Science and Technology Current Affairs – January 2019
In this we have given, January Month Science and Technology Current Affairs and their other details. This is very important for all Competitive exams like UPSC, SSC, RRB, and all PSC Examinations.
To Get Topic Wise Monthly Current Affairs PDF Join Our Whatsapp Group….
Whats app Group Click Here
Cold wave conditions continue in several states
- Cold wave conditions continue in Punjab, Haryana,Uttar Pradesh,Odisha, Jammu and Kahsmir and Telangana.
World’s 1st woman amputee to climb Mount Vinson
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has congratulated Arunima Sinha for scaling Mount Vinson, the highest peak in Antarctica. She became World’s 1st woman amputee to climb Mount Vinson.
Cyclonic storm PABUK
- Cyclonic storm “PABUK” is very likely to emerge into the Andaman Sea.
Recombinant ELISA kits
- Union Minister of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare Shri Radha Mohan Singh released recombinant Enzyme-linked immune sorbent assay (ELISA) kits: one for Glanders and other for Equine Infectious Anaemia.
World’s youngest mountaineer to climb 7 peaks, 7 volcano summits
- Mountaineer Satyarup Siddhanta conquered Antartica’s highest point, Mount Sidley. He became the first Indian and youngest man to climb the seven highest peaks and volcanic summits across all continents.
- At ICTS-TIFR, Bengaluru workshop, project CMB-Bharat, which could help us listen to the faintest murmurs of the early universe, was discussed.
Inventions / Discover
IIT Madras team produces gas hydrates under ‘space’ conditions
- Researchers at IIT Madras have experimentally shown that methane and carbon dioxide (CO2) can exist as gas hydrates at temperatures and pressures seen in interstellar atmosphere.
IIT Mandi team finds Malarial drug inhibits Zika virus growth
- Researchers at Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Mandi have found a drug hydroxychloroquine or HCQ, that is already being used for treating malaria to be effective in inhibiting Zika virus growth and replication.
- China’s Chang’e-4 lunar rover scripted history when it made the first-ever soft landing on the far side of the moon and sent back close-up images of the previously unexplored region. This is the first time any craft has landed on the unexplored and rugged far side of the moon.
- China has named the lunar rover as ‘Yutu-2’. It follows the BeiDou Navigation Satellite System – China’s homegrown Global Positioning System.
NASA’s probe discovers a new planet
- NASA’s latest planet-hunting probe has discovered a new world outside our solar system, orbiting a dwarf star 53 light years away.
- This is the third new planet confirmed by the Transiting Exoplanet Survey Satellite (TESS) since its launch in April last year.
First manned mission to space by December 2021: ISRO
- ISRO is well prepared to meet the targets of launching Gaganyaan manned mission to outer space by December 2021. For Gaganyaan project, India is planning to send three astronauts to outer space for seven days and bring them back.
- GSAT-20 Satellite for high bandwidth connectivity to be launched in September-October. ISRO is also conceiving a mission to Venus by 2023, the Chairman said.
PSLV-C44 to lift-off with added features
- The upcoming PSLV-C44 mission will see a new variant of the PSLV in use. This variant, tagged PSLV-DL, will be the first to sport two strap-on boosters for providing added thrust.
ISRO schedules its first launch this year
- National space agency ISRO has scheduled its first launch this year on next week. PSLV C-44 will lift off from the spaceport Satish Dhawan Space Centre, Sriharikota, carrying a student satellite called Kalamsat and an imaging satellite known as Microsat-R.
ISRO to launch two unmanned space missions
- Indian Speace Research Organisation (ISRO) announced that it will send two unmanned mission to space in December next year and in July 2021.
US Spy satellite launched
- A US spy satellite has been launched into orbit from California.
- A powerful Delta 4 Heavy rocket carrying the National Reconnaissance Office satellite blasted off from Vandenberg Air Force Base.
ISRO: Countdown to launch 31 satellites to begin
The Indian Space Research Organization, ISRO, will launch a student’s satellite Kalamsat and an imaging satellite Microsat-R, on January 24.
The national space agency’s workhorse rocket PSLV C44 will launch them from the first launchpad at Satish Dhawan Space Center at Sriharikota, some 90 kilometers off Chennai.
ISRO successfully launches PSLV C44
- The Indian Space Research Organisation successfully launched the PSLV C 44 carrying kalam sat and Microsat R.
NASA’s Opportunity rover completes 15 years on Mars
- NASA’s Opportunity rover has completed 15 years of its touchdown on the surface of Mars. The US space agency said it has travelled 45 kilometres and logged its 5,000th Martian day back in February 2018.
ISRO launches Human Space Flight Centre
- The Human Space Flight Centre (HSFC), the hub of ISRO’s future manned missions, was inaugurated at ISRO headquarters in Bengaluru.
App/ Web Portal/ Toll Free
‘Rail Kumbh Seva Mobile App’
- The North Central Railway, NCR has launched a ‘Rail Kumbh Seva Mobile App’ to help people navigate through Prayagraj city during Kumbh Mela starting from January 15.
“Web- Wonder Women” Campaign
- The Ministry of Women and Child Development, Government of India, has launched an online campaign, ‘#www : Web- WonderWomen’.
- The Campaign aims to discover and celebrate the exceptional achievements of women, who have been driving positive agenda of social change via social media.
“Kumbh Mela Weather Service”
- A mobile application named “Kumbh Mela Weather Service” has been developed to disseminate the live weather information.
‘RDP INDIA 2019’
- As a new initiative in sync with the Digital India campaign of the Government, Ministry of Defence had launched a mobile app ‘RDP India 2019’ on the Republic Day, with the intent of making available the highlights of the Republic Day event to the general public all over the world.
“Pariksha Pe Charcha 2.0”
- The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi, interacted with students, teachers and parents, as part of Pariksha Pe Charcha 2.0 at Talkatora Stadium, New Delhi.
2018 Current Affairs Download – Click Here
2018 Current Affairs Quiz Download – Click Here