Sports Current Affairs in October2019
In this we have given, October Month Sports Current Affairs and other important events held on that day. This is very important for all Competitive exams like UPSC, SSC, RRB, and all PSC Examinations.Sports Current Affairs in October 2019.
To Get Topic Wise Monthly Current Affairs PDF Join Our Whatsapp Group….
Whatsapp Group Click Here
Kumar Sangakkara takes charge as MCC President
- Former Sri Lanka captain Kumar Sangakkara took over as the first non-British President of the historic Marylebone Cricket Club (MCC) here. The former Sri Lankan wicketkeeper-batsman is the first non-British President of MCC and will hold the post for one year.
Mithali Raj becomes 1st female player to complete 20 yrs in international cricket
- India women’s cricket captain Mithali Raj became the first female player to last more than 20 years in international cricket. She achieved the feat while leading India to an emphatic eight-wicket win over South Africa Women in the first ODI at Vadodara.
Virat Kholi surpassed sir Don Bradman’s record of most 150 plus score as a captain
- It was a landmark day for Skipper Virat Kohli who first hit his 26th century and equalled Australia legend Ricky Ponting’s record for most Test hundreds as Skipper. After that, he surpassed sir Don Bradman’s record of most 150 plus score as a captain. He then hit a double century, 7th for him, and the most among Indian batsmen, eclipsing legendary Sachin Tendulkar and Virender Sehwag.
Ganguly all set to be elected BCCI president
- Former India captain Sourav Ganguly is all set to become only the second international cricketer to be elected president of the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI). Batting legend Sunil Gavaskar and off-spinner Shivlal Yadav too were BCCI presidents for the conduct of IPL and non-IPL activities in 2014.
- Ganguly will be officially declared BCCI president on October 23.
ICC bans Bangladeshi cricketer Shakib Al Hasan
- In cricket, Bangladesh Test and T20 Captain Shakib Al Hasan has been banned by the International Cricket Council (ICC) from all cricket for two years. One year of the punishment has been suspended after he accepted three charges of breaching the ICC Anti-Corruption Code. This was announced today in a press release issued by the ICC.
World Women’s Boxing Championship begins in Russia
- The World Women’s Boxing Championship began at Ulan Ude in Russia. The best female boxers in the world will compete in the 11th edition of the championships, the most prestigious boxing titles in the word. India will play with a ten-member squad comprising experienced and young boxers. Six-time champion M C Mary Kom will start as a strong medal contender for India yet again in 51 kilogram category.
Mary Kom advances to quarterfinals of World Women’s C’ships
- In Boxing, six-time Champion M.C. Mary Kom advanced to the quarterfinals of the World Women’s Championships in 51 kilogram category at Ulan-Ude, Russia. The 36-year-old triumphed 5-0 against Thailand’s Jutamas Jitpong.
MC Mary Kom settles for bronze in World Women’s Boxing Championships
- Six-time champion M C Mary Kom settled for a bronze medal in the World Women’s Boxing Championships after losing to Turkey’s Busenaz Cakiroglu in an intense semifinal bout at Ulan Ude in Russia.
Manju Rani settles for silver medal in World Women’s Boxing C’ships
- Sixth-seeded Manju Rani settled for silver medal in World Women’s Boxing Championships at Ulan-Ude in Russia. Second-seeded Russian Ekaterina Paltceva defeated Rani 4 -1 in 48 kilogram category in the final match of the tournament.
Indian boxers clinch bumper tally of 21 medals
- Indian boxers at the Asian Junior Championships, clinched a bumper tally of 21 medals, including six golds and nine silvers, to end with the best medal haul among 26 competing countries in Fujairah, United Arab Emirates.
- The gold-medallists among men were Vishvanath Suresh (46kg) and Bishwamitra Chongtham (48kg). The top women finishers for the country were reigning national champion Kalpana (46kg), Preeti Dahiya (60kg), Tanshbir Kaur Sandhu (80kg) and Alfiya Tarannum Pathan (80kg).
7th CISM World Military Games
- In Boxing, World Championships silver medallist Amit Panghal won his opening bout in the men’s flyweight (52kg) category as the boxers gave India a good start in the 7th CISM World Military Games in Wuhan, China.
Praveen Kumar becomes first Indian man to win gold at Wushu World Championships
- Praveen Kumar today became the first Indian man to win a Wushu World Championships gold, beating Russel Diaz of Philippines in the 48kg category in Shanghai. The Indian saw off his Filipino opponent 2-1 in the men’s Sanda event of the 15th World Wushu Championships.
- Among other Indians in the fray, Poonam (women’s 75kg) and Sanathoi Devi (women’s 52kg) secured silver medals while Vikrant Baliyan bagged the bronze in the men’s 60kg category. India finished third overall in the championship in event with a gold, two silvers and a bronze.
- Wushu is a Chinese martial art which combines full-contact kickboxing, including close-range punches and kicks, with wrestling, takedowns, throws, sweeps and kicks catch.
Sumit Nagal wins men’s singles title ATP Challenger Tournament
- In Tennis, Sumit Nagal has won the men’s singles title of ATP Challenger Tournament at Buenos Aires in Argentina. He defeated local favourite Facundo Bognis.
Novak Djokovic clinches Japan Open title
- World number one Novak Djokovic clinched the Japan Open tennis title defeating Australian qualifier John Millman.
UTT National Ranking (East Zone) Table Tennis Championships
- Vishwa Deenadayalan of Tamil Nadu lifted the junior boys’ crown in the National Ranking (East Zone) table tennis championship at Howrah indoor stadium to complete a hat-trick of titles in his age-group category this season. Diya Chitale of Maharashtra claimed her first Junior Girls crown.
Lakshya Sen wins maiden BWF World Tour title
- Indian shuttler Lakshya Sen clinched his maiden BWF World Tour title by winning the Dutch Open men’s singles at Almere in the Netherlands. He had also won the Asian Junior Championships, a silver at Youth Olympic Games and a bronze medal at World Junior Championships last year.
Bahrain International Series
- Indian shuttler Priyanshu Rajawat claimed the men’s singles title at the Bahrain International Series Badminton at Isa Town. Seventeen year old Rajawat beat top-seed Jason Anthony Ho-Shue from Canada in the finals in the summit clash.
Egypt International mixed doubles title
- In badminton, Kuhoo Garg and Dhruv Rawat put up a brilliant effort to win the mixed doubles title at the Egypt International 2019 in Cairo. The Garg and Rawat held their victory over the third seeds Utkarsh Arora and Karishma Wadkar in an all-Indian final.
Satwiksairaj Rankireddy-Chirag Shetty bag silver in doubles event at French Open
- In Badminton, India’s top men’s doubles pair of Satwiksairaj Rankireddy and Chirag Shetty lost to world No.1 pair of Marcus Fernaldi Gideon and Kevin Sanjaya Sukamuljo in the finals of the French Open in Paris. The Indian duo settled for silver after losing the final 18-21, 16-21.
India presents bid to host men’s Hockey World cup in 2023
- India is among the three nations who have presented their bids to host the next edition of the men’s World cup, the International Hockey Federation (FIH) said.
- India, who have hosted the men’s World Cup thrice, wants to conduct the event in the January 13 to 29, 2023 window.
Sultan of Johor Cup
- Indian junior hockey men’s team lost a second consecutive final to Great Britain in the Sultan of Johor Cup as it succumbed to a 1-2 loss at Johor Bahru, Malaysia
10th Asian Age Group Championships
- In Swimming, India’s N Wilson Singh and Satish Kumar Prajapati produced impressive performances to win a gold medal in 10 metres platform synchronised event at the ongoing 10th Asian Age Group Championships in Bengaluru.
Annu Rani qualifies for Javelin Throw Final at World Athletics C’ships
- Annu Rani has become the first Indian to qualify for Women’s Javelin Throw Final at World Athletics Championships in Doha.
- She smashed her own national record during the qualification round of the Championships with best attempt of 62.43 metres.
53rd Asian Body Building and Physique Sports Championship 2019
- Major Abdul Quadir Khan won Silver Medal at the prestigious 53rd Asian Body Building and Physique Sports Championship held at Batam, Indonesia on 02 Oct 19.
Surender Singh creates three world records at World Powerlifting C’ ship
- Surender Singh of India created three world records at the ongoing World Powerlifting Championship in Berlin, Germany.
- Surender bagged gold medal in 110 kg category, Classic Raw and the Best Lifter Award in Classic Raw and Single Ply.
- Three-time World Champion Mukesh Singh went on to add another feather to his cap by winning yet another gold only to be known as 4-time World Champion.
Dutee Chand breaks her own national record
- Star sprinter Dutee Chand smashed her own national record, clocking 11.22 seconds, in the women’s 100m semifinals at the 59th National Open Athletics Championships in Ranchi
Simone Biles breaks record for most world medals won by any gymnast
- Simone Biles broke the all-time record for most medals by any gymnast at the world championships by winning the balance beam competition at the World Gymnastics Championship in Stuttgart, Germany.
- It’s the 24th world championship medal for Biles, breaking a tie on 23 with the Belarusian men’s gymnast Vitaly Scherbo.
Messi wins third straight Golden Shoe
- Barcelona captain Leonel Messi received his sixth Golden Shoe as the top scorer in the European leagues.
- Messi won the trophy for a third straight year after scoring 36 goals, three more than his closest challenger, Kylian Mbappe .
Raunak set to become country’s 65th GM
- Raunak Sadhwani is set to become country’s 65th Grandmaster after continuing his spectacular unbeaten run in the FIDE Chess.com Grand Prix following a sixth successive draw.
World Junior Chess Championships
- World Junior & Junior Girls Chess Championship 2019 started at New Delhi and will be held from 14 to 26 October. Total number of foreign players 47 and 69 Indian players.
Karnataka crowned Vijay Hazare Trophy 2019-20 champions
- Karnataka was crowned the 2019-20 Vijay Hazare Champions as they beat Tamil Nadu by nine wickets in the Vijay Hazare Trophy at Bengaluru. Abhimanyu Mithun and Mayank Agarwal put on a masterclass performance as Karnataka won their fourth Vijay Hazare Trophy title with a dominant display against Tamil Nadu via VJD method.
Tiger Woods equals world record for most career titles on PGA Tour with his 82nd win in Japan
- Tiger Woods made history when he won the Zozo Championship in Japan for his 82nd US PGA Tour victory, equalling Sam Snead’s 54-year-old record. The 15-time major winner held off the challenge of home favourite Hideki Matsuyama to win by three shots at the tournament.
Joshna Chinappa crashes out of World Squash Championship
- India’s leading squash player Joshna Chinappa crashed out in the pre-quarterfinals of the CIB PSA Women’s World Championship after a straight game defeat to top seed Nour El Sherbini of Egypt 0-3 in the pre-quarter finals.
U-23 World Wrestling Championship
- At the Under-23 World Wrestling Championship in Budapest, Indian grappler Ravinder settled for a silver medal after going down to Kyrgyzstan’s Ulukbek Zholdoshbekov in the final. He suffered a 3-5 loss to Ulukbek in 61-kg category. Ulukbek is the current Asian U23 champion. This was India’s first medal at the 2019 edition and overall fifth silver at the Championships.
Oman Junior and Cadet Table Tennis Open
- India’s Swastika Ghosh and Kavya Sree Baskar have secured bronze medals in the Oman Junior and Cadet Table Tennis Open in Muscat. Swastika lost to Yi-Chen Hsu of Chinese Taipei 1-4 to settle for the bronze medal. Kavya Sree lost 1-3 against eventual champion Pu-Syuan Cheng of Taipei in the Cadet Singles to be content with the bronze medal.
2019 All Current Affairs Capsule Download – Click Here
General Knowledge Study Materials – Click Here for Download
All subject Study Materials – Click Here for Download
|For Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|