October 13 is observed as International Day for Disaster Reduction. Every Year International Day for Disaster Reduction is observed on October 13. This day celebrated to spread how people all over in the world are reducing their exposure to disasters. The day is also known as World Calamity Control Day.
Theme of 2020 International Day for Disaster Reduction is ‘Disaster risk governance’.
- The International Day for Disaster Risk Reduction was started in 1989, after a call by the UNGA for a day to promote a global culture of risk-awareness and disaster reduction.
- This day recognizes how individuals and cities around the world are that their vulnerability to disasters and raises awareness of the importance of managing the threats they face.
About Sendai Framework:
Sendai Framework consists of the seven strategic targets and 38 indicators were set to measure the progress on reducing disaster losses. Every year had a target to be achieved starting from 2016. Based on Sendai Framework, India framed National Disaster Management Plan.
- Headquarters: New York, United States
- Founded: 24 October 1945
- Secretary General: Antonio Guterres
- International Day for Disaster Reduction is also known as – World Calamity Control Day
- Which organization proclaimed International Day for Disaster Reduction? – United Nations
- International Day for Disaster Reduction established in which year? – 1989
- What is theme of International Day for Disaster Reduction 2020? – Disaster risk governance
- Headquarters of United Nations Located in – New York, US
- Sendai Seven” campaign was launched in – 2016
|Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|