Pakistan re-elected to UN Human Rights Council with Highest number of Votes. Pakistan has been re-elected to the United Nations Human Rights Council (UNHRC), which is a United Nations body whose mission is to promote and protect human rights around the world. The country was selected on the basis of votes of member countries.
- Pakistan became the Member of UNHRC since January 2018.
- Now, the country will continue for another three-year term commencing from January 1, 2021.
- Pakistan has been elected 5th time since 2006.
- Pakistan secured 169 votes out of 193 votes of the member of UN General Assembly.
- Pakistan has secured the highest number of votes among the five candidates from the Asia-Pacific region.
- Five candidates were seeking for four seats in elections in New York.
- Capital: Islamabad
- President: Arif Alvi
- India participated in SAARC health ministers virtual conference hosted by – Pakistan
- Which country has signed an EPC agreement with Pakistan for 700 MW Azad Pattan Hydel Power Project?- China
- Who is the Indian ambassador to Pakistan? – Ajay Bisaria
- Which country ranked first in UNDP Gender Social Norms Index 2020? – Pakistan
- Who is the Prime minister of Pakistan? – Imran Khan
|Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|