Science and Technology – August 2018
In this we have given, August Month Science and Technology and their details. This is very important for all Competitive exams like UPSC, SSC, RRB, and all PSC Examinations.
Inventions / Discover:
Chinese scientists create first single-chromosome yeast
- Molecular biologists at the Centre for Excellence in Molecular Plant Sciences in china used CRISPR-Cas9 genome-editing to create a single-chromosome yeast strain.
World’s first Hindi speaking realistic humanoid robot
- Ranchi man Ranjit Srivastava has developed Indian version of ‘Sophia,’ a social humanoid robot developed by a Hong Kong based company, named Rashmi which can speak Hindi, Bhojpuri and Marathi along with English.
Forty-four new exoplanets discovered
Astronomer’s pooled data from NASA’s Kepler and the ESA’s Gaia space telescopes. They confirmed existence of these 44 exoplanets and described various details about them.
NASA names Sunita Williams, 8 others, for first space flights on commercial spacecraft
- The space agency has announced that the nine astronauts will launch on the first crewed test flights and missions of new commercial spacecraft built and operated by The Boeing Company and SpaceX.
ISRO’S Heaviest Satellite GSAT-11 set for launch from French Guiana
- Indian Space Research Organisation’s (ISRO) heaviest satellite so far the GSAT-11 which the space agency had cleared for launch in June, will take off a spaceport in French Guiana on 30 November
Indian telescope spots distant radio galaxy
- Astronomers have used an Indian telescope Giant Metrewave Radio Telescope (GMRT) in Pune to discover the most distant radio galaxy ever known, located at a distance of 12 billion light-years.
World’s first mission to touch the Sun lifts off
- NASA’s Parker Solar Probe, mankind’s first mission to ‘touch’ the Sun will perform the closest-ever observations of the Sun’s outer atmosphere, called the corona.
- Gaganyaan, the human space flight Programme green-flagged and set for 2022 by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
App/ Web Portal/ Toll Free:
GI logo, tagline launched
- Commerce and Industry Minister Suresh Prabhu launched a logo and tagline for Geographical Indications (GI) to increase awareness about intellectual property rights (IPRs) in the country.
e-Pashu Haat portal
- Government has launched e-Pashu Haat portal (www.epashuhaat.gov.in) for connecting breeders and farmers of indigenous breeds.
Bidder Information Management System and Bhoomi Rashi – PFMS Linkage Portals
- Shri Nitin Gadkari launched Bidder Information Management System (BIMS) and Bhoomi Rashi and PFMS linkage – two IT initiatives of the Road Transport & Highways Ministry that are aimed at expediting pre construction processes relating to bidding and land acquisition respectively.
‘Shaur nahin’ mobile app
- Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur launched ‘horn not ok’ awareness campaign and ‘shaur nahin’ (no noise) mobile application.
For More Details Download PDF Here….