‘SMART’ – Supersonic Missile Successfully tested by DRDO in Odisha. The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) which is an agency under the Department of Defence Research and Development has successfully tested ‘SMART’ (Supersonic Missile Assisted Release of Torpedo) in Odisha Coast.
- Also DRDO labs which are DRDL, RCI Hyderabad, ADRDE Agra, NSTL Visakhapatnam have developed the technologies required for SMART.
About SMART missile:
- SMART is a missile assisted release of lightweight Anti-Submarine Torpedo System for Anti-Submarine Warfare (ASW) operations far beyond Torpedo range.
- This launch and demonstration is significant in establishing Anti-Submarine warfare capabilities.
- Founded: 1958
- Headquarters: New Delhi
1) From which place DRDO successfully flight tested Hypersonic Technology Demonstrator Vehicle (HSTDV)? – Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Launch at Wheeler Island, the coast of Odisha.
2) What is the range of Shaurya Missile which was recently test fired by DRDO? – 700-1000 km
3) What is the range of Brahmos Missile? – 400 km range
4) DRDO test-fired LASER Guided anti-tank missile successfully at – Armoured Corps Centre and School, Ahmednagar
5) Prithivi II missile was developed under which programme? -Integrated Guided Missile Development Programme in 1983
6) What is the Range of Prithivi II missile? – 350 km
|Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|