Southern Railway Recruitment 2021 OUT – 10th and ITI Candidates can Apply For 4078 Carriage Works and Others | Download SR Notification PDF and Apply Online Now. Southern Railway has released the recruitment notification for the posts of Carriage Works at Perambur, Goldenrock Workshop, Central Workshop/Ponmalai, Tiruchirappalli Division, Madurai division and Signal & Telecom Workshop, Podanur. There are huge numbers of vacancies offered for Southern Railway Recruitment 2021. This means 4078. Interested candidates are advised to visit the official site and download the official notification PDF. Check eligibility criteria using the official notification and then proceed to apply online for Southern Railway Recruitment 2021.
Southern Railway Careers 2021 Last Date
Southern Railway Jobs 2021 application the last date for receipt of the application is 30.06.2021. No applications shall be entertained beyond the stipulated date. Application received after the last date will not be considered.
Candidates are advised to submit online applications before the closing date and not to wait till the last date to avoid the possibility of disconnection/inability or failure to login to the online application portal on account of heavy load on the website during the closing days.
Name of the Board
Name of the Post
Carriage Works at Perambur, Goldenrock Workshop, and Signal & Telecom Workshop, Podanur
Number of Vacancies
Starting Date to Apply
Last Date to Apply
Southern Railway Vacancy Details 2021
- Carriage Works at Perambur – 936 Posts
- Golden rock Workshop – 756 Posts
- Signal & Telecom Workshop, Podanur – 1686 Posts
- Central Workshop/Ponmalai – 334 Posts
- Tiruchirappalli Division – 217 Posts
- Madurai division – 149 Posts
Southern Railway Jobs 2021 Eligibility Criteria
The Candidate age limit should be 15 years to 24 years is Mandatory to apply for Southern Railway Recruitment. Detailed Age limit information will be made available very soon on the official site of Southern Railway. The upper age is relaxable by 3 Years for OBC candidates, 5 Years for SC/ST candidates and 10 Years for Persons with disability (PWD).
For Fresher Category: Candidate should have passed 10th Class or 12th Class (with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks) under 10, +2 System of education or its equivalent.
- For Ex ITI Category: Candidate should have passed 10th Class or 12th Class (with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks) under 10, +2 System of education or its equivalent OR Should have passed 10th Class (with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks) under 10 +2 System of education with Science (Physics and Chemistry) and Mathematics or its equivalent and ITI course in the relevant trade in Government recognized ITI.
- Minimum 50% marks in SSLC not applicable for SC/ST/PwBD Candidates. Course Completed Act Apprentices, Engineering Graduates and Diploma holders are NOT eligible to apply.
Rate Of Stipend:
- Fresher’s – Xth STD Rs.6000/- (Per month)
- Fresher’s – 12th STD Rs.7000/- (Per month)
- Ex – ITI Rs.7000/- (Per month)
Southern Railway Careers 2021 Selection Process
The selection will be on the basis of Merit List prepared in respect of all the eligible candidates who apply against the Notification. The Merit List will be prepared by the Committee nominated for this purpose by following the procedure mentioned as under:
- Fresher Category: – Marks obtained in Matriculation will be converted for 200 and merit list will be drawn based on the converted marks duly ensuring Minimum 50% in aggregate marks in Matriculation.
- ITI :- Marks obtained in Matriculation will be converted to 100 marks ( duly ensuring Minimum 50% marks in aggregate) + ITI marks duly converted to 100. Total marks put together will be calculated for 200 marks and merit list will be drawn based on the converted marks giving equal weight age to both.
- MLT :- Marks obtained in Higher Secondary (with Physics, Chemistry, Maths & Biology) will be converted for 200 and merit list will be drawn based on the converted marks duly ensuring Minimum 50% in aggregate marks in Matriculation.
For candidates possessing Xth through General Education Department, Government of Kerala the grades is classified on nine-point scale. Administration will take midpoint of range of grades obtained by the candidates. After obtaining midpoints of all the attempted subjects according to grades awarded, percentage will be calculated treating each subject is out of 100 marks as there is no standard method or multiplying factor for calculation of average of matriculation for such Boards.
- For SC/ST and PwBD ( PH quota) candidates the minimum percentage of 50% marks in aggregate in Matriculation is not insisted upon)
- In case of two candidates having the same marks, the older candidate will be preferred. In case the dates of birth are also same, then the candidate who has passed Matriculation Examination earlier will be considered.
- Original transfer certificate for completion of qualifying examination (Std. X/XII/ITI) must be produced during document verification.
Southern Railway Job Careers 2021 Application Fee
The Application fee will be made paid only on online mode. The application fee for all the candidates is Rs. 100/- (Except SC/ST/WeBD/Female). No other mode of payment will be entertained.
How to Apply for SR Recruitment 2021?
- Go to the official site of the SR Indian Railway website.
- Select News&Updates –> Personnel Branch Information option on the Home page.
- Find and select the required notification on that page.
- Online Application link also available on the same page.
- Fill the application form and click submit button.
- Print the registration form for future purposes.
01.06.2021 is the Starting Date to apply for Southern Railway Recruitment 2021.
30.06.2021 is the Last date to apply for Southern Railway Jobs 2021.
There are totally 4078 vacancies offered for Southern Railway Careers 2021.