17 September – World Patient Safety Day 2020. On 17 September 2020, the World Health Organization, international partners and all countries will celebrate World Patient Safety Day.
World Patient Safety Day was established by the 72nd World Health Assembly, in May 2019, with the adoption of resolution WHA72.6 on ‘Global action on patient safety’, and an endorsement for the Day to be marked annually on 17 September.
Theme: Health Worker Safety: A Priority for Patient Safety
Slogan: Safe health workers, Safe patients
World Patient Safety Day builds on a series of successful annual Global Ministerial Summits on Patient Safety, which started in London in 2016.
- Raise global awareness about the importance of health worker safety and its interlinkages with patient safety
- Engage multiple stakeholders and adopt multimodal strategies to improve the safety of health workers and patients
- Implement urgent and sustainable actions by all stakeholders which recognize and invest in the safety of health workers, as a priority for patient safety
- Provide due recognition of health workers’ dedication and hard work, particularly amid the current fight against COVID-19
- Headquarters: Geneva, Switzerland
- Founded: 7 April 1948
- Heads: Tedros Adhanom, Soumya Swaminathan, Jane Ellison
1) World Patient Safety Day was established in which year? – 2019
2) World Hepatitis Day is declared by WHO on which date? – 28 July
3) What is the theme of World Hepatitis Day 2020? -Find the Missing Millions
4) WHO observes World Health Day on which date every year? – 07 April
5) What is the Theme of World Health Day 2020? – Support nurses and midwives
6) World Immunization Week is observed on which date? – Last Week of April
7) WHO chose the year 2020 as – Year of the Nurse and Midwife
8) National Nutrition Week is observed on – 01 to 07 September 2020
|Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|