PM Narendra Modi to address 75th United Nations General Assembly Virtually. Prime Minister of India Shri Narendra Modi will address the United Nations General Assembly. The Assembly will be held through online due to COVID19 situation. India is a founding member of the United Nations, signing the UN Charter, along with 50 other countries, on 26 June, 1945.
The theme of the 75th UNGA is – The Future we want, the United Nations we need, reaffirming our collective commitment to multilateralism – confronting the COVID-19 through effective multilateral action.
- India will also be a non-permanent member of the UNSC for two years beginning 1st of January next year.
- This Year marks the 75th session of the UNGA, which was started in 1945, after the end of World War II.
The United Nations General Assembly is one of the six principal organs of the United Nations, serving as the main deliberative, policy-making, and representative organ of the UN.
- President: Tijjani Muhammad-Bande
- Headquarters: New York, United States
- Founder: United Nations
- Founded: 1945
1) Name the Indian Teenager who became the Regional Ambassador for UNEP programme? – Khushi Chindaliya
2) General Assembly of the United Nations meets in a regular session – Once a year
3) What is the term of United Nations Secretary General? – 5 years
4) In which year was the UNO awarded the Nobel Peace Prize? – 2001
5) How many official languages does the United Nations have? – 6
6) Name the book released by UNEP to inspire students to adopt environmentally friendly habits and greener lifestyles? – The Little Book of Green Nudges
|Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|