Rudram 1- India’s First Anti-Radiation Missile, Successfully tested in Odisha. India Successfully test-fired Rudram 1 which is a new generation anti-radiation missile. This is a new generation anti-radiation missile and also this is the country’s first such missile which will be used by the Indian Air Force (Air arm of the Indian Armed Forces). This Missile is Developed by DRDO which is an agency under the Department of Defence Research and Development in Ministry of Defence.
- Rudram 1, the anti-radiation missile was test-fired from a Sukhoi jet at the Interim Test Range (ITR) in Balasore of Odisha.
- This Missile can target surveillance radars, guidance radars, communication towers, command and control centres and any other radiation-emitting sources.
- IAF now has the capability to perform SEAD (Suppression of Enemy Air Defence) operations deep into enemy territory
- The missile has a launch speech of up to 2 Mach, twice the speed of sound.
- It can hit radiation-emitting targets within a range of 250 km.
- Founded: 1958
- Headquarters: DRDO Bhavan, New Delhi
- Which is the first nuclear weapons country to have a no first use policy? – India
- What is the range of Astra Missile? – 80-110 km
- What is the Range of Brahmos Missile? – 300 Km
- The hypersonic cruise missile vehicle was launched by DRDO by using a proven solid rocket motor, which took it to an altitude of how many kilometre? – 30 km
- What is the Range of Shaurya Missile? – 400 km
- From which place DRDO successfully flight tested Hypersonic Technology Demonstrator Vehicle (HSTDV)? – Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Launch at Wheeler Island, the coast of Odisha.
- Prithvi Missile first test-fired in which year? – 1996
|Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|