked 23.97 seconds to clinch the gold while VK Vismaya bagged the silver in 24.06 seconds. National record holder Muhammed Anas also won the gold in men’s 200m race with a time of 21.18 seconds.
Napoli 2019 Summer Universiade
- India’s Dutee Chand has clinched a Gold medal in the 100-metre dash event at the World Universiade at Napoli in Italy. Del Ponte of Switzerland won the Silver, while German Lisa Kwayie took home the Bronze.
Commonwealth Weightlifting Championships
- Rakhi Halder and Davinder Kaur won a gold medal each in the senior women’s section as Indian weightlifters continued their impressive show on the second day of the Commonwealth Championships in Apia Samoa. India also won five other gold medals in the junior and youth sections.
Commonwealth Weightlifting Championships in Samoa
- In a remarkable performance, the 16-year-old Jeremy, competing in the 67 kg category won the gold medal. National champion Achinta Sheuli lifted a total of 305kg to win the men’s 73kg crown in the Commonwealth weightlifting championships. Sheuli also bagged the junior title. Other Indian lifters continued impressive show by winning four golds, two silvers and a bronze.
Lifter Ajay Singh wins gold at Commonwealth Championships
- Indian weightlifter Ajay Singh has won Gold in 81 kg category at the Commonwealth Championships in Apia, city of Samoa. The other Indian in the 81kg category, Papul Changmai clinched the silver medal by lifting a total of 313kgs.
British Grand Prix
- Lewis Hamilton made a thrilling victory in the Silverstone circuit to win his sixth British Grand Prix, his seventh victory in ten races in 2019.
Yasar Dogu International
- India wrestler Vinesh Phogat has won gold in the 53kg category at Yasar Dogu International in Istanbul. It was third gold in the women’s competition for India after Seema (50kg) and Manju (59kg) triumphed in their respective categories.
Hima Das wins fourth gold in 15 days
- Star Indian sprinter Hima Das clinched her fourth gold in a fortnight as she won the 200m race with a creditable timing in the Tabor Athletics Meet in Czech Republic.
Deepika Kumari bags silver in Tokyo Olympics test event
- India’s top-ranked woman archer Deepika Kumari clinched a silver medal at the 2020 Tokyo Olympics test event after losing to 18-year-old Korean An San in straight sets. This was Deepika’s first individual final in a world event since she won a gold at the third stage of the World Cup in Salt Lake City in June, 2018.
Federation Cup to be held in January 2020
- Pondicherry Basketball Association (PBA) will host the Federation Cup after more than two decades, in the third week of January 2020.
46th women’s chess championship
- Former Asian champion and second seed Bhakti Kulkarni defeated top seed Soumya Swaminathan in the seventh round to emerge the sole leader with 6.5 points in the 46th National women’s chess championship.
Abhay, Tanvi win Bengal Open squash titles
- Abhay Singh of Tamil Nadu and Asian Games medallist Tanvi Khanna clinched the men’s and women’s titles respectively in the sixth Bengal Open squash tournament in Kolkatta
Goa government seeks new dates for holding National Games
- The Goa government has sought new dates for holding National Games. The IOA had recently fined the Goa government for frequently missing the deadlines to host the games in the last four years. The National Games were earlier scheduled to be held in March- April 2019, but were postponed to November on account of Lok Sabha elections, by-polls in the state and HSC examinations.
Tokyo 2020 Olympics unveil medals made from recycled electronics
- Tokyo Olympic organisers unveiled medals designed to reflect the “energy” of athletes as the city marked a year to go until the opening ceremony of the 2020 Summer Games. They will be made from recycled materials collected from old electronics.
Indian Boxing League from October 20
- Indian Boxing League is going to be held at three venues from October 20 to November 9. Leading Indian boxers such as M.C. Mary Kom, Amit Panghal and Gaurav Bidhuri along with 50 top foreign boxers will be seen in action in this Indian Boxing League.
High level committee formed to strategies preparations for 2020, 2024 Olympics
- A high level 10-member committee has been constituted under the chairmanship of Sports Minister Kiren Rijiju to coordinate and strategies the preparation for the 2020 and 2024 Olympics.
Indian boxers bag 8 medals in Thailand Open campaign
- Indian boxers finished their campaign at the Thailand Open in Bangkok with a rich haul of eight medals, comprising a gold, four silver and three bronze.
Khelo India Youth Games to be held in Guwahati next year
- The third edition of Khelo India Youth Games will be held in Guwahati next year. Sports Minister Kiren Rijiju announced the decision.
Max Verstappen clinches German Grand Prix
- Red Bull’s driver Max Verstappen clinched the German Grand Prix at Hockenheim. Verstappen now has the second title of the Formula One season.
President’s Cup Boxing Tournament
- Six-time world champion Mary Kom in 51kg category and Simranjit Kaur in 60kg category grabbed a gold each in 23rd President’s Cup Boxing Tournament in Labuan Bajo, Indonesia.
46th National women’s chess championship
- Defending champion Bhakti Kulkarni of Air India played out a draw against Pratyusha Bodda of Andhra Pradesh in the 11th and final round to emerge champion of the 46th National women’s chess championship.
Dalilah Muhammad breaks world record in 400 hurdles at nationals
- Dalilah Muhammad broke a 16-year-old world record in the 400-meter hurdles by finishing in 52.20 seconds at the U.S. championships.
2019 All Current Affairs Capsule Download – Click Here
General Knowledge Study Materials Click Here for Download
All subject Study Materials Click Here for Download
|To Subscribe Youtube Channel||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|